Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister

Share | 

how about making some kind of rating system here ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PAPUNAPU

PostSubject: Reply   Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:23 am

Yes,I agree
it will be good to have ranking system
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[TR-F]Otinane

PostSubject: Re: how about making some kind of rating system here ?   Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:50 am

Something like

1vs1:

3 points earned for every win,
1 for every loss (even if someone loses he still deserves a point for the game he played)

2vs2:

2 points for every win in a 2vs2 tournouament for each play of the winning team
1 for every loss

And those points can be measured in a system under the forum profile of every user (i know a bit from forums and its easy to just put one more under Age,Location,...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: how about making some kind of rating system here ?   Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:40 pm

I've moved this topic to the right section, sorry Neotron a bug occured and your post has been deleted during the move :s

Anyways this is a great idea and we have already think of it but it's really very difficult to set up and also find the best way of having ranking here (all games must be checked, players also... the game must be planed on the forum, players fix a date and record must be posted )

I thought a good way would be to make championships where everybody plays vs everybody (so the same number of matches for each player) and we count the point (the same system we have for football championships).

If you have other ideas, just let me know them^^

[TR-F]Otinane

PostSubject: Re: how about making some kind of rating system here ?   Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Well to be honest its the same thing either in championships or in tournouaments.
Anyway the championship is still a nice idea to organise.

Anyway i suppose this forum is a "free" forum so i am not sure how many things it allows u to change from the php-code and the database in general.If u need some help on that i could give a try or guide u
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: how about making some kind of rating system here ?   Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:20 pm

You're right, we can't change a lot of things here and I can'y acces sql database :/ so I have to install script on my personnal website and then to insert a page with a frame (as it's done for tournament charts).

Championship is better than tournament because everybody play the same number of games and everybody play vs everybody... It's more fair.

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: how about making some kind of rating system here ?   Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:11 am

That would be SWEET!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how about making some kind of rating system here ?   Today at 5:24 pm

Back to top Go down

how about making some kind of rating system here ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1