Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister

Share | 

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:58 pm

If getting people to play in your game is the thing you are doing, then you are doing it wrong. Spamming in other topics

You must be some stupid to insult AOM in an AOM forum which is full of AOM lovers.

You mean AOM is slow for the first 10 min?? Then u really must be a noob.

The map is soo big? And units move fast? How the f*** can the archers shoot? If archers shot is accurate every time then it won't be that good. Going to download ur trail just to see what u did for that.

Microing is where the fun lies, u made a game where we can't micro, u take out all the fun.

God powers are given just to change the course of the game, to make a person who is losing some chance. GPs r ineffective in a big map, its not a good thing.

You say u r an rts player and flamed maiden for not playing YOUR game. You chickened out when he challenged you in any rts game other than YOUR game.

You didn't play the once and you expect us to play? wtf????????????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

ID ID : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Evil_Vegito wrote:

The map is soo big? And units move fast? How the f*** can the archers shoot? If archers shot is accurate every time then it won't be that good. Going to download ur trail just to see what u did for that.

Microing is where the fun lies, u made a game where we can't micro, u take out all the fun.

1.) AoM IS slow for a variety of reasons, many people playing modern rts games will tell you this.

2.) How can archers shoot, it is ran like ror, while in this trial they do hit most things except cavalry most of the time there is an upgrade just like in ror that improves them to hit all the time (yes this is better than dodging 100% of them). This upgrade is removed from trial.

3.) This game requires so much more micro than aom, you should go ahead and remove that statement period.

On the topic of missing, we are controlling hundreds of units

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

ID ID : 1203937

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:58 pm

lol dude, the other guys replying in this thread are saying the same things i am xD. and yet somehow... my perspective is flawed..... hahahahaha

okay everyone, apparently this guy is just a big fat troll xD.
a person cannot be that dense lol. he's either delusional or he's a big troll haha.

come play aom, nubcake. ill give you however much time you do (or don't) need to "spank me"
haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:05 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
my perspective is flawed.

First thing you said that makes any sense in your entire existence on planet number 3.

On a sidenote : That guy didn't play the game before making a post yet either it's very easy to tell just by how he talks about run speed being an issue, he will take that back when he gets done and figured out how retarded that really sounds once the game is played. AoM is quite possibly the slowest of all aoe games as far as run speed goes, just a small FYI.

Seen one for aok where 25 tribuchets fired at one fishing ship for 5 minutes and could not kill it. The same could be done with archers.

RoR had an upgrade for archers, to stop this.

Saying this has no micro is like saying RoRs military sizes (except larger) with similar multipliers to AoM has no micros.

Just making no sense whatsoever.

Archers hit things around under 14 run speed very well. The two fastest units in the game (Elite CA's and Elite Camels) they desperately needed the upgrade for.

To me I think that was just a multiple account to troll on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:52 pm

nice quote lol... xD

anyways you can leave this forum now. you killed your chance at achieving anything here a few days ago haha

unless you decide to man up and play me. then i will gladly post the games here and flame you more Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:02 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
nice quote lol... xD

anyways you can leave this forum now. you killed your chance at achieving anything here a few days ago haha

unless you decide to man up and play me. then i will gladly post the games here and flame you more Smile

I'm awaiting that guys response to once he actually plays the game, also, I'd like to hear what the mistaa has to say if he tries it.

I will take his opinion over yours anyday.

Congratulations it took you ten years to become a top player the fifteen player playerbase knows your name now! OH LORD. Someone get this guy an award while I que the theme for rocky.

Put it this way if you were a half decent player on release, what's stopping you from being good at thrones on trial release? Nothing, you just fail to adapt = bad player in any rts release.

Last edited by berry thief on Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:36 pm

aom is my first rts Smile i started it a few years ago (not 10 years u jackass lol). the only other rts i've played cometitively is like 20~ games of aoc a few months ago ^^.

sounds like you've played video games for decades, and evidently you're a ginormous noob still lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Look,
Champ mode (Rated) came out around November 17th-18th. I bought the game one day before champ mode release, everyone was waiting for champ mode noone was playing, I got to play maybe two matches where I was heavily outarmored (you can build larger militarys and outmicro and still lose) until I said fuck it I'll wait for champ mode.

So therefore, my first games in aoeo online was in rated mode, while I was learning.

Persians were running rampant (very op vs eggy at the time).

Which means I played for roughly 5-7 days before trying to play the mistaa (#1) when I seen a post on him streaming and synced into his games.

Considering everyone else was adapted fully to the game had a good 3-4 months on me, I was playing for days, was top 5 on the 2v2 ladder, there's a reason I called them giving away wins, that's exactly how it feels for new players in that game.

Now, I don't think AoeO even lasted two weeks with me, I had no problem outmicroing and kicking greeks ass with egypt, but every single persian player pretty much stomped my ass if I didn't camel raid his villagers in age 2. Which if you were preventing rushes, it was normally a bad idea to go with camels, and try to use your way underpowered at the time barrack counter units instead. The pressure was normally enough if the rusher was a good player, to keep you from being able to raid effectively before he aged 3 and completely kicked your ass, eggy was on a struggle.

All I remember was
P>E
E>or=G

I didn't play aoeo for 2 weeks even the imbalances were way too noticeable and unbearable, I was like fuck this, I can make a more balanced game than this, and do it with twelve civs instead of three.

For only playing about 5 days before fighting the mistaa, I don't think I was adapted all that bad.

Now during my 2v2's I was matched with some of the 1v1 top tens/twenties, on my side of the map, on the opposing team.

I went 3-1, was top 5, played the game maybe a week and a half tops before I decided it was too imbalanced to play.

& Thrones was born, due to a game you'd have high expectations for, and it completely fails miserably in almost all aspects of your expectations, including cartoony graphics (which start to become to look pretty decent after a while).

I have no problem adapting to metas in any game, which is why I was a really good codex (sealed deck that changed) player in guildwars, and was really good at making builds for it, the builds that normally got copied were the ones my team ran (My teammates also helped form the overall team build can't exclude them). My mesmer, BOSS mesmer. More commonly called bot mesmer by my opponents.

The noob here is you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:30 pm

oh my hell i am not gonna read that lol

go away or play me xD

edit: i see you made another aoeo reference...... stop fucking doing that LOL. aoeo is a noob game, theres been like 2 good players who have played it.... and heaven know's why LOL.
everytime u talk about aoeo, you simply further your image as a noob lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:06 am

berry thief wrote:

Considering everyone else was adapted fully to the game had a good 3-4 months on me, I was playing for days, was top 5 on the 2v2 ladder, there's a reason I called them giving away wins, that's exactly how it feels for new players in that game.

For only playing about 5 days before fighting the mistaa, I don't think I was adapted all that bad.

Now during my 2v2's I was matched with some of the 1v1 top tens/twenties, on my side of the map, on the opposing team.

I have no problem adapting to metas in any game, which is why I was a really good codex (sealed deck that changed daily) player in guildwars.

There.

If you were a half decent player on release, what's stopping you from being good at thrones on trial release? Nothing, you just fail to adapt = bad player in any rts release.
Considering this is a very minor small "mod" you shouldn't even have to adjust YOU SHOULD BE UBERL33T!

Here's my true thoughts, you have thrones, know it's better but are trying to block other people from getting it to see the light with your negativity/lies.

Last edited by berry thief on Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:00 am

your true thoughts are why you literally belong under a bridge or in a fucking institution lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
your true thoughts are why you literally belong under a bridge or in a fucking institution lol

Yours are why you should've been born back in the stone age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:14 pm

berry thief wrote:
Evil_Vegito wrote:

1.) AoM IS slow for a variety of reasons, many people playing modern rts games will tell you this.

2.) How can archers shoot, it is ran like ror, while in this trial they do hit most things except cavalry most of the time there is an upgrade just like in ror that improves them to hit all the time (yes this is better than dodging 100% of them). This upgrade is removed from trial.

3.) This game requires so much more micro than aom, you should go ahead and remove that statement period.

On the topic of missing, we are controlling hundreds of units
1. The game is slow for you cause u r fuking noob in it. U never saw how fast the games end in aom... like 10 min.
2. You are literally making it more impossible for a group of cavalry to fight the archers when its 100% accurate and it is not better than dodging.
3. Its stupid that if you think controlling hundreds of units to win is possible. When such a thing happens, what you are doing is just letting them to attack and ordering another group to attack and so on..... which involves no skill.... and no skill means no fun.......

You say there are hundreds of units and hundreds of buildings, it means that the game lasts longer.. It becomes boring if the game lasts more than 40 min........

I just saw the trail version download link 225 mb o.O . I am in university, can't waste that much mb. Ill download it this weekend when i go home. Meanwhile it would be good if you have some gameplays.....

Also, i am not against your game. I just don't like your wrong comments about AOM...........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:44 pm

Quote :
You say there are hundreds of units and hundreds of buildings, it means that the game lasts longer..

Pretty sure a deathmatch can end in 4 minutes just like rise of rome.

Quote :
Also, i am not against your game. I just don't like your wrong comments about AOM...........

Everything you say against my game makes you look like you are living under a rock.

Quote :
I just saw the trail version download link 225 mb o.O

The trial folder still has the .bars they are taking up a lot of space, I'll remove those and a lot of game sounds.

My multipliers = for the most part is stronger than aoms = micro is more important.

You have more units to micro, means using more apm to micro alone.

Evil_Vegito wrote:
I like to herp when I derp..
Evil_Vegito wrote:
2. You are literally making it more impossible for a group of cavalry to fight the archers when its 100% accurate and it is not better than dodging.

It's a given they weren't focus firing, however it was 17 vs ~40, I counted 38 counting quickly there could have been over 40. My mouses double clicking isn't letting me select units properly I just let both sides fight without any focus firing.

Those weren't even greek hippikons, the only civ that currently gets hippikons!!!

Here is hippikons, with Greeks cavalry bonuses.
Evil_Vegito wrote:

In short your entire post is assumptions and completely innacurate, however schools back in lesson #1345 Hippikons vs Bowmen.

20mb file but some map icons may be missing
http://d01.megashares.com/dl/OBR9BVk/Thrones of Time Patched 1.08 Trial Version.rar

ALWAYS REMEMBER NORM = TINY MAP // LARGE = NORMAL MAP IN THRONES OF TIME.

Before I even hear those are op, you need to try the game, because you have clearly been wrong on everything you have said so far. The facts, you have none.

It's nice to think before you speak, right clown? I chose the most comedic music I could find for that Greek hippikon vid.

How my musics sync perfect without me trying?

Evil_Vegito wrote:

Evil_Vegito wrote:
impossible for a group of cavalry to fight the archers when its 100% accurate and it is not better than dodging.
Evil_Vegito wrote:
impossible for a group of cavalry to fight the archers when its 100% accurate
Evil_Vegito wrote:
impossible for a group of cavalry to fight the archers

LOL

LOL

LOL

LOL

I have lived through and seen these legends with my own two eyes.

There is no "Chances" except with really fast units, know what that does? Proper balance. They still miss sometimes though, even horse archers vs villagers UNTIL upgraded with the upgrade.

hit me with another round of assumptions, i'll prefind some more hilarious music for the next vids.

Quote :
You say there are hundreds of units and hundreds of buildings, it means that the game lasts longer.. It becomes boring if the game lasts more than 40 min........

Should I cover this one next? Show an army of siege and units ripping through buildings?

Or should I tell him this isn't aom, and that at 40 mins the amount of units on both sides if even matched will be armies of 200's constantly hitting each other pushing each other to one side or the other? Boring? You need to play the game my friend, you don't know what you are talking about. You get to use stuff like lightning storm once every 14 mins, meteor once every 24 mins, etc, so you get more than one use of each ability... Boring?

This is not aom, I agree with you though, aom is quite boring now.

BAM! You didn't even see that one coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:23 am

*disclaimer*
i still think this guy is wasting his time here and that if his idea was given to a professional devloper, i'd actually think about looking into it. Im going to make a few comments here, tho:

about the slow and archer subjects: it's not that the amount of time played is slow, it's that the units on aom do not die near as fast as they do on other 'age of' games. On aom, you can fight a unit with a few villagers and kill the unit, np. On other age of games, the villagers die in 2 seconds. I'm not sure what the actual coding is, whether it's the armor being less, or whether it's the counter bonus that is increased (im guessing it's mainly the counter increase), but units in other games die very quickly. This changes the game a lot more because raids become more effective, but also it changes micro. AoM is a lot about kiting units. (drawing arrow fire with horses, pulling back boats during water micro). It's just different on other games. A lot of focus firing, unit positioning, etc. I've only played a few games of aoc, but the unit response + attack animation is not the same as aom, so kiting doesn't really work.

@ berry thief: he's not living under a rock, you condescending fucking twit. he simply hasn't experienced these other games. wow you're dunce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:51 am

Quote :
"On other age of games, the villagers die in 2 seconds"

"@ berry thief: he's not living under a rock, you condescending fucking twit. he simply hasn't experienced these other games. wow you're dunce"

You haven't experienced them either, in ror our villagers even in the first age would pull out thier bones and whack things to death, especially clubmans, scouts, etc. In thrones you'd be amazed at what villagers are doing.

Quote :
i still think this guy is wasting his time here and that if his idea was given to a professional devloper, i'd actually think about looking into it.

I don't think anyone wants you to play their game, for a variety of reasons.

Quote :
about the slow and archer subjects: it's not that the amount of time played is slow, it's that the units on aom do not die near as fast as they do on other 'age of' games.

Uhmm.. what? Why don't you play other age of games, in this thread you clearly said the only two games you ever played is aok, and aom. Not only this you said you only played about 20 aok games, so I doubt you barely have any experience in aom much less aok after this post.

AoM units can get three hit (try axeman or slinger vs the units they are fighting). The difference is they take a good three seconds while swinging their axe before they hit, letting even the slowest micro'er think his mirco is good given all that TIME.

Quote :
AoM is a lot about kiting units.

Omg please shut the hell up, in all games you pull back when your military will die to save your military and not waste resources.

You are not only speaking 1 on thrones a game you haven't played but now you are also speaking on the other 3 age of games you haven't played.

BTW Who the fuck are you? <--- A question that every gamer needs to start asking you when they see you.

I've never seen so much bullshit come from one person in my entire life. Not sure if I should break down the rest of your post I'll hit that soon when i get done doing what I am doing.

I feel better now because I know it is fact I wasn't flaming anyone in microsoft, you just blew the chances of that out of the water with this fucking piece of gold post.

I thought, you were trolling, and that you couldn't make yourself look worse. LITTLE DID I KNOW WHEN YOU POST SOMETHING SERIOUS YOU'D LOOK SO MUCH WORSE. GO BACK TO TROLLING JESUS CHRIST.

ROFLMAO

I don't even have to insult you, your serious post just insulted yourself this deserves endless quotes guys, when this man tries to flame any of you. I'll make sure to quote the entire thing for you.

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
*disclaimer*
i still think this guy is wasting his time here and that if his idea was given to a professional devloper, i'd actually think about looking into it. Im going to make a few comments here, tho:

about the slow and archer subjects: it's not that the amount of time played is slow, it's that the units on aom do not die near as fast as they do on other 'age of' games. On aom, you can fight a unit with a few villagers and kill the unit, np. On other age of games, the villagers die in 2 seconds. I'm not sure what the actual coding is, whether it's the armor being less, or whether it's the counter bonus that is increased (im guessing it's mainly the counter increase), but units in other games die very quickly. This changes the game a lot more because raids become more effective, but also it changes micro. AoM is a lot about kiting units. (drawing arrow fire with horses, pulling back boats during water micro). It's just different on other games. A lot of focus firing, unit positioning, etc. I've only played a few games of aoc, but the unit response + attack animation is not the same as aom, so kiting doesn't really work.

@ berry thief: he's not living under a rock, you condescending fucking twit. he simply hasn't experienced these other games. wow you're dunce

There this dude just lost all flaming rights to anyone. Enjoy.

P.S - You can dodge in aok/aoc. Many people make fun of these games for this exact feature.

Quote :

Both of you have proven yourselves wrong time and time again.

Hell you can't even form a decent opinion on a game that is 15 years old.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:22 am

i played aoc, not aok. i've watched some vods of sc2 games as well.

rts nub trying to share his wisdom LOL. you're such a ginormous fucking jackass hahaha.

this is a rare feat, dude: i literally just dont care to reply to all of your bull shit xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:04 am

After reading your comments, i understand you were a noob in AOM and didn't experience anything.....
I thought it was aom related, but has no features related to aom except gps and the interface. Its just like another age of empires mod with a bit balanced features.........
Your laugh on my comment says that u fucking didn't know the archer power in aom..........

How the hell can u say that dm matches last 4 min in your game without even playing it?? Big maps never end up that easy

You are just losing your chance of gaining people who are willing to even try your game. I will fucking not download now.....

Also if you think your game is a great hit, well i don't see any guys hosting a single room in gr with the throne of time..............

It doesn't matter how old the game is, only thing that matters is that i had some fun.

@maiden i was talking about aom, how can u say about me playing other games. I bought aoe ror. Played aoe2, and aoe3 , rise of nations(fucking great as aom),stronghold crusader,and even tried aoeo(didn't like in the first look lol), but didn't find the same kick as i had with AOM. I played warcraft 3, but didn't like it as i was more intrested in spears and bows rather than spells and witches or whatever it was........

and to conclude......Morons think that the world is full of morons except them, no one can help them.....................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:36 am

Evil_Vegito wrote:

How the hell can u say that dm matches last 4 min in your game without even playing it?? Big maps never end up that easy

You are just losing your chance of gaining people who are willing to even try your game. I will fucking not download now.....

1.) Easily I could make a vid to show you. You would also think ror may not be possible to lose in 4 mins in, until you see the rushes happen.
I was talking about the sudden death DM's that are played exactly like RoR (Iron age startoffs) You get like 100 villagers in this type of DM by the time you even hit 5-6 mins or so. So your buildings go up faster, you get resources easier, and can literally fill in maps FAST if you are a good player.

2.) I will write this down in my carebook, no further fucks will be given.

You've made two excuses to not download it, so you can continue spewing shit everywhere when you have no idea what you are talking about, or are using this as an excuse to LIE.

Quote :
Its just like another age of empires mod with a bit balanced features.........

Tell me more about how you downloaded and played this game.

Quote :
Your laugh on my comment says that u fucking didn't know the archer power in aom..........

Archers are heavily used in thrones and are very powerful. You will see bowmen being one of the most used units in age 2.

Quote :
I thought it was aom related, but has almost no features related to aom except gps and the interface.

You made some sense here, if we take this out of context and add almost.

Quote :

Big maps are pretty much normal heres the reason why, when the units run like 4x faster, the 4-8x larger maps is about the same exact thing, just more building space to be able to lay down more buildings (more ror like). Make sense to you? Should I try to be more clear?

Let me put it this way, a villager can walk across a thrones map in around the same time a villager walks accross the aom map, as long as it is the same version of the map 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and the thrones map is large while the aom map is normal.

Quote :

Well you say shit and laugh about thrones and you haven't even played it. Do you see what I did here?

However I played aom for a few years, I know exactly how bad the game really is.

So will you once you have some perspective on what thrones is.

Quote :
rts nub trying to share his wisdom LOL. you're such a ginormous fucking jackass hahaha.

Yea, you have been proven noob here atleast ten times, especially when it was said you have problems adapting to other games, this means you fail at the concept of rts in general.

You don't have to take my word for it, these games right here, can most likely be ended in 4 minutes or so :

Where's my ror old school DM'ers at, you know what's up & it's coming, soon...

I did a great job remaking the exact gameplay yea? Just gotta slow down those tech speeds. Round of applause?

What I just did as far as buildings go on that map, you probably didn't even think was possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:04 am

You've removed the automatic upgrades of DM mode?

berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:44 pm

RageNrOx wrote:
You've removed the automatic upgrades of DM mode?

Two versions of DM

You have AoM DM Mode (deathmatch)
And you have RoR's DM Mode (sudden death) myths disabled -- name changed from OG DM MODE

Just need to slow the techs down and noone has been able to find that code to speed/slower techs.

I'm doing the same thing with supremecy, (conquest) will be RM like in ror, with myths disabled.

What you see in that vid is before the armory got almost full with upgrades theres like 12 more upgrades in there.

Here's the aom dm mode same civ :

These are old vids and a lot has changed technology wise, and some civs unit wise.

The extra buildings per age would have screwed over my dm challenger (naka) looool cheers cheers

It's age 1 : Temple/granary -- Age 2 :- Barracks/Armory -- Age 3 : Gov Center/Market

Ziggurats are age 2 or 3 forgot buildings now. I think 3. That's one thing wrong with this dm mode vid, and why I deleted that building, it wasn't supposed to be there, I made them age 1 at first just for RoR dm mode then just changed some other things and put it back in its age.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:13 pm

@ vegito, sorry dude i didn't know if you'd played the other games or not. technically i've played all the aoe games (except ror), but i had only played aom competitively (i just played campaigns as a kid in the other ones) until i played some aoc, and that's when i noticed how big of a difference there is between micro and gameplay on the prior 'age of ' games, and aom.

so uhm..... i just watched a minute or so of that video above 'aom dm mod'.... is that you playing, berry thief? XD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:

so uhm..... i just watched a minute or so of that video above 'aom dm mod'.... is that you playing, berry thief? XD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea it was the first aom dm type game I've played in probably ~8 years prior to making that video seeing how DM has been dead for a very very long time.

I remember AoERoR's DM quite a bit better since it was more alive, had archer wars, legion wars, cho wars, etc, and it was about 10x better than AoM's dm, and I probably was able to do 1000x more dm games in ror seeing how in AoM you were FORCED to play supremecy.

I actually went back to playing ror from aom about a year after initial release. Then played aom on and off. RoR was the better game.

I didn't start playing supremecy until it became pretty much my only option. I was kinda nooby in ror's supremecy, well intermediate. However deathmatch in aom died not too long after a few years into the game. Deathmatch in RoR would still be very alive had it not dropped from zone and kept it's playerbase in one location, it'd be more alive than aom's dm RIGHT NOW. I'd say it probably still is.

P.S the fuck is so funny? You need to be smacked.... with an iron chair, it might restore some common sense. There was quite a few games of me playing all three types of game modes on the thrones channel.

Since you didn't play ror, here's you a game to examine :
More buildings, More units than aom, Better build order, upgrade buildings and town centers built at start to max villager count early, here's choson the same civ used in my dm mode example

That was a cho/legion war, here's an archer war which was mostly yamato/minoans

The makers of AoM would have made those horse archers 3 pop or so, making you hit 200 population so much faster. Same goes for those legions, they would have made them 2 pop (like axeman, etc) which would have made the game have HALF the amount of units in a cho war. There's also an ror upgrade to make barrack units cost 1/2 of what they already did (1 pop).

To respond to the theory AoM is slow because you are bad at it :

Here's the facts AoM is slow because it is by far the slowest game in the entire age of series, and possibly entire genre of rts.

Last edited by berry thief on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 pm

"blalbablablablabla.... to max vill count early"

that sentence + your only rts experience being dm = you lil rts nubcake Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
berry thief

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:54 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
"blalbablablablabla.... to max vill count early"

that sentence + your only rts experience being dm = you lil rts nubcake Smile

Top 5 aoeo supremecy 2v2 vs top 20 (that were top 20 in 1v1) 5 days of playing.

That's called being able to adapt, something you clearly fail at or would have played me in thrones.

I used to be a really good set/ra/isis player in like 2005 and right before I quit in 2010, and a really good norse dm player when the game was released.

Supremecy was forced on me when I started playing around 2005 because dm was already dead, the people who were behind ror, clearly were not behind some of the other games, and removed a lot of things that made them aoe from the titles.

When you find out how bad of an rts player you really are, by failing on the next release of an rts game, the whole forum will know I am correct. You don't even have to play me get it and play with your friends, all the ones who are better at adapting who are most likely better players in aom than you in the first place, will show you how it is done.

Guildwars players understand the adapting concept much better because there is changing metas, just like there will be in thrones, something the age of creators never implemented, but is very required for keeping a pvp game from going stale.

Tl;DR : This ones built to last.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Today at 3:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next