AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side

Go down 
+10
[bMF]::Odysseus
SlimShady
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^
RageNrOx
Andrw_13
Evil_Vegito
death
AoL_Iron_maiden
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
berry thief

ID ID : 1307

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:40 pm

I am using other ways, I need ot get people playing.

I shouldn't have to advertise this damn game, I can tell you haven't even played it want to know how?

Because your ass would be advertising for me if you did. it is that simple, when you created possibly the best game in the series and people say stupid shit like this, you can tell they don't know what they are talking about.

You're the one making the shitty little fan patch right?

I made something better than possibly every single age of empires ever made, so have fun making your patch, that is something that should be able to be done in a day with the update notes written.

Don't confuse arrogance with honesty, honesty is something that can be harsh, sometimes the truth hurts, truth is honesty. I think honesty is best delivered in this manner when people aren't fucking listening.

Gameranger is the target location for the trial to be played, so it should make sense why I am targeting this community, the most in a way. DUH winning. I make aoeo look like it was built by droopy eyed armless childrens.
Back to top Go down
{PK}Clown

ID ID : 1926539

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Quote :
I shouldn't have to advertise this damn game

You should work for the Canadian government with a line like that.

At any rate, why are you advertising your game in a topic discussing the state of affairs for an existing community? Isn't it off-topic?

Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:56 pm

{PK}Clown wrote:
Quote :
I shouldn't have to advertise this damn game

You should work for the Canadian government with a line like that.

At any rate, why are you advertising your game in a topic discussing the state of affairs for an existing community? Isn't it off-topic?

Do you have any idea how viral videos go viral?

The person doesn't have to advertise the video, other people do it for him because THEY LIKED THE VIDEO AND WANT TO SHARE IT.

The difference here is I got to get people to download it and TRY it before they go off and say stupid things about it first, then they will start spreading it.

It isn't a stream where it is seen then shared.

I shouldn't have to advertise this game, seeing how it makes the rest of the ones in the aoe series inferior.

Don't believe me? Try it before you resist. If you played the full version you would realize this is ten years ahead of aoeo.

I balanced 12 civilizations, fairly well, quite possibly on aoeos level or better (aoeos counter units failed miserably) when it was released, without a single multiplayer game vs another player being played, without a single single player game vs ai being played, that's how keen my sense of balance is.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

ID ID : 1203937

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:37 am

lol @ your ego paragraph.

anyways, i hate to say it but you lost credence with me when you started talking about AoEO.

I think you will be able to have more potential success if you make some vids of real game play. your analogy of a video going viral isn't accurate for a game (or in this case an expansion of a game).
You need to think more along the lines of a movie. A commercial, or preview of a movie these days completely sets it up for success or failure, regardless of the actual quality of the movie. An easy example is clash of the titans. The actual movie was a GIGANTIC disappointment. Why? because the previews looked utterly amazing, phenomenal, epic, badass etc etc. I don't have any stats for opening week/month revenue, and i cba to find any, but of course it earned a shitton of money lol.

anyways, get some vids of real gameplay for your expansion, and use those as commercials.
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:53 am

Yea I'm going to be using rec games for that, I didn't paly a single multi/single player vs ai/person during the entire making of the game, and it's still balanced pretty damn good taking that into consideration but here's the thing.

The video is not what should go viral.

It's the trial version download, if you reread what I said, you will clearly see that is what I am talking about.

It's not ego when it's pretty much the truth. Or was the go you are talking about is when I said I'll fill in the map while he has a small town? There is a lot of truth to that too, because he won't know what he's doing really in this game, even though I haven't really played in the past few months, and my build orders are off, I can still show him how its done.

Are you a fan of aoeo is that why I lost your attention? I don't really care for that game for so many reasons.

When 3 early game military units were ending games there's a problem, actually, that's more than a problem. That's not even fun to be the aggressor or defender in those situations.

In aoeror it was common for people to say no tool rush, and tool was age 2 not age 1 rushing.

Put into perspective take the persia age 1 rush and compare it to rushing in thrones with clubman, the town centers will completely laugh at your clubman shooting them down no problem.

The civilization abilities or god powers in this game have more of an impact, but in a way not as much of an impact, if that makes any sense.

Last edited by berry thief on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 am

If your mod was that good, people would be playing it.
Sorry.
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:08 am

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:
If your mod was that good, people would be playing it.
Sorry.

It hasn't gotten around yet.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:14 am

Well.
If an aom/aot player watches one of your vids, their steps are the following :
•Notice that you mixed existing things together (all sorts of units in the game compiled in others)
•Notice that there are some new, good looking stuff as well
•Notice that units/buildings have ridiculous stats, and cavalry can cross the map within seconds
Shocked
•GP-s that destroy entire bases and are controllable
Shocked Shocked Shocked
•Watch battle comparisons
•Close window and never check again

This is what all my friends on here did.
As for your 1750 status, do you think it really impresses me? I'm probably a top 20 all time DM player. 1750 is nothing.

And yes, your game is a mod until you use any part of AoM, because it's copyrighted.

As for the FP project, balance is something that has to be tested thoroughly. If you think your mod here is balanced, then you probably would be about to drop your jaw, if anyone actually played it.

Yes, I'm sure you are better at modding aot than myself. No doubt. I have learned it exclusively for the FP, no other motives here.
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:19 am

Everything the above poster said he now knows is inaccurate.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:26 am

LoL at the ego, 1750 vs 2k should be fun.
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:27 am

LoL at the ego, 1750 vs 2k should be fun.

I was fully willing to fight him in thrones he declined.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 am

Old vs new, DM players love that topic. Be on in like 2 hours. BO 5?
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:40 am

Old vs new, DM players love that topic. Be on in like 2 hours. BO 5?

Sure get thrones and I will hand your ass to you.

I don't play aom anymore. I haven't played aom in years.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 2yy2hsi
Balance by testing vs cpu! OP.
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:36 pm

He's scared to play me, he made an excuse.

It's setup like ror a lot of the civs reuse the same units -- therefore auto balanced.

Plus I had editor to help test and balance units, he is obviously scared, I will prove him noob in rts games.

Balanced by ai you say, you clearly cannot read english properly either the ai doesn't work, therefore, cant play against ai either.

He knows he will get owned and ran away and blocked me.

I dunno how many times I got to tell this kid who seems to lacks a brain that my sense of balance is keen, very keen.

He is clearly prepubescent, talking out his ass like a know it all.

Change your age to what it really is you are not 19 you are 9, and you act like a 9 year old.

Last edited by berry thief on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Round 2.
Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 168bifc

Who on aom/aot would care about that mod? lol seriously. In a topic that is supposed to help unite the communites, a guy comes in, who wants to steal everyone. Epic. And with a quite decent way of expressing himself!
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Above you see me using his ego of thinking he's a good player to get him to fight me, it works on these kinds of players.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 am

commenting on berry thief's post after my last one:

the download goes viral because of the advertising, bud.
i completely understood what you were talking about. The reason why your trial dl isn't going well is because there's been no awesome advertising other than a few topics of yours with blocks of text

-LOL, 1750 when aom came out.... with the huge player pool back then..... and 2k/2.1k being the top.....1750 isn't impressive. i hate to rain on your nice little ego parade, mr berry thief.

-i saw in one of naka's chat windows he posted that berry thief said "i something something played 0 games vs player/ai while making this game". He made a whole game without testing.....
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:46 am

AoL Iron maiden was wrong on everything he said towards this game and was proven wrong, every single time and never gives up with his false assumptions and faulty logic. These are edited posts.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:01 am

berry, many people here play AOM for the first day, me for example.

Just live at the right time, we are in 2012 now and, please, stop posting off topic comments.

If you have something to tell about your great experience, there is a "members presentation" category.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:20 am

@berry thief: http://www4.rts-sanctuary.com/Age-Of-Mythology/fview=3&showtopic=5338&#entry39457
shut up lol

this game is about when aom was a year~ old (cant remember exact release date), but still... 19+ player.

an even earlier rec (feb 03) of 2k player
http://www4.rts-sanctuary.com/Age-Of-Mythology/fview=3&showtopic=85248&#entry902635

i think you're just some nub thats frustrated his nub creation is not some huge fad that he intended.... and you're too ignorant/stubborn and somehow egocentric (lol) to realize how to go about things different to try and make ur baby popular
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:20 pm

AoL Iron maiden was wrong on everything he said towards this game and was proven wrong, every single time and never gives up with his false assumptions and faulty logic. These are edited posts.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 pm

You're kind of a pretentious dumbass, aren't ya lol.

first of all: 2k player in feb of 03. thats like 6~ months after the game was released.
it was released just shy of 10 years ago. stop trying to debate the fact that either your memory sux or you didn't even play back then and are tryin to pull false facts our of your ass lol.

here's my why:
i have no aspiration whatsoever to try your stupid game or expansion of whatever you call it, because as of now it seems to be a complete waste of time.
You are an amateur "developer" (emphasis on amateur).

i dont know why you keep talking about eating meteors.... The god powers exist to add an extra strategic element to the game -> a power that can sway the game or completely win it for you. It sounds as if you're making the god powers into some sort of novelty, rather than an actual important aspect of the game.

I don't know why you're boasting about your (lack of) skill... you are not a talented player, yet you are hinging a portion of your credence as a developer on that fact.... thus increasing my disinterest with you and this "creation" of yours (other than flaming you, which is almost always interesting haha)

Now, if you want your hard (<-- very arguable) work to procure better results from the public, i suggest altering your course of action. Your advertising notion is skewed and not working... which is quite evident.... and you're ruining your facade of a reputation more and more with each new post you make....

i will not be playing your game, but as a fellow person who enjoys aom, i'm just pointing out some tips for you.
Back to top Go down
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Quote :
i dont know why you keep talking about eating meteors.... The god powers exist to add an extra strategic element to the game -> a power that can sway the game or completely win it for you. It sounds as if you're making the god powers into some sort of novelty, rather than an actual important aspect of the game.

You don't know why I said something about meteors because you haven't read the thread, or you cannot read well, what nakumura said.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:32 am

Holy fucking shit you are dense LOOOL!!!! Plz explain the recorded games i linked. Played February 21st, 2003. fire vs mozory, rates 2019 and 1992. The game was released on October 30th, 2002, which puts this game being played under 4 months after it's release.
There is literal proof of the rates at that time.... so fucking drop it.

You are no legend, other than a legendary noob. I have no interest in anything other than age of rts games, so play me in aom/aot/aoc or whatever. no training, just play. lets see how legendary you are oh whoops i mean how big of a nubcake you are.

Im not going to flatter your horrific taste in music with a comment.

Bottom line is that you are bad at flaming, you are bad at game designing, you're bad at game playing and you are bad at advertising.
Thus, your asinine attempt to create something big is completely ridiculous and pathetic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next