Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister

Share | 

what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
death

ID ID : 1451210

PostSubject: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:17 pm

http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/530gh4QqMF/gay-game.rcx

just let me know what i did wrong......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T] Pain***

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:04 am

Gay game?...LOL...Smile...
I will look into it and let u know man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:25 am

1.Learn how to Scout.
2. Make raiding cavalry+TA instead of full TA.
3.Send one hersir to your base to kill the valk.
4.Upgrade pigstickers faster.
5.See if there is another way to enter his base.
6. Don't let him build hillfort outside his base.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T] Pain***

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Evil....your BO was nice...
1. Try to take the settlement near your military base faster.....strategically.it will give you both defence and much needed population....
2. since he uses raiding cavalry.....try to keep your villagers as near as possible to your army...
3. Never have an idle army,,,and please scout to see enemy villager locations,,,
4. you took army so fast,,,(cause of Ulfsark spamming) yet you were made to defend...y?...i feel its due to bad scouting...
5. if possible, have two to three towers up in your military base or surround his boundaries with walls.....also have counter cavalry upgrades to towers....

The nice thing i can see is your fast BO.
Next time u play, concentrate on using your army for raiding too....
for raiding,your fast BO is a main advantage..just a little more effort needed....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 pm

[UrK]_Vegito wrote:
1.Learn how to Scout.
2. Make raiding cavalry+TA instead of full TA.
3.Send one hersir to your base to kill the valk.
4.Upgrade pigstickers faster.
5.See if there is another way to enter his base.
6. Don't let him build hillfort outside his base.

thx bro ur always a good help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:37 pm

[Bo0T] Pain*** wrote:
Evil....your BO was nice...
1. Try to take the settlement near your military base faster.....strategically.it will give you both defence and much needed population....
2. since he uses raiding cavalry.....try to keep your villagers as near as possible to your army...
3. Never have an idle army,,,and please scout to see enemy villager locations,,,
4. you took army so fast,,,(cause of Ulfsark spamming) yet you were made to defend...y?...i feel its due to bad scouting...
5. if possible, have two to three towers up in your military base or surround his boundaries with walls.....also have counter cavalry upgrades to towers....

The nice thing i can see is your fast BO.
Next time u play, concentrate on using your army for raiding too....
for raiding,your fast BO is a main advantage..just a little more effort needed....

first off, thx a lot bro for trying to help me really appreciated and yes i did not know where to send or do with my army and it is cuz of bad scouting, norse has bad scouting units thats why but i will scout much better seeing how serious it really is now, thx bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:27 pm

Another thing i want to add.
If you want to rush him advancing through Freyja is better because of more aggresive GP and faster mythunit which is useful for scouting.If you want to play defensively making trolls then go forsetti which you would do against greek players.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:17 pm

I disagree, if you want to defend you need speedy units so you can raid him

besides a very early forest fire can delay him for quite a while because greeks need a lot of wood early in classical

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Mirez wrote:
I disagree, if you want to defend you need speedy units so you can raid him

besides a very early forest fire can delay him for quite a while because greeks need a lot of wood early in classical
If you want to defend you don't need valks to raid cause you have raiding cavalry but need archers which norse don't have. So trolls are better.
A very early forest fire on wood cutters delays him for a while so you can rush him and win. In this case you are not playing defensively.Early forest fire will work only when the opponent doesn't have forests near by his base and have to walk a long way for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:33 pm

it always works because he's always gathering wood so it will always stall him

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Vs greeks i agree with forseti cuz it gives you a ranged myth unit which is wat norse desparately needs vs greeks but thats just a noobs opinion, never the less thx for the info guys Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrw_13

ID ID : 2552530

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:45 am

Some usefull tips:
-When the food is round of ur tc get it in the tc and then out so it gets there faster (no need with thor cuz the dwarves mine the gold right next to the tc)
-Also hunt to one animal at time (its faster and no waste)
And dont give away your GP Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Lol andrw need to b specific about gp waste lol nd think bout it y do need to get the cart there faster when the vill needs to kil then gather food n by tha time cart will be there already but thx for the help anyways Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrw_13

ID ID : 2552530

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:17 pm

healingspring was good at beginin but they were too far imo
and the chart thing, its not useful with thor but it is with all other gods Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:46 pm

healing spring is arguably the worst classical godpower, a decent player won't have idle military units

ID ID : 532021

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Mirez wrote:
healing spring is arguably the worst classical godpower, a decent player won't have idle military units

Yes, I must agree. Healing spring's healing rate is very slow also, & only if you keep your military idle near the spring, then it heals faster, but still slow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?   Today at 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down

what to do when a thor player does 2 forts and has cavs raiding your gold?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1