AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My guide to stronger buildings techs

Go down 
+3
Evil_Vegito
[bMF]::Odysseus
Jake
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake

Jake

ID ID : 376747

My guide to stronger buildings techs Empty
PostSubject: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:25 pm

This guide is about 'masons' and 'architects' tech and is a JPEG file. It consists of screenshots from tests i did in the editor. Hopefully it will help those who have not understood the usefulness of those 2 techs.

I realized the importance of those 2 techs a few weeks ago when one guy countered my fast earthquake strategy on tiny map by researching those techs. Till then i had thought that earthquake could win any match on tiny map.

Download here:

http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/VmM_yXwtTt/btguide.jpg

btw, Rage, am i allowed to upload that there? silent

EDIT:

Instructions on how to use

1) Save image to computer and open it. View in full screen recommended.

2) Zoom in till you can see things clearly or right click on image, and then click 'zoom actual size' if you are using ACDSee.

3) Pan the image till you can see the top left corner. Look at the screenshot near the top left corner. Then follow the arrows.

The idea is just this :

One screenshot shows you how your town was before an earthquake, next screenshot shows you how it looks like after an earthquake.

One screenshot shows you how your town center is before collossus attack, the next screenshot shows you how it will look like after the collossus attack.

If there is a little picture of 'masons tech' (a hammer) next to a sceenshot, then it means that 'masons technology' has been applied to the buildings in that particular screenshot.

If you see repairers in any screenshot, then that means they have been repairing throughout the attack.

Please feel free to ask here if you don't understand something.

EDIT 2:

If you dislike it, then please tell me why, so that i may improve.

Last edited by Jake on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down

ID ID : 481623

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:27 am

yea its absolutely right place to post...
but its lil complicated to understand wht pucs r explaining specially for new ppl...try describing it a lil...i guess it will make it easy Smile
bt gud job anyways bro... a super '+' vote for u (i am writing coz my vote option is disabled so i cant vote lolz)
What a Face

Last edited by [bMF]::Odysseus on Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:47 am

A very handy research.
Back to top Go down

ID ID : 481623

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:58 am

Evil_Vegito wrote:
A very handy research.
thts for sure Very Happy
fortified tc with both these research rocks lol...
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:01 am

[bMF]::Odysseus wrote:
yea its absolutely right place to post...
but its lil complicated to understand wht pucs r explaining specially for new ppl...try describing it a lil...i guess it will make it easy Smile
bt gud job anyways bro... a super '+' vote for u (i am writing coz my vote option is disabled so i cant vote lolz)
What a Face

Thank you Ody and Pruth. I added instructions.
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:54 pm

Also mention when to upgrade the techs for each civilization.
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Evil_Vegito wrote:
Also mention when to upgrade the techs for each civilization.

Yikes, i don't really know.
In the expert recs, i see them getting it just as their fourth resource is getting attacked - which is their town center.
I think that is the best time to get it. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Of course jake you're allowed to upload such files in the host website!

You are a hard worker, thanks again for sharing tips.
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:19 pm

Thank you for the compliment dude. Very Happy I just had some free time.
Back to top Go down
[TwlsTeD]PitLord

[TwlsTeD]PitLord

ID ID : 12324

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:02 pm

everybody knows that an earthquake can easly destroy a town center...and who sends only 1 colosus to atack ? and also the hero gets stronger in classic/heroic/mythic
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 3:14 pm

PitLord wrote:
everybody knows that an earthquake can easly destroy a town center...and who sends only 1 colosus to atack ? and also the hero gets stronger in classic/heroic/mythic

Earthquake won't destroy a town center with masons and architects. Saving that +15 or +20 population could be key to victory.

Those techs reduce the damage done by a % irrespective of how many collossus you attack with. Sure, you could send more collossus as your eco grows, but remember that at the same time the number of repairers also increases, not always 3 as in guide.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:34 pm

In dm we tend to destroy hades TCs even with 2 forts around it using only EQ...
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:38 pm

Jake wrote:
Earthquake won't destroy a town center with masons and architects

Damn, i just realised that it totally depends on the buildings surrounding the town center too.
Earthquake destroys a lone town center with masons and architects.

I tested in editor and observed that for Hades, if there are 7 houses in earthquake area of effect, TC just survives.
Each house contributes about 500 hp damage reduction to surviving TC. By adding a lot of houses or granaries or anything, you can make your TC virtually immune to an earthquake.
Looks like fortresses contribute only 50% of their hp towards damage reduction.

Thanks Naka and Pitlord.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Now you hit the nail on it's head.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 11:08 am

Jake wrote:

Damn, i just realised that it totally depends on the buildings surrounding the town center too.
Earthquake destroys a lone town center with masons and architects.

I tested in editor and observed that for Hades, if there are 7 houses in earthquake area of effect, TC just survives.
Each house contributes about 500 hp damage reduction to surviving TC. By adding a lot of houses or granaries or anything, you can make your TC virtually immune to an earthquake.
Looks like fortresses contribute only 50% of their hp towards damage reduction.

Thanks Naka and Pitlord.

Yes, even if Hades TC has more hitpoints than other civ's TC's, it will still collapse to EQ if there aren't much buildings surrounding it.
But, as Atty's TC are considered as most vulnerable, they can be destroyed even if it has 3 Manors (+Masons & Architects)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My guide to stronger buildings techs   My guide to stronger buildings techs Empty

Back to top Go down

My guide to stronger buildings techs
Page 1 of 1