Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister

Share | 

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
berry thief

ID ID : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:11 am

AoL Iron maiden was wrong on everything he said towards this game and was proven wrong, every single time and never gives up with his false assumptions and faulty logic. These are edited posts.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

ID ID : 1203937

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:37 am

nice flame LOL. You sound like a pathetic aot player from agesanctuary lol.

Dude you truly are pulling shit out of your ass. You have no idea who i am, how long i've played, who i've lpayed, when i've played or anything else. You are simply conjuring idiotic assumptions.
I, on the other hand, are taking factual items and shoving them down your nubcake throat lol. reclinks.... rl examples such as specific movies, etc....

Face the facts and face the reality that your game of thrones or game of king thrones or whatever it's called hasn't amounted to shit because thats exactly what it is... shit

dont shy away from my challenge, nubcake ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:39 am

AoL Iron maiden was wrong on everything he said towards this game and was proven wrong, every single time and never gives up with his false assumptions and faulty logic. These are edited posts.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:02 am

you literally just proved my last post to a T lol.

i don't need to comment further. (altho i probably will end up doing so... can't resist an easy flame lol)

i just have to say this hahahaha..... fair grounds -_-. you're the "creator" of this little expansion game thingy lol. why would me coming to your home field be fair grounds? Lets play one of the other age of games (i only play aom).

what are ya...... chicken?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:26 am

AoL Iron maiden was wrong on everything he said towards this game and was proven wrong, every single time and never gives up with his false assumptions and faulty logic. These are edited posts. He's in for a huge reality check here soon.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:49 am

1750 8-10 years ago isn't playing aom competitively lol. Thats the equivalent of like.... 1650 rr these days LOL

you're a pretty big noob, dude. i dunno where you get your ego haha. you have a big ego and an even bigger mouth for being a below-average player lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 am

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
1750 8-10 years ago isn't playing aom competitively lol. Thats the equivalent of like.... 1650 rr these days LOL

Very flawed and misleading information considering more people in the playerbase = more players that are more skilled than you = more chances of losing and not going higher.

AoL Iron maiden was wrong on everything he said towards this game and was proven wrong, every single time and never gives up with his false assumptions and faulty logic. These are edited posts. He's in for a huge reality check here soon.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:55 am

so i tried reading your last little essay lol. i read most of the last ones cause they're so ridiculously hilarious hahaha.

it's starting to get boring so make your blabber more concise lol.

did you accept the challenge? or are you still trying to flame at me haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:01 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:

did you accept the challenge? or are you still trying to flame at me haha

What challenge? To play a game I haven't played in 8 years and have no build order of right now, plus I can't even remember the full units that each civilization has other than egypt either?

Makes more sense to take a fair approach on a game neither of us have played competitively than playing a game only one of us claims to play competitively.

Like I said, If I were actively playing starcraft competitively (I used AoERoR) but lets use sc1 for example, if I were playing that competitively would it make sense for you someone who may not have played that game in 8 years and cannot even remember the units and shit to even play it especially when you now think the game sucks?

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:45 pm

you're an idiot lol. i said ill play u in like aoc or aok or whatever. i already know i'd fuckin trash you like a rag doll on aom lol, so there's no use in that.

btw, bo's are simple to learn lol. just write it down and follow it and you're good to go. if you need a build for your eco after the first age (archaic/dark/ etc) then i wont even bother wasting my time challenging u either lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:45 pm

or, how about i give you as long as you wish to train aom hahaha. learn your gay bo's and unit counters. then we can play if u want.

According to your prior posts, it should take you 2 weeks max, right? kk c u on voobly in 2 weeks Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Que the theme from rocky for this hardass ten and fifteen year old dead game player whose one of the best rts players alive!
Congratulations there's what fifteen players left? I'd hope you're in the top ten!

P.S - AoK Was the worst in the series laughable game -- many ror players agree. Partially because it was the first one to switch it up and introduce these gargantuan buildings where you can only see barely any walking space/buildings. Plus the time the game is based on (AoE3 included) is not what a lot of us are looking for in these games.

When microsoft opens their eyes and may want to collaborate on this to back what could possibly crush most other rts's when we are done with it and break many firsts in the age of industry, we will have a huge hit in this series, just watch if they do get behind it, we will change the way people view/make rts or at the very least peoples expectations for what to expect in the future age of games. It's very hard to guage just what I mean in full depth by this without playing the full version, and knowing all the details, and things it forces (more apm, more control, etc).

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:50 pm

hahahahahahahahahaha, this is the most fun i've had since flaming with King a year ago on aots LOL.

all i have to say is that you are making a fuck-ton of excuses of why you won't play me on aom.
guess what that tells me? you're fucking scared. and the only reason why you'd be fuckin scared is cuz you're a big fuckin joke lol. You're simply full of shit, everything that comes out of your mouth.... or rather comes out of your fingers?.... is utter trash lol.

you keep saying how bad of a player i am, how superior of a player you are, how easier aom, how much harder some random games you've played have allegedly [not] been hahaha..... and despite all that, despite me giving you your superior mind 2 weeks to brush up on aom ....... you still wont play me hahaha.

what are ya.... chicken?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:03 pm

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^

ID ID : 376736

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:20 pm

berry thief wrote:
I am using other ways, I need ot get people playing.

I shouldn't have to advertise this damn game, I can tell you haven't even played it want to know how?

Because your ass would be advertising for me if you did. it is that simple, when you created possibly the best game in the series and people say stupid shit like this, you can tell they don't know what they are talking about.

You're the one making the shitty little fan patch right?

I made something better than possibly every single age of empires ever made, so have fun making your patch, that is something that should be able to be done in a day with the update notes written.

Don't confuse arrogance with honesty, honesty is something that can be harsh, sometimes the truth hurts, truth is honesty. I think honesty is best delivered in this manner when people aren't fucking listening.

Gameranger is the target location for the trial to be played, so it should make sense why I am targeting this community, the most in a way. DUH winning. I make aoeo look like it was built by droopy eyed armless childrens.

Do you really think this is the right way to promote your game ? By bashing the existing ones and pissing people off as a result .

I for one would actually like to give it a try though , i'l try anything once . Is there a group of players who are currently playing this ? If so , do tell me where and whether there is a dedicated forum . Sorry to say , but all your flame wars are doing is pushing people away from playing your game .

There is No One who cannot be defeated and Nothing that cannot be done .

Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:48 pm

[Bo0T]Lucifer***^ wrote:
berry thief wrote:
I am using other ways, I need ot get people playing.

I shouldn't have to advertise this damn game, I can tell you haven't even played it want to know how?

Because your ass would be advertising for me if you did. it is that simple, when you created possibly the best game in the series and people say stupid shit like this, you can tell they don't know what they are talking about.

You're the one making the shitty little fan patch right?

I made something better than possibly every single age of empires ever made, so have fun making your patch, that is something that should be able to be done in a day with the update notes written.

Don't confuse arrogance with honesty, honesty is something that can be harsh, sometimes the truth hurts, truth is honesty. I think honesty is best delivered in this manner when people aren't fucking listening.

Gameranger is the target location for the trial to be played, so it should make sense why I am targeting this community, the most in a way. DUH winning. I make aoeo look like it was built by droopy eyed armless childrens.

but all your flame wars are doing is pushing people away from playing your game .

That is the intended purpose of these trolls. It becomes even more obvious when they say things that are untrue about the game.

The question you need to ask is what do they have to gain from doing this?

Are they somewhat related to microsoft, even though microsoft has more to gain from embracing my ideas? I doubt it.

So what's to gain?

There's a few people that have it but as of right now if you get it you can do some playtestes in single player mode or encourage someone you know to try it with you, and the last option is to find me on gameranger, the trial forums are located on thronesoftime.com

I genuinely feel it is better than aoeo, my opinion doesn't necessarily = bashing.

However when someone tries to say things bad about it without even playing it in the first place, I tend to have to bash it/point out its flaws to show why I think mine is/can be better after finished/started. That is just the way my mind works, and I think this is the basics of moving forward/problem solving. You point out the parts of the others arguments that are wrong to justify your theories that are directly related to what you pointed out to be wrong, the differences.

The best example for this would be religion vs atheist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Clown

ID ID : 1926539

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Notwithstanding that atheism is a religious creed in its own right (i.e., a creed of rejecting everyone else's 'creed'), I agree with the idea of exposing the flaws in another's logic and some of these basic aspects of logical thought in the context of resolving a disagreement between two positions. This is how real debates are done.

It is in this context that I want to make the following points from my perspective.

1. I think the Thrones of Time thing is off-topic to a discussion about Voobly vs. GR for the existing AoT-playing community.

2. I agree with berry that it's not good for AoT players to dismiss his efforts out of hand without giving his game a fair chance. The trash-talk war going on is not helping anyone.

3. If berry is correct to advertise his expansion as requiring more skill because more stuff is going, then that should be appealing to the 1800s of AoC and AoT who think their ability to micro is so good.

4. If berry is correct to advertise his expansion as being as epic as it has been described as being, Microsoft would indeed be missing out on an opportunity to really reward the loyalty of a community that continues to care about super-old games by not backing his work. (But MS hasn't gone on board with this Ensemble Studio guy who once posted on AOKH his desire to create a new AoC patch so...)

5. I think this expansion pack is intriguing and much more compelling than the fan patch.

6. I, for one, would like to playtest this stuff sometime if it's polished and playable.

Sincerely,
Clown

Last edited by {PK}Clown on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:04 pm

lol you're so fucking retarded. i never said anything bad about your game, i said the way you are advertising it is not effective. I hypothesized that it was a crap game you are creating because of your lack of testing/ evident rts knowledge as well as your description and how you analyzed the aspect of the whole meteor example.

so, why don't you not be a pussy, and walk your ginormous talk. boring or not, you're talking big game of when you played aom as well as me as an aom player. so back your shit up, until then just shut the fuck up and stop coming here. this forum is a peaceful forum, this is only the 2nd flame war i've ever witnessed and i've been here like.... 6 months or so?

The way you are promoting your game is immature, ignorant, horrible and downright stupid. I've seen posts all over the several forums and none of them are getting any attention, aside from this one.... and it's simply me flaming u.
If you're too big of a dumbass to acknowledge your failure as a "businessman" and fix it, then that denotes you are unable to do the same in your creation -> u will be unable to properly ave a balanced game
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

{PK}Clown wrote:

6. I, for one, would like to playtest this stuff sometime if it's polished and playable.

Sincerely,
Clown

While it isn't polished it is very playable with the two trial civs, but missing a lot of key features, and has some bugs/crashing probs (only before game start) due to how I quickly made the trial from the full version.

Quote :
.i said the way you are advertising it is not effective. I hypothesized that it was a crap game you are creating because of your lack of testing/ evident rts knowledge as well as your description and how you analyzed the aspect of the whole meteor example.

First off let me tell you something, if I wanted to advertise I have a guy on facebook, who has 136k people who will post my game on his facebook wall for me to advertise, along with possibly linking me to other pages to talk to with the same amount of people or around that amount.

Second I am looking for feedback not advertising, and what you are doing is of no help, and is destructive, which is why you deserved everything I said even though I regret saying a lot of it.

Third you talk about being a businessman, I have ran a few small businesses online. I am also currently self employed we could say.

Fourth, He (Boot Nak) said the meteor was too op because it could destroy full towns in one go, while there is some truth to this, you should have more than ten times the buildings than in aom, and can reach settlement counts in the hundreds if you wanted to in a single game, therefore I was telling him, at this rate, the meteors aren't looking so op now are they?

I have been being a realist while making this game, now take another look at those meteors, it is not quite like aom's meteors when these things hit, everything they hit falls when they hit, as if a meteor was to strike earth today, that is what would happen.

1:37

Stop looking at the game as if everything is the same as aom, this is false perspective you are looking from.

Merc cavalry (which is in carthage but is going to be redone later) is used as numidian cavalry, see you would think why is his mercs coming from barracks? When it is numidians coming from military compounds.

As far as balanced goes, it is an epic fail on your end to even comment on balance when you haven't even tried it. I've balanced this fairly well for having no playtest team (and I know there are some imbalances, most of them deal with heros/myths) and maybe elephants and scythe chariots, those are the biggest concerns right now, although I think eles are fine I think it was roughly 5-7 spears take down one ele or elite ele, which is almost nothing in this game late game, it is the armored eles spearman will have trouble with which is for two reasons, armored eles have more pierce armor (spears are pierce) and spearman have low pierce armor high hack armor. This is where using the transform to armored ele can be used as a tactic. By the time eles come out you should have better counter cavalry by then too which would be better vs the opposite type of elephants. With that said, something like the falcatasman won't be effected too much to the switch, although there is a few factors in this I don't remember falcatasman and macemans armor bonuses, but each one is different and better vs a different type of ele, etc. They also have different special attacks, macemans have a really nice sp attack.

Last edited by berry thief on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:01 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 pm

dude, as i said, i was inferring. given all of your past comments and your lack of factual basis and evidence, it was an educated assumption.

i'm not the only one saying that how you're going about this is wrong.... if you are too ignorant to see this, thats not my problem lol. you're simply a dipshit xD

so you gonna play me or you gonna pussy out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:12 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:

so you gonna play me or you gonna pussy out?

Pussy out on what? I NEVER agreed to play an aom game, a game that I haven't really had any desire to play in a very long time, other than when I made a map and armored elephant mod and put up for downloads on aom heaven just to play my creations. That map is in the game (thrones) now, but has been edited into a way more normal (normal animals but dangerous ones on center) and balanced map and is about 4x larger.

Just two things I have put up on aom heaven alone have 5k downloads.

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?search=sublimistri

{PK}Clown wrote:

5. I think this expansion pack is intriguing and much more compelling than the fan patch.

1 more thing thanks for the post and microsoft would have the ability to turn this into a stand alone game I'm pretty sure if that's what was decided, because if they get behind it I expect possibly a lot of changes more than what I am capable of doing alone. With new models and possibly somewhat smaller buildings, we can reduce map sizes and lagg. Right now I imagine dm to lagg anything under dual core + high internet speeds.

This is an example of how units are tested, in multiple scenerios (amounts of each units some testes as singles), rebalanced, retested, repeat :

Elephants have had a ton of work done since that video. They also only break infantries positioning (sp attack vs infantry only).

The elite daggers died and won vs the same amount of eles depending on how well I played them. The elite daggers are possibly the main ones in the game that must be used right or it really effects how effective they are by a drastic measure. Spike and run spike and run or spike and spike. Their overall design is that of a guildwars assassin, running a spike build, using shadowsteps which also have a different graphic than in this vid where it looks like a tornado, it now looks more like a shadowstep. I can do this due to the mythology side of the game.

Odd build, best vid I could find on quick search.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:48 am

dude you may not have agreed xD, but you're using every possible excuse to shy away from it lol..... it's alright if you're scared and aren't willing to put your money where your mouth is.... (i dont expect to actually put money on this lol, just using the expression ^^)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:46 am

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
dude you may not have agreed xD, but you're using every possible excuse to shy away from it lol..

I said get thrones and I will play you that is shying away from nothing, now reread clowns post.

I played aoeo for about a week-two weeks and would hop into mistaas games to fight him to get a feel for what the number one player was doing to gauge my current skill level that I have aquired for playing for so little time.

When people resign on my team I normally finish the game whether it is 2v1 or 3v1, even if the game just started (see my upload).

I have fought quite a few 2v1's willingly going into games beforehand, in ror I even done 3v1's willingly.

Now if you still think I am scared to play a game you are just ignorant after this post, I just have no desire to play a game that I find slow, requires less skill than thrones, takes about 10 more minutes before action happens, when that action does FINALLY happen, even ten minutes after when it would be happening in thrones, you will be using 30x less units. I don't want to micro say : 10 axeman, 8 slingers in a horridly slow gameplay. <-- lol?

This is why I will not play you in age of mythology, it's not that I don't want to fight you, it's that I don't want to play age of mythology, and haven't wanted to, for a long time, other than to play things I have made in 2010 TO ATTEMPT TO MAKE THE GAME FROM GOING STALE, however the game still went stale (aside from already being terribly slow) with my downloads (making 39 more maps eso friendly), and now is completely obsolete with thrones.[b][u]

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/lister.php?search=sublimistri

There's a heavy guildwars influence in this game farao

Psychic, Necromancer, Assassin, Read the Wind, Powerblock, Cultist Fervor and more.

GILDWORS! BEST GAME OF ALL TIME, OF ALL TIME!!

cheers cheers cheers

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm

so i just didn't read all that, except the first line LOL.

your game is not a game. It's still in beta, or whatever you said. Why would i i play vs you in half of a game? xD
you're still fixing tons of bugs and crap..... you've barely tested it yourself and your quest right now is to get public testing done.... It's a waste of time to play your game for our purpose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:54 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
It's a waste of time to play your game for our purpose.

This couldn't be more wrong and ignorant of a statement for a variety of reasons. I don't even need to justify why.

Can you please shut the fuck up? Nothing you say about it is really correct, your judgement is heavily flawed, do you like being wrong or are you really this stupid to talk on issues you know nothing about?

Alot of the errors I had to fix I created during the destruction of the full version into the trial version doing it as fast as I could.

Two civs in this game while having some things that need fixing AND MISSING TECHS > 12 civs in aom, no doubt.

KTHX bye, get some perspective.

One person on this forums judgement was a really good analysis of what is going on, and I would say he is most likely a better player than you.

Quote :
you've barely tested it yourself

OKAY, I'm sure you were here watching over my back during all my testes right? You are clearly are speaking from fact and not just trying to be negative. Amirite or amirite?

Age 1 heros are clearly too strong in the current version vs myths, especially with hydras not being how they are in the update notes. Among me wanting to rebalance myths/heros before release which would take about 45 minutes because it's only a small rebalance. Age 1 heros however, are about right for the titan, but the titan is not right vs them, but still, myths/heros are getting a rebalance. All of this very minor and easy and I already have plans on what to do, just got to do it.

I've got to clone & remove one tag to fix citadels, can you guess what the current problem with citadels are? Probably not.

Until you answer that question, I don't want to hear anymore from you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Today at 11:50 am

Back to top Go down

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next