Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister

Share | 

My guide to playing Poseidon.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake

ID ID : 376747

PostSubject: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 02, 2011 3:39 pm

With some general stuff too.
Meant for average players, new players and 1700-

Download here:
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/rPxLBC-MQ8/jakes-guide-to-playing-poseidon.pdf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 pm

Great work, nice book Jake!!

That's a real guide.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge of Posy Smile

Jake

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 02, 2011 10:10 pm

You are ever so nice Rage I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[bMF]::Odysseus

ID ID : 481623

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 03, 2011 7:28 am

as i already said bfore...its AWESOME!!!

king the pics and descptrion and strgies u explained in very simple way...grt job What a Face

grt work bro Very Happy and i am really feeling special u shared ur guide with me bfore posting it here Smile

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 03, 2011 12:14 pm

I'm afraid to look at it but I appreciate the effort. Wink

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 03, 2011 4:07 pm

@Mirez, what do you mean you're afraid?
@Ody, i'm glad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 03, 2011 5:11 pm

{PK}Mirez wrote:
I'm afraid to look at it but I appreciate the effort. Wink
why u act as a negative catalyst for ppls men :/ Shocked

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 03, 2011 7:20 pm

I don't think Mirez meant anything bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Jake wrote:
lol...i never meant mirez meant anythng bad...he is one of the descent guy on forum...thts why i favoured his name for mod lol..
i just meant his comments they r not very motivating...(i am afraid to look at) :/

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 04, 2011 11:53 am

well at least I'm being honest

ID ID : 376736

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Odysseus wrote:
Jake wrote:
lol...i never meant mirez meant anythng bad...he is one of the descent guy on forum...thts why i favoured his name for mod lol..
i just meant his comments they r not very motivating...(i am afraid to look at) :/

You came to the wrong place to seek motivation , is all i can say lol! . But yeah the guide is actually pretty detailed. Wink

There is No One who cannot be defeated and Nothing that cannot be done .

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Thu May 05, 2011 5:05 am

[Bo0T]Lucifer***^ wrote:
Odysseus wrote:
Jake wrote:

You came to the wrong place to seek motivation , is all i can say lol! . But yeah the guide is actually pretty detailed. Wink
and why not??? he wrote tht guide for average ppl new plyrs or below 1700-...he gave his time on this..he has done somethng gud for nubs and other plyrs and also for this forum...if u cant motivate dont coment anythng else too zzz...they will stop doing such works zzz...and now u both r moderators... -.-" so u could hav reduced ur comments

I'm afraid to look at it but I appreciate the effort. (only this link could hav given ur msg lol tht u didnt like tht guide on a certain lvl bt still u admiored it)
dont mind guys...its nothing personal...just i saw jake he worked hard on tht guide...he searched pics...collected data...edited...so the comments must worth it(even if u dont like it...aftr all its a guide not a recrded game zzz) :/ thts wht i wanted to explain Smile

ID ID : 376736

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Thu May 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Odysseus wrote:

dont mind guys...its nothing personal...just i saw jake he worked hard on tht guide...he searched pics...collected data...edited...so the comments must worth it(even if u dont like it...aftr all its a guide not a recrded game zzz) :/ thts wht i wanted to explain Smile

This is not a fairytale to have a happy ending like that , and btw my opinion about the guide is that its pretty detailed and good .

Jake is my buddy Very Happy The motivation thing was in reply to you , not him Very Happy .

Also , FYI : Pointing out the mistakes / criticizing guides gets the author to improve it further , therefore helping himself and others as well .

There is No One who cannot be defeated and Nothing that cannot be done .

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Thu May 05, 2011 7:37 pm

[Bo0T]Lucifer***^ wrote:
Odysseus wrote:

This is not a fairytale to have a happy ending like that , and btw my opinion about the guide is that its pretty detailed and good .

Jake is my buddy Very Happy The motivation thing was in reply to you , not him Very Happy .

Also , FYI : Pointing out the mistakes / criticizing guides gets the author to improve it further , therefore helping himself and others as well .
omg lloll...did i say not to point out mistakes or dont criticize i wrote a guide too http://aom-gr.forumotion.com/t792-rush-tuto-for-newbies ...and i weclomed all gud/bad comments(nver meant to end it like a happy fairy tale lol)...criticism is another factor bt i just meant to mirezs comment...'i am afraid to look at' (wtf it means) and yea surely u appreciated him...i just commented on ur motivational factor lol...lets close this topic...its spoiling this guides direction :X

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Fri May 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Picture 3. Its mine. That was my only safe gold and its soo safe that even i couldn't mine it. I won that match somehow luckily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Fri May 06, 2011 5:46 pm

I took a look at it, it's pretty good, although you got some details wrong (lure attracts 900 not 1000) it's very complete. Even raiding tips and explaining what forward/backward gold is and such.

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Sat May 07, 2011 1:59 am

men the the strtgy against egy will not work...i used to do this whn i was new...i use to ceasefire as soon as enemy egy goes heroic to stop him builiding migdol,bt i learnt one thng very qucikly tht it will hurt u more aftr cease goes lol...he will make more gold till and even if u raid and try to stop him he will make migdol near his tc(ftw!)and he already hav a+e so it will mess lol...i guess FH is the best strtgy against egy with posi or classical hardcore raiding force him to make spearmens which will delay his FH,i used these both stuffs and it works Very Happy
btw mirez really lure gives 900? i always thought 1000 lol...once i checkd,long ago it was exact 1k dont rembr map name lol...i will try and check again as u cant b wrong too..

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Sat May 07, 2011 2:15 am

bro just checked this lure stuff...not once bt thrice lol...the first time i got 1100 food in Savannah and second game again 1100 it was tundra both the games lure destryd aftr tht and in 3rd game i got 950 it was Marsh i didnt not got any animal atracted to it aftrwards bt lure was still on...so it concludes tht 1000 food it provides if it was 900 it would hav falled aftr 950..

http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/PjDgD4_Ksp/recorded-game-3.rcx
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/WnPOn5jlW_/recorded-game-2.rcx
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/_1Y4Dfk6V4/recorded-game-1.rcx

[UrK]_Vegito wrote:
Picture 3. Its mine. That was my only safe gold and its soo safe that even i couldn't mine it. I won that match somehow luckily.
how the heck u mined gold from it???u had rocs??? or shifting sands or u choped the wood first thn went to gold???

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Sat May 07, 2011 6:19 am

Thank you for clearing that Ody and avoiding any confusion.
Your effort inspired me to test further,
I saw that it collapses at exactly 1k.
It does not collapse even at 975 food.

125x7+100x1=975 food.

Odysseus wrote:
[UrK]_Vegito wrote:
how the heck u mined gold from it???u had rocs??? or shifting sands or u choped the wood first thn went to gold???

no no, he did have other gold, just that they were not in a safe position.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Sat May 07, 2011 4:15 pm

it's coded to attract 900, last time I argued 1000 as well but dragonq showed me the piece of code, maybe it has a range between 900 and 1100 or it just attacts animals until it has 900 (lets say it summoned 800 and it attracts a 200 food animal) I'm not sure
Odysseus wrote:
men the the strtgy against egy will not work...i used to do this whn i was new...i use to ceasefire as soon as enemy egy goes heroic to stop him builiding migdol,bt i learnt one thng very qucikly tht it will hurt u more aftr cease goes lol...he will make more gold till and even if u raid and try to stop him he will make migdol near his tc(ftw!)and he already hav a+e so it will mess lol...i guess FH is the best strtgy against egy with posi or classical hardcore raiding force him to make spearmens which will delay his FH,i used these both stuffs and it works Very Happy
using ceasefire right away is a bad idea, he will just mine and make his mig later. Or even worse, take a forward tc within goldmine range. You could try to use cease between his Ancestors and eclipse but that's very risky and will rarely work.

I prefer to go ares in this situation, in the start of the game make 2 stables and an archery range, knock him off hunt and take a 2nd tc. Make hippikons and toxoses meanwhile make walls in the centre of the map. Make sure you have the entire map scouted and have 1 tox/hippikon at every goldmine he might take. I like to have my scout on patrol between 2 goldmines/town centers.
When he's heroic he will try to make a migdol near a goldmine, use your army to prevent him from doing so. He will most likely use A+E, run through your walls. If he attacks the walls keep running towards another wall. If he runs around wait a sec and attack the migdol. When A+E is done send your entire army to attack his migdol with pestilance (good players will make a monument near their migdol but pestilance's range is huge so you can still pull it off most of the time, also you can use pestilance before his mig is finished so try to use it before A+E), most hippikons attack his migdol and a few to attack his chariots. Use your toxoses to attack his repairing villagers. After his migdol is destoyed make sure he cannot get gold outside his base and go to mythic.

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 09, 2011 3:15 pm

i like mirez's strategy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 10, 2011 7:21 pm

I just wrote what seems to be the expert opinion,

Firefox's strategy (which I included in my guide) says to "cease eggy when hes heroic"

vs. Egy, many expert guides says to start off with pure hippikon (no toxotes),
Themista's anti-Egy guide, Juzam's guide and again in Firefox's guide (he says "raid").

I've watched a lot of Ghostlake's recs and as far as I've seen, he always starts with pure hippikons vs. Egyptians.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 11, 2011 9:55 am

yes you can start with hips, just to push him of hunt, after you get your 2nd tc make tox. Pure hips is downright retarded, a good isis will just make 2 barracks and autoq spearmen on his way to heroic. Or he'll just make a 2nd monument and starts making scorpion men who eat hippikon alive.

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 11, 2011 6:05 pm

{PK}Mirez wrote:
it's coded to attract 900, last time I argued 1000 as well but dragonq showed me the piece of code, maybe it has a range between 900 and 1100 or it just attacts animals until it has 900 (lets say it summoned 800 and it attracts a 200 food animal) I'm not sure
Odysseus wrote:
using ceasefire right away is a bad idea, he will just mine and make his mig later. Or even worse, take a forward tc within goldmine range. You could try to use cease between his Ancestors and eclipse but that's very risky and will rarely work.

I prefer to go ares in this situation, in the start of the game make 2 stables and an archery range, knock him off hunt and take a 2nd tc. Make hippikons and toxoses meanwhile make walls in the centre of the map. Make sure you have the entire map scouted and have 1 tox/hippikon at every goldmine he might take. I like to have my scout on patrol between 2 goldmines/town centers.
When he's heroic he will try to make a migdol near a goldmine, use your army to prevent him from doing so. He will most likely use A+E, run through your walls. If he attacks the walls keep running towards another wall. If he runs around wait a sec and attack the migdol. When A+E is done send your entire army to attack his migdol with pestilance (good players will make a monument near their migdol but pestilance's range is huge so you can still pull it off most of the time, also you can use pestilance before his mig is finished so try to use it before A+E), most hippikons attack his migdol and a few to attack his chariots. Use your toxoses to attack his repairing villagers. After his migdol is destoyed make sure he cannot get gold outside his base and go to mythic.

i meant same lol bt failed to explained in brief Razz tht cease is bad idea and instead try raiding bt forgot to mention advance with ares XD whch is do most of times...bt awesome explanation dude...
and yes jake i saw themistas anti egys guide too...
Themista - "For those who prefer hermes a 5.15 up would be good so u can hunt block him and raid as best as u can without wasting hippikons and cents.Cents in mass numbers are very effective against eggys u cant counter their raids and give ur self the time to take 3 tc while the other guy straggles to get gold outside base.In case u have 2 tc and army with cents and ur oppo just upped heroic a ceasefire 10 sec after he upped would be op cause it would give u 1 min to get a 3 tc and make some more army before he even make 1 midgol unit" i hope confusion is cleared now...he meant to use cease for taking extra tc thn to get extra army so tht till tht one min. egy guy will not make any migdol unit and he will not spam barracks unit in grt no. so u will b on upper hand and also u can take migdol easily bt its tough needs lot of micro + really gud scouting...

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Ghostlake not only starts with, but also makes just hippikons throughout his matches vs. FH Egy IIRC

Please check this out:
http://gamerecordings.com/index.php?s=988a8331b0167c2d92e9c260fbd9c664&portal=AOT&fview=4&showtopic=185092&#entry2048858

btw, toxotes counter scorpions how? and what about when he has 1 siege tower(which an Egy is more likely to make than scorpions)?

@Ody, i never said that Themista's anti-egy guide gives advice for Poseidon players to use ceasefire in that manner.
In fact, he says to do that only under Zeus.
I said that Themista's anti-egy guide says to start off with pure hippikons vs. Egy.
Hope i got the words correct XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Today at 6:19 pm

Back to top Go down

My guide to playing Poseidon.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next