Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister


Share | 
 

 My guide to playing Poseidon.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 10:25 am

{PK}Mirez wrote:

In theory they sound nice with the theia upgrades but they cost more then an elephant and die very quickly. The resources are better spend on aging up or other upgrades.

Suspect Contarius don't cost more than an elephant, they are like less than half of ele's cost(Contarius=110, Elephant = 250 resources). But they suck without Theia's upgrade(Poseidon's secret I think). They can be used in lategames though, they are quicker than destroyers or Fire Siphons, & do much damage against buildings, especially wonders & Titan Gates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaga



ID ID : 712824
Posts : 536
Points : 536
Reputation : -51
Join date : 2010-03-31
Age : 27
Location : pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 10:36 am

[Bo0T]Lucifer***^ wrote:
PKClown wrote:
Lucifer, please stop insulting our intelligence.

When someone gets into our business , we respond in kind .



Vaga wrote:


compared to mirez your a scub. Mirez can easily
play dm on your lvl while not being a dm player you cant even put a
fight in supremacy. your just a pathetic little noob who thinks he's
something because he can beat a few kids in dm on gameranger. And the
sad thing is everybody here knows Mirez>You.

Hey vaga , nice to see you too Very Happy ; i realized flaming keeps the community alive more than just discussing boring strategies ; so i support you 100 % now Very Happy . Your flaming is what i look forward to now , for a change lol!

P.S - I did play Mirez once and he lost pretty quickly . I suppose Mirez could play DM on my level , but the fact that he doesnt and then talks about it is quite pointless, by the same logic ; dont u think ?

Looking forward to you replying with some pointless flaming again ,

Cheers,
Bo0T_Lucifer

flame=win king my point was that he can play op dm just by being a goldlike in supremacy its just fruiting hilarious to watch noobs try to justify nublogic to people 10x better then them and the funniest part is that they actually think they have some valid points... but hey what are you gonna do? cant cure stupid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^



ID ID : 376736
Posts : 480
Points : 617
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 10:39 am

Vaga wrote:


flame=win king my point was that he can play op dm just by being a goldlike in supremacy its just fruiting hilarious to watch noobs try to justify nublogic to people 10x better then them and the funniest part is that they actually think they have some valid points... but hey what are you gonna do? cant cure stupid

Claiming to be better , Disregarding others' points , Some random pun ; yep its all there ; keep up the good work Very Happy .

_________________

There is No One who cannot be defeated and Nothing that cannot be done .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaga



ID ID : 712824
Posts : 536
Points : 536
Reputation : -51
Join date : 2010-03-31
Age : 27
Location : pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 10:41 am

[UrK]_Epsilon wrote:
{PK}Mirez wrote:

In theory they sound nice with the theia upgrades but they cost more then an elephant and die very quickly. The resources are better spend on aging up or other upgrades.

Suspect Contarius don't cost more than an elephant, they are like less than half of ele's cost(Contarius=110, Elephant = 250 resources). But they suck without Theia's upgrade(Poseidon's secret I think). They can be used in lategames though, they are quicker than destroyers or Fire Siphons, & do much damage against buildings, especially wonders & Titan Gates.

hero upgrade is free now????? lawl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaga



ID ID : 712824
Posts : 536
Points : 536
Reputation : -51
Join date : 2010-03-31
Age : 27
Location : pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 10:43 am

[Bo0T]Lucifer***^ wrote:
Vaga wrote:


flame=win king my point was that he can play op dm just by being a goldlike in supremacy its just fruiting hilarious to watch noobs try to justify nublogic to people 10x better then them and the funniest part is that they actually think they have some valid points... but hey what are you gonna do? cant cure stupid

Claiming to be better , Disregarding others' points , Some random pun ; yep its all there ; keep up the good work Very Happy .
Seems you know Vaga>Lucifer, there may be hope for you yet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito



ID ID : 366877
Posts : 851
Points : 916
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 23
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 10:46 am

Contarius die quickly,cost a lot, don't have high attack. The only thing they are good at is their speed. Even when you spam contarius and have all the theia upgrades, they still suck as the upgrades are mainly for contarius hero and you will not have enough resources and favor for heroes. By the time you will have enough the would be finished already atleast due to wonder or it will be on time of wonder and you use them to kill it. Also while making the contarius you will need a lot of amount of time and you will be idle for most of time. So the opponent can know what we are doing and may try to counter it.
Normally gaia does 6 villis start vs Greeks and train army quickly and cut you out of your hunt. You may be even forced to cease because of this. Its not easy to cent rush gaia. Gaia does have an advantage in the classical. But from heroic onwards myth units such as nemean rex, colossus, the availability of ranged siege will make greeks more powerful than gaia.

{PK}Mirez wrote:
there's no arguing with you, you've never played at any decent level so theres no point
Except the above comment, i accept to all facts that mirez said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^



ID ID : 376736
Posts : 480
Points : 617
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 10:52 am

Vaga wrote:

Seems you know Vaga>Lucifer, there may be hope for you yet!

Cool !! I dont know why but i feel so calm now ...

wait .. feels like .. like an aura just encaptured me , My whole life's dreams and goals now seem so achievable ...

All thanks to you , Oh Venerable Double Posting Random Internet Flamer ; saying there might still be hope for me .... lol!

_________________

There is No One who cannot be defeated and Nothing that cannot be done .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 10:53 am

Vaga wrote:
[UrK]_Epsilon wrote:
{PK}Mirez wrote:

In theory they sound nice with the theia upgrades but they cost more then an elephant and die very quickly. The resources are better spend on aging up or other upgrades.

Suspect Contarius don't cost more than an elephant, they are like less than half of ele's cost(Contarius=110, Elephant = 250 resources). But they suck without Theia's upgrade(Poseidon's secret I think). They can be used in lategames though, they are quicker than destroyers or Fire Siphons, & do much damage against buildings, especially wonders & Titan Gates.

hero upgrade is free now????? lawl

Yep, through valor bounce


[UrK]_Vegito wrote:
Contarius die quickly,cost a lot, don't have high attack. The only thing they are good at is their speed. Even when you spam contarius and have all the theia upgrades, they still suck as the upgrades are mainly for contarius hero and you will not have enough resources and favor for heroes. By the time you will have enough the would be finished already atleast due to wonder or it will be on time of wonder and you use them to kill it. Also while making the contarius you will need a lot of amount of time and you will be idle for most of time. So the opponent can know what we are doing and may try to counter it.


+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 11:10 am

Reply to the nonsense posts : this is what the challenge section is for.
@ Duck: thanks for clearing this up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez



Posts : 1074
Points : 1107
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-01-03
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 12:10 pm

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:
Reply to the nonsense posts : this is what the challenge section is for.
@ Duck: thanks for clearing this up.
you posted the most nonsense in this topic

this is the exact reason why I was skeptical in the first page. A 1600 writing a guide based in his interpretation of other guides, whoop tie dooh. To make matters worse he's even trying to ague with me after I made a good contribution to the thread. When I started posting here this community was fully aware they were noob but they were eager to learn. Now there's only 1600 players who think they know it all. I don't know why I even bother...

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^



ID ID : 376736
Posts : 480
Points : 617
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 pm

{PK}Mirez wrote:
there's no arguing with you, you've never played at any decent level so theres no point

As a matter of fact this thread was going fine until you had to comment this way when there was a healthy discussion going on .. if you disagree with him then just say so .

{PK}Mirez wrote:


this is the exact reason why I was skeptical in the first page. A 1600 writing a guide based in his interpretation of other guides, whoop tie dooh. To make matters worse he's even trying to ague with me after I made a good contribution to the thread. When I started posting here this community was fully aware they were noob but they were eager to learn. Now there's only 1600 players who think they know it all. I don't know why I even bother...

Is i wrong even if a 1600 ( Which jake is not ) posts a guide ?

Also when you are clearly only around 1600 in DM , why do you bother commenting on the DM topics that we have ? You may not make any good contributions there , but atleast we dont tell you that you are a 1600 or that you are a noob in DM . Everyone has their gametypes , get that through your head lol .

_________________

There is No One who cannot be defeated and Nothing that cannot be done .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jake



ID ID : 376747
Posts : 89
Points : 115
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2009-08-30
Age : 26
Location : Kerala, India.

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 4:13 pm

I never thanked you for your strategy. I'm sorry. Thank you, for i can try it out when I'm having trouble.

{PK}Mirez wrote:

A 1600 writing a guide based in his interpretation of other guides, whoop tie dooh.
What do you base that on?
Over time, I learned things little by little from guides, recs and playing. Those stuff that have been very and continuously helpful for me i wrote in my guide. Those stuff can be traced back to other people's guides and recs, which is why i wrote 'A collection of ideas from various people's guide and recs'. As opposed to just taking Mr. X's guide, interpreting it, and posting my interpretation.


{PK}Mirez wrote:

To make matters worse he's even trying to ague with me after I made a good contribution to the thread.
What is wrong with arguing with you after you make a good contribution? Suspect

Please tell me why you say that it is better to add toxotes than to add more hippikons against scorpion men. Also considering the fact that we would need to upgrade both hippikons and toxotes separately.

{PK}Mirez wrote:

yes you can start with hips, just to push him of hunt, after you get your 2nd tc make tox. Pure hips is downright retarded, a good isis will just make 2 barracks and autoq spearmen on his way to heroic. Or he'll just make a 2nd monument and starts making scorpion men who eat hippikon alive.

Had you already watched that ghostlake rec that i linked here? Do you think that he would've done better if he made toxotes? Surely you don't say that his playing is retarded.


Please don't say that someone's rating is 1600 as if you just checked his rating page a minute ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[bMF]::Odysseus



ID ID : 481623
Posts : 534
Points : 598
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 27
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 5:56 pm

{PK}Mirez wrote:
no because hips are slow and minions are very fast, besides they last for a very long time. You'll want to wall anyways against chariot raids. Besides like I said if he makes spearmen you're screwed.

i donno wht changed ur view bt it was u bfore who made me thnk abt this-

{PK}Mirez wrote:

2) adha style (all greeks), go full hippikon and do the same as in 1, the positive thing about this is that your army is faster and can run from A+E better, he also has a harder time countering them, however you don't have the hoplite siege bonus
http://aom-gr.forumotion.com/t653-how-do-you-stop-minions-and-ecilpse-with-greeks

i donno why u r opposing jake now...u urself was favouring the same thng ; u admited hips r faster and bettr at a/e time...and comeon men u cant just insult anyone on his comment or rating(jake is 1735+on eso)...everyone is trying to contribute upto there lvl,u cant just thrash thm...if u thnk jakes guide is not of tht lvl u shuld write a guide for gr ppl :/ and we knw u can write a gud 1...bt the ppl who hav showed efort must b apreciated rather thn ignoring -.-"

and everyone has difrnt point of view...jake has its own and same with naka...and same with u....just try to put ur fact if they agrees thts gud and if they dont ,leave it no need to insult anyone -.-"
seriously i donot see any harm/bad thng in nakas post...he is new supre playr(he is pro dm plyr) and i saw him he is improving very fast...its new to him ofc he is not at ur lvl u r massive expericned can pawn almost all gr plyrs...bt he is free to post his views u can correct bt cant flame on him men...

CEASEFIRE guys...just stick to topic and comment on jakes guide...its a gud one Wink



_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaga



ID ID : 712824
Posts : 536
Points : 536
Reputation : -51
Join date : 2010-03-31
Age : 27
Location : pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Quote :

Yep, through valor bounce


Gaia has valor? bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaga



ID ID : 712824
Posts : 536
Points : 536
Reputation : -51
Join date : 2010-03-31
Age : 27
Location : pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Mon May 16, 2011 7:41 pm

[Bo0T]Lucifer***^ wrote:
Vaga wrote:

Seems you know Vaga>Lucifer, there may be hope for you yet!

Cool !! I dont know why but i feel so calm now ...

wait .. feels like .. like an aura just encaptured me , My whole life's dreams and goals now seem so achievable ...

All thanks to you , Oh Venerable Double Posting Random Internet Flamer ; saying there might still be hope for me .... lol!

that's what i'm here for luci you should have admitted to being my bitch way way earlier!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^



ID ID : 376736
Posts : 480
Points : 617
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 17, 2011 5:48 am

Vaga wrote:


that's what i'm here for luci you should have admitted to being my bitch way way earlier!

I thought you were well equipped to recognize sarcasm , but guess i expected too much out of you , my fault .

Odysseus wrote:
i donno why u r opposing jake now...u urself was favouring the same thng ; u admited hips r faster and bettr at a/e time...and comeon men u cant just insult anyone on his comment or rating(jake is 1735+on eso)...everyone is trying to contribute upto there lvl,u cant just thrash thm...if u thnk jakes guide is not of tht lvl u shuld write a guide for gr ppl :/ and we knw u can write a gud 1...bt the ppl who hav showed efort must b apreciated rather thn ignoring -.-"

Lolz nice catch ody , though when someone makes like a compulsory post in every topic and gets over a 1000 ones , its hard to remember whether he said something opposing his earlier argument Very Happy . I remember him SPAMMING contarius heroes when he played a DM game against me and in the earlier posts he says the idea of using contarius heroes itself is stupid and says no 1700+ player would ever use them making him lesser than 1699 ??? Laughing Laughing

Anyway , lets drop this ; if anyone is interested we could get a challenge topic up for both gametypes if you'd like, only if everyone agrees to post there peacefully without any flaming nonsense.

_________________

There is No One who cannot be defeated and Nothing that cannot be done .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Vaga wrote:
Quote :

Yep, through valor bounce


Gaia has valor? bounce

Did I say Gaia ? I was talking about Contarius & I am sure Kronos & Oranos have Valour, as well as Contarius Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 pm

[UrK]_Epsilon wrote:
Vaga wrote:
Quote :

Yep, through valor bounce


Gaia has valor? bounce

Did I say Gaia ? I was talking about Contarius & I am sure Kronos & Oranos have Valour, as well as Contarius Basketball

11 we were discussing Gaia... Seems like the low gravity on Pluto has influenced your attention :-)
Btw after re- reading this guide i think it really should draw beginners to possy, lets try to contact some guys, recruit some new forum members. That should never hurt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Tue May 17, 2011 5:22 pm

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:

Gaia has valor? bounce

Did I say Gaia ? I was talking about Contarius & I am sure Kronos & Oranos have Valour, as well as Contarius Basketball [/quote]

11 we were discussing Gaia... Seems like the low gravity on Pluto has influenced your attention :-)
Btw after re- reading this guide i think it really should draw beginners to possy, lets try to contact some guys, recruit some new forum members. That should never hurt.[/quote]

Well, I was discussing about Contarius though. Pluto has low gravity ? Niceee. Your astro-physics is good. cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito



ID ID : 366877
Posts : 851
Points : 916
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 23
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 18, 2011 9:27 am

Even though kronos and oranos has valor, you will definetly use it in the classical age. Also only 3 military heroes can be made through valor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 18, 2011 9:31 am

Do you guys use it on a vill aswell or is that wasted pop?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 18, 2011 11:56 am

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:
Do you guys use it on a vill aswell or is that wasted pop?

If a vill is near your army when you make valour, then it's ok.. But just doing valor on only a vill is a waste. (Even if you have 3 vills & no army, only 1 vill will become hero)
But in lightning, you can make valour on vills though Razz because you can't make more vills until you have two hero citizens..
But lightning isn't that much popular, nobody plays it Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^



ID ID : 376736
Posts : 480
Points : 617
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 24
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 18, 2011 1:07 pm

yeah ur right .. in lightning if i have less food , i invoke valor on the villagers and continue making more .. it sounds like wasting valor but in practicality its actually very useful

_________________

There is No One who cannot be defeated and Nothing that cannot be done .


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaga



ID ID : 712824
Posts : 536
Points : 536
Reputation : -51
Join date : 2010-03-31
Age : 27
Location : pittsburgh, PA

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Wed May 18, 2011 10:35 pm

lawl epsi kronos dosnt have thea lol valor for late game contarious makes no sense imo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[bMF]::Odysseus



ID ID : 481623
Posts : 534
Points : 598
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 27
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Thu May 19, 2011 12:39 am

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:
Do you guys use it on a vill aswell or is that wasted pop?
ofc its very usefull...always use valor whn u got a villgr in los along with army...use tht vllager(hero) to make buildings also he can gather esources at faster rate...only at the time whn u r krushing use valor whn u hav no villagr in los or u will hav to waste resources on turning ur tht oracle into hero Smile

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My guide to playing Poseidon.   Today at 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
 
My guide to playing Poseidon.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Anti LAG guide
» guthans guide
» ___A Guide to Ranging Mithril Dragons___
» Basic Guide for slayer task monsters
» Lag playing in Taiwan server from Shanghai

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AOM on Gameranger :: Age of Mythology :: General, Strategy discussions-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com