Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister


Share | 
 

 Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:16 am

Hey, i know this sort of topic has been opened countless times already.
All i wanted to say that the ESO guys are starting to really get tired of the low player basis, and the lack of activity (currently its decent because of tourneys, but that's not the point).
If i were you i would seriously consider to move to voobly until you have the chance to learn from these guys. In not much more than a year or two they might be gone.
Surely some, like Maiden are nice enough to come here to this forum, and EVEN GAMERANGER, but that's very rare to be honest.
You've got nothing to lose with voobly, there aren't even as many cheaters/hackers as here on GR. Although i would stay away from NIM games xD
Anyway, i hope I'll be seeing some of you over there, for the occasional supre game i throw in.
And of course I'm always open to some DM matches bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:01 am

Something has to be done about this game. There are 3 servers that we are playing on...... imo its ruining the game for all of us. I do believe consolidation will improve the community(s) and the game in general, however i am not in favor of a particular server. (yes i know this is a gameranger forum).

wherever the community goes, it has to be where we are not hindered in any way and are able to grow to our maximum potential (however small that may be, in comparison).
If consolidation means switching to voobly, then this site can simply be an aom/aot forum, not necessarily gr. if the consolidation means on gameranger, then i hope everyone here will welcome newcomers with open arms and a friendly hand Smile. Either way i think something has to happen so that our beloved game ceases to trickle out thus quickening impending doom.

I think that age of mythology has NOT run it's course, that there is still a TON of potential for growth, improvement etc. All we need to do is use the resources we have and take advantage of positive action, instead of falling culprit to so much negative action towards us.... (like aoe3, ensemble studios selling the company, no more online cd keys, 3 separate servers, cheaters still apparent etc).

I dont know how many of you guys were around when there were 2k+ people on eso at all times.... but those days were heaven Very Happy. i was there for only a short amount of time, but it was so much fun to be playing so many games, with thriving competition etc. I am sick of hearing 'i wish i could go back in time, i wish there were more players, i wish this i wish that'. I think it's time to make things a reality, to bring a positive aura back to this game!

On rts-sanc (dunno if you guys are familiar with that place), anyways im trying to inspire some affirmative action over there. It'd be great if the gameranger guys show some aom spirit, show some initiative and support whatever it is that our beloved community will try to achieve..... regardless of who plays on which server.... thats not important.... whats important is that we are still able to make the best of this game even after almost a decade! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:34 am

not much to do honestly, more then half won't even bother to do what you said to do, i say we just let the game R.I.P lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 am

That was not the thoughtful post one might be expecting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 am

Ancient_Aliens wrote:
not much to do honestly, more then half won't even bother to do what you said to do, i say we just let the game R.I.P lol

bull shit. leave then if u're fine with aom rip'ing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:27 am

sorry lol but i've been around the gr community for a while now, and i know gr people pretty well.

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
Ancient_Aliens wrote:
not much to do honestly, more then half won't even bother to do what you said to do, i say we just let the game R.I.P lol

bull shit. leave then if u're fine with aom rip'ing.

i said R.I.P(rest in peace) not rip lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito



ID ID : 366877
Posts : 851
Points : 916
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 23
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:51 am

I play this game like one time a week, or something like that and that too with friends. I prefer gr. No ratings, no anger, just fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:27 am

just because there is the option to play a game for points doesn't mean it's not fun and casual 11.
however it does give you the option to have some fun playing the ladder and enjoying the competition Very Happy

thats what im still addicted to!! the competition!!!
i love the time period and mystical mythology aspect of this game, thats hwy i'm still here Very Happy. That coupled with competition is so awesome! Very Happy

But also, it's nice to just play with friends as well, especially many AoL's that i haven't spoken with for a long time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:08 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
just because there is the option to play a game for points doesn't mean it's not fun and casual 11.
however it does give you the option to have some fun playing the ladder and enjoying the competition Very Happy

thats what im still addicted to!! the competition!!!
i love the time period and mystical mythology aspect of this game, thats hwy i'm still here Very Happy. That coupled with competition is so awesome! Very Happy

But also, it's nice to just play with friends as well, especially many AoL's that i haven't spoken with for a long time! Very Happy

yea, thats the only reason i still am here, cuz of friends really lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:25 pm

there's nothing wrong with making new friends hahaha.
or think of it another way..... you and your friends will have more people to play against.... i mean, attempting to boost activity doesn't take THAT much effort, and theres plenty of OTHER people who are willing to do so.... (like me lol)
all we're asking from the general population is to just cooperate and be positive and uplifting about this, and the game will be better for all of us regardless the reason why you still play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito



ID ID : 366877
Posts : 851
Points : 916
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 23
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Fun with rating you say? Everyone wants to win and increase the rating. No one plays fair and there is no fun. I played many games in eso. Around 70% of the people cheated, oosed, map hacked, spawn hacked, unpauses the game. Game ranger is the only place i had fun. I don't want any rating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:20 pm

On aom i have not been hacked for at least a year. Ya on aot eso, cheaters are more prevalent. Thats why you ask for rated in chat lol. the cheaters just free search and find whoever they want..... On voobly you choose who you play rated against, anyways.

(other than hacking) why do ppl not play fair in rated? Its more competitive so people do what they need to to win Very Happy. Thats part of the whole 'competition' thing that i'm infatuated with 11.

If you think playing rated is bad, try playing the top 10 ladder, or in a tournament with a cash prize lol. It's not just bragging rights people are fighting for in that Smile.


Anyways look nobody's gonna force you to play rated lol. if you're scared and can't handle it, thats no problem dude. TONS of people aren't interested in playing for points anymore. On the flip side, there are still TONS of people who do 11.....
So whats the problem with you giving us a little encouragement instead of being so fucking negative? Really if you're just here to play with your friends, then leave htis topic (and myabe forum) because you're of no use here and simply doing more harm than good. More activity can ONLY be a good thing for you and your friends, so stop being a little bitch and complaining about every little thing, like the majority of the whole aom/aot community does.

be positive for once!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito



ID ID : 366877
Posts : 851
Points : 916
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 23
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 am

There is a lot more activity in gr than what you think. I am quite satisfied playing here. The basic reason i play this game is to have fun. Not to get a better rate. I have experienced eso, voobly and gameranger and i find gr more fun. I don't like the concept of rating at all. I never complained about Isis laming or oranos laming cause i had fun playing even with them. But when it comes to OoSes it just ruins the fun of the game. I am here in this community because i want to get organized with all the game ranger friends, discuss game related things and have fun together. I am not here to help some other community. There were times in which there was little or no activity in gr. We never posted in every community to come here. We just called back our old friends and we utilized what we had. Sorry, i will not encourage this action.

Also I am not scared of anything.I just don't like that system.

I respect your love for rating. I hope you respect my love for fun.................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:01 pm

i know about gr activity, before christmastime i played there everyday 11.


again: just because there is the option to play rated DOES NOT mean you are forced to do so lol. You are limiting yourself to the amount of people you can play against by thinking this way. If there is the option of playing a normal game AND a rated game, then it will attract people who enjoy to play both.... thus increasing the general population......

look dude it can only be a positive thing. if you dont want to play rated, then dont fucking play rated LOL. its an OPTION, just an option for those who want it.

Im sorry for being a bit rude, but open your fuckin eyes lol. Its for the better of the entire population of people who play aom/aot, regardless of which server they play on and if they want to play for points or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:18 pm

Maiden i'm not sure anyone cares here.
I will be promoting these actions throughout gr, but it pretty much seems that this attempt here was a fail, because people are way too lazy to download an additional program and get used to a different interface.
I'd have to point out that rated games were never a problem for me, i got only OoS-ed 3-4 times of the 500+ rated games i played there.
Like i said avoid the NIM clan, or play unrated games. Your friends can all go with you to voobly.
You have clan support, hell , they set you up a free forum!!!!
I don't have any idea why you guys are being so reluctant. Seems like you rather make up pointless excuses instead of acting in order to save the game and make it rock for additional years.
Thank you very much, GR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:08 pm

lol why doesn't voobly come to gr?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Because voobly is running rts sanc, the superior forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:03 am

because there are still many many people who want to play for points, and voobly offers that.
so since voobly has the best of both worlds, rated AND unrated, it makes sense that IF there was a mass movement of eso and gr, it'd be to voobly.


Vegito, did you play when there were still 2k+ people on eso everyday?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito



ID ID : 366877
Posts : 851
Points : 916
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 23
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:33 am

If i don't like rated, then whats the use of me to shift to voobly? Why should i leave gr which has lot of activity?

The time when i played eso was around 700.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:16 pm

There are better players on voobly and im sure they would be willing to play unrated.
Seriously apart from the rare ESO players no one is much above 1700 rr here skill wise .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:33 pm

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:
Because voobly is running rts sanc, the superior forum.

oh did not know that, i see now, i like gr interface better, thats honestly why i don't like voobly and also the fact my friends don't use voobly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:54 pm

tbh i dont like any of the interfaces except eso.
Naturally everyone is going to be biased towards the server they play on Smile. but it's np i got used to all 3 of them and it really isn't that big of a deal. ya its nice to have an interface u like, the most important factor for me is simply activity and population and competition.... so its not THAT big of a deal, ya know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:05 pm

sorry i didn't see the last 2 posts on the first page and i'd like to comment on them:


700 eso population was decent. thats about when i started playying again a few years ago. But bcak in the day with 2k+ people on all the time.... you could find any type of game you wanted.... and there were multiple ones hosted ALL the time haha. it was fantastic Smile. competition, friends, activity.... just everything Smile. Back then i was afraid of rated, so i virtually didn't play it lol. (i probably played less than 10 games). So i pretty much just played unrated and it was fantastic ! i loved it! so even though nowadays im a different player, high activity is a good thing for everyone. not just rated, not just unrated, not just dm, even the scenario players. Its a good thing for everyone.

so if you dont play rated, why should you switch?
Well theoretically we're talking about uniting all 3 servers. So we're not trying to get a handful of people to switch over hahaha, it's that we're trying to centralize activity for the benefit of every single aom/aot player out there. it doesn't matter what type of game you like to play, with no division of population its just better for the game.
So there would be no issue of 'well gr has more players', because everyone would be all playing on 1 server.




last thing @ naka: ya most players aren't higher than 1700, but there are some that are. On AoM there are Smile. There's actually a few players that beat me a few times! There's lots of potential skill as well as a desire for improved skill..... the only thing that's lacking is the high level example and a little more activity. Noobs playing vs noobs will virtually never improve, but when there are better players all playing (hence why we would all move to 1 server) then the general skill level will improve naturally.
besides, ive trained so many people. some of them its just a few tips here and there, others its watching some recs and giving advice, others i've literally had as an apprentice and trained them for a long time. On eso ive trained people to be 175+, one of my students beat me one time too!!! I was soooo proud Very Happy:D:D:D:D.



so honestly.... all people like me are looking for is a teeny tiny bit of cooperation....is that really so hard to ask for? Especially when we're doing it for a better experience for the individual player. EVERY individual player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:27 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
tbh i dont like any of the interfaces except eso.
Naturally everyone is going to be biased towards the server they play on Smile. but it's np i got used to all 3 of them and it really isn't that big of a deal. ya its nice to have an interface u like, the most important factor for me is simply activity and population and competition.... so its not THAT big of a deal, ya know.

it is for me Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:00 pm

change is different and can be uncomfortable.....

bigger picture here, tho.... bigger picture Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Today at 5:25 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rocks fall, everyone dies
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» The "Who would win?" game
» problem with the game : no control over the moves of the pc
» Worst Video Game You've Ever Played

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AOM on Gameranger :: Age of Mythology :: General, Strategy discussions-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum