AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback

Go down 
+3
Andrw_13
{PK}Mirez
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^
7 posters
AuthorMessage
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback Empty
PostSubject: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 pm

I had some training matches with my clanmate Pain, and we were both Oranos in this game.
What I do here is no fix strategy, I just read a guide and tried to pull the idea off. Couldn't repeat this if I'd be asked to xD.
Plz advise me sum nice oranos records, I'd really want to get better at supre.
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/FWBLrr87_R/pain-vs-naka-oranos-vs-oranos.rcx
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:42 pm

Best oranos player in history is XpT_Cyclone, he basically invented how every oranos player nowadays played. He was #1 for over 4 months with oranos on eso.
For more recent recorded games I'd advise DoD_Narcotic's recorded games.

Here's a good guide:
http://rts-sanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&showtopic=83025&st=0
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:03 am

thx for the advise Mirez, I'll look up that guy's games.
And I played by this guide, although I didnt remember all of course, so I forgot for example that it is a waste to throw turmae at the enemy. In my game that I posted, I did (on my level) a good job I think. Still, it was only luck that lead me to that win.
It wasn't a concious strategy lol.
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

ID ID : 2552530

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:00 am

i would recomend the basic 4:30 Classical.

About the rec: Well done by playing agressive, altho the first thing to renember when playing Sup is: Always go hunt, specially on Hgh Hunt Maps, hunt instead of berries would give u food faster. All other things were cool.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T] Pain***

[Bo0T] Pain***

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:10 am

Naka.....nice game play by the way.....

one suggestion i found in our games yesterday was to use sky passages effectively,.,,,,

also try to have some infantry along with your turma+promethean rush....

one question i want to ask you is what if your oppo is atty too and he uses the same rush ?
(this i showed you yesterday using kronos,.,,,)

Andrw_13 is correct....go for hunting rather than berries,,,,cause hunting provides you

fastest means of food so you wuold go classical age 10-20 sec earlier than normal,,,,

apart from these,,,,,try out this strategy too...

3 for food+2 for wood +2 for gold.......and buld a settlement using 1 wood villager and 1 gold villager....then advance to classical in one tc and put villagers in other....

advantage here is you would get more villagers(cause in one you would be advancing to classical age while in the other you can create villagers)

and more prometheans (abt 8-9) (because 2tc favor generation) in 8:00 mins....

this is crucial as 8-9 prmetheans is quite difficult to counter even with heroes....

one big disadv is if your enemy is a rusher,,,never go for this strategy.....

remember the fact that atty are more powerful when they are in classical than they are in heroic...Razz

Last edited by [Bo0T]Uchiha Madara on Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:31 pm

at 8/9 mins you don't want to make prometheans anyways, just stick to turma raiding take a 2nd tc and go heroic
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 2:17 pm

Uchi did you just say that I should grab a Tc before classic? That is pretty inadvisable... anyone would take his chances and go in guns blazing at my second tc. Atty Tc-s are pretty weak anyway. I got my butt kicked by every non atty culture when I tried this. And yeah, prometheans will be my means of killing towers and gold/food gatherers next time, and I wont include them in my later troops.
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:05 pm

getting a 2nd tc before archaic is a commonly used strategy, especially in teamgames where early aggression usually doesn't work
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

ID ID : 376747

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:18 am

Never have an idle TC - otherwise your opponent will have more citizens and will be able to spam units from increasingly larger number of barracks and will also be able to get upgrades faster.

One of the things to remember while 'classical fighting' (as opposed to strategies like 'FH' or '2TC') is :
Your army is largest when when you have spent all the resources you've gathered, i.e. resource count as close to 0-0-0 as possible just before engaging a fight (so arrange your workers that way).

Goodluck and have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

ID ID : 2552530

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:06 am

For the TC Foward the BO's are:

HH map
1 eco guild (hd) -> food
2 food
3 wood
4 gold -> when 25 Manor
5 gold
6 wood
7 food
8 food
ADV and make TC
Back to top Go down
Vaga

Vaga

ID ID : 712824

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:21 am

no cookie cutter strat bro
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T] Pain***

[Bo0T] Pain***

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:46 am

@Mirez...if early aggression doesnt works,you have option of creating more economy(due to villager creation in 2tcs) along with military units....but "BIG" disadv here is "2TC cant be used against rushers"
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:42 am

oranos player should always focus on raiding or attacking and controlling the whole map by taking the tcs. 2 tcs early isn't a good idea. 8-9 prometheans is waste of gold, archer heros kill prometheans fast and you need to stop after you make 4 prometheans and after it you should stick to raiding and controlling the tcs.
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:33 pm

[Bo0T]Uchiha Madara wrote:
@Mirez...if early aggression doesnt works,you have option of creating more economy(due to villager creation in 2tcs) along with military units....but "BIG" disadv here is "2TC cant be used against rushers"
2 tc won't work vs any decent player (except ra), he will just mass units as soon as he noticed you went 2 tc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback   I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm learning supre, would appretiate some feedback
Page 1 of 1