Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister


Share | 
 

 Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:53 pm

[Bo0T]_Reginleif wrote:
Most of the players who USE this FORUM have played on all 3 servers,(maybe even 4 - Hamachi), including me.
& I've got to say, yes, ESO looks reallly good when compared to GR & Voobly.. But, in the end, it doesn't matter abt the LOOKs, only abt the SKILLS & TYPE of PLAYERs.

I've myself brought some few people to Voobly from GR, & all of them said that Voobly looks boring.. Even I said that myself when I 1st came on Voobly Rolling Eyes
But, what they(me) meant, is that, it takes a while to get used to this new server.
Nobody seriously gives a thought to the Looks of a server, even if it looks really bad, as long as there are good people to play with, & other factors.

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
i am going to blatantly and 100% disagree with you there, reginlief.
YOU DISAGREED with YOURSELF, my friend Razz :-
"There's nothing wrong with playing on voobly for some competition and rate, and playing some chill, casual games with friends on gameranger :p "
EXACTLY, you yourself said it. There is nothing wrong in playing on both VOOBLY as well as GAMERANGER. This is what I am saying, COMBINED COMMUNITIES.

THERE IS NO NEED TO MAKE A SINGLE SERVER (like that will ever happen) & make all play on Voobly, as you very well stated above.

& i am sure, that YOU are doing no part in this so called "uniting the aot communities" IRON_Maiden.. [You haven't logged into GR since Dec. 17th (maybe you are using another account?)]

maybe he mean to disagree with you saying that all players on 1 server will have a lot of arguments issues etc...


AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
tbh, compared to eso, gameranger and voobly both look pretty boring.
and tbh i dont understand why ppl say they dont like the voobly interface compared to the gr one.... it's all colorful and stuff.
when i first signed onto gr i thought that it looked like one of the old Windows 95 game windows..... was pretty sketched at first hahaha.

11111 thats true cant lie, i guess most people like just simple interfaces nothing to colorful like voobly lol and omg i went on voobly yesterday, i seen [TOAO]ChronoJJ 29(hooker scream)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:21 pm

The point of this topic never was to make people migrate fully to voobly, but if you people would play a portion of your games there, you'd increase your skills by a great deal.
Then you bring those skills back to GR and people will learn for you.
A perfect example is our clan. We went to voobly and played deathmatch there.
We kept playing on gr as well, and we discovered that the average gr player got better in dm (wtf factor).
So we just kept recruiting players from gr, because it became obvious that people here have a lot more potential than we initially thought.

Obviously the same would happen to supremacy, even at a faster pace, because of the numbers.
I say do it for your own good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:15 pm

[Bo0T]_Reginleif wrote:
1 server is too much of a Head-ache. There will be lots of arguments, cheating will rise, etc.
So, it's better if there are two servers, i.e GameRanger & Voobly.
That way, all can play on both the servers, & the competition will rise on both sides(maybe)
no i didn't disagree with myself.
Regin, part of playing rated is the competition. part of competition is having bragging rights and everyone's individual little tiny ego, however big or small it might be. All that is part of the fun, it's part of what makes this game so addicting. There's the fun aspect which is addicting, then theres the competition aspect which makes it double as addicting. so arguments and such are part of the fun hahaha.

cheating will rise -> no more than it already is. for a few years cheating was absolutely RAMPANT, it was a complete joke. but honestly it's really toned down. i haven't been cheated in rated for at least a year (on aom AND aot). about cheating: ideally, voobly will be banning cheaters. yes they've been slacking in that department so they've got to pick up their shit (this is something that we as a community gotta work on. on the rts-sanc site i'm pushing for ways to fix this). anyways if a uniting were to happen, voobly would be the place because they ban cheaters.
i dunno if you guys get this or not, but when cheating was really bad a few years ago, i was actually hacked against in UNRATED games MORE than i was in rated games. an almost foolproof way to avoid cheating is by playing vs players who do not have sketchy stats and by asking for games in chat instead of searching freely->thats what the hackers do. Even when i have searched freely, which is a lot, i have not found hackers anyways.
so rate does not bring hackers. given the game's situation with activity and population and such, a hacker will hack regardless of the high or low activity of rated games being played.

I still think that it would be ideal for EVERYONE to unite on one server. And i want us to get as close to that as we possibly can because there is no denying that it will iimprove the game. ya i think that there's nothing wrong with players being multi-server players, but i think that the majority of activity should be on one server.

Yes i haven't logged onto gameranger for a while. I was in the AoM tournament with the money prize and i wanted to go as far into the tournament as i could. So i was playing purely on eso so that i could try and improve and keep my skill as high as i could through the tournament. When i was playing on gameranger a lot, i noticed that even though i wouldn't lose games, my skill/speed still dropped a bit from when i was playing predominately on eso. Now that i'm out and have a new laptop ill have to reinstall gameranger (btw is there a way i can use my old ID even though i'm on a diferent laptop now?)
so dont criticize me, reginlief. i'm still posting here actively aren't i? i still reviewed smurf's and alien's recs when they asked me to.
If you think i'm not doing my part, then thats fine. maybe i should leave the gr community alone. but if i do, there will be a lot of players who will SEVERELY fall short of a potentially magnificent aom/aot experience.
just because some of you guys are afraid of rated, or are too lazy to switch, doesn't mean that others aren't.


i've seen you guys say a few times: 'you dont expect gr lpayers to switch to a new server after playing for years on the gr server'.
well what the hell do you think the eso players are doing? eso players hvae the ideal server. everything that the game used to be and is, is right there. so its the eso players who have to downgrade, its the eso players who have the biggest culture shock of playing on a new server.
so dont think for a second that it would take some sort of miracle for a gr player to switch to voobly because it's so hard, because its different, because of boo freakin hoo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 pm

death wrote:


maybe he mean to disagree with you saying that all players on 1 server will have a lot of arguments issues etc...

I said that, but Maiden is saying both, i.e to unite all players on 1 server, & ALSO he said nothing wrong in playing on 2 servers. scratch


death wrote:


11111 thats true cant lie, i guess most people like just simple interfaces nothing to colorful like voobly lol and omg i went on voobly yesterday, i seen [TOAO]ChronoJJ 29(hooker scream)
Not only him, ArF_Adhafang, DoD_Spoeft, DaSoothingLight, & all other experts come there too, from time to time.
But, they won't leave ESO soon, because, Voobly's moderators haven't been giving much Attention to the AoT & AoM community. They will become active there only if the mods take action on banning Point Traders, Point Sitters, & cheaters(less, like maiden said) which you can see in all their Top Ratings ladders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageNrOx
Admin


ID ID : 376121
Posts : 1148
Points : 1414
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 30
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:14 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:

i've seen you guys say a few times: 'you dont expect gr lpayers to switch to a new server after playing for years on the gr server'.
well what the hell do you think the eso players are doing? eso players hvae the ideal server. everything that the game used to be and is, is right there. so its the eso players who have to downgrade, its the eso players who have the biggest culture shock of playing on a new server.
so dont think for a second that it would take some sort of miracle for a gr player to switch to voobly because it's so hard, because its different, because of boo freakin hoo.


People leave eso because, each day, there are less and less players.
And I personnaly left it beacuse of cheat. But, as you say, things may have changed since... I've not logged there for years.

Anyways, the solution is not eso because you need a valid key which is not distributed anymore.

A solution was brought, it's GR, and most of players are using GR now.

Voobly started their aom server recently and everybody should switch immediatelly, it's not logical... And, seriously, even if voobly's rating system rox, is that so indispensable to play and have fun?

_________________
The best defence is attack!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:52 pm

@regin. i'm working on that Smile

@rage ya things are different Very Happy. on aom there aren't cheaters anymore. on aot there are maybe some.... but they are pretty much all gone.

im just saying to unite rated play for activity there, but if games want to be played on eso or gr with friends (ofc since maybe not everyone would want to play rated, like vegito, so they theoretically wouldn't play on voobly.... even tho voobly has unrated) there's nothing wrong with that lol.

i guess 'immediately' isn't realistic, because there are kinks and tweaks that need to be made for ideal playing Smile. but we wont know those kinks unless we are plyaing at least a little bit there Smile.
as for tweaks getting attention by the voobly ppl.... im working on that Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:13 am

[Bo0T]_Reginleif wrote:
death wrote:


maybe he mean to disagree with you saying that all players on 1 server will have a lot of arguments issues etc...

I said that, but Maiden is saying both, i.e to unite all players on 1 server, & ALSO he said nothing wrong in playing on 2 servers. scratch


i see, its a contradiction lol


[Bo0T]_Reginleif wrote:
Not only him, ArF_Adhafang, DoD_Spoeft, DaSoothingLight, & all other experts come there too, from time to time.
But, they won't leave ESO soon, because, Voobly's moderators haven't been giving much Attention to the AoT & AoM community. They will become active there only if the mods take action on banning Point Traders, Point Sitters, & cheaters(less, like maiden said) which you can see in all their Top Ratings ladders.

nicee, how about magyar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Magyar has two accounts on Voobly.
But,as far as I know, he hasn't been online for months, either on ESO or Voobly :/

Ask Naka, they are both from same country(Hungary), so maybe he knows why Magyar isn't coming, or when he will come Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:24 pm

He quit the game, partly for studies, and more importantly for SC2 lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlimShady



ID ID : 2791364
Posts : 59
Points : 64
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:18 pm

who gives a shit I play on both (Voobly and GR)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:06 am

oh i see thanks for the info guys



SlimShady wrote:
who gives a shit I play on both (Voobly and GR)

+1 lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:50 pm

SlimShady wrote:
who gives a shit I play on both (Voobly and GR)
Ok good.
1328971 is that really your GR id, or just some random numerals you put ?

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:
He quit the game, partly for studies, and more importantly for SC2 lol.

NAKA, the Bo0T forum isn't working !! affraid affraid confused silent @ Suspect No Neutral Exclamation Question Evil or Very Mad Embarassed Mad Shocked Sad Sad pale Sleep
Do something, either change the web-host or talk with the admin of the web-host.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlimShady



ID ID : 2791364
Posts : 59
Points : 64
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:09 pm

Quote :
Ok good.
1328971 is that really your GR id, or just some random numerals you put ?

Obviously it's a genuine GR ID Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:07 pm

SlimShady wrote:
Quote :
Ok good.
1328971 is that really your GR id, or just some random numerals you put ?

Obviously it's a genuine GR ID Laughing
I know it is, but when I checked it on GR, that guy's info showed that his last login was Nov 14 last year. So, i thought like that. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[bMF]::Odysseus



ID ID : 481623
Posts : 534
Points : 598
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 27
Location : India

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:02 am

SlimShady wrote:
Quote :
Ok good.
1328971 is that really your GR id, or just some random numerals you put ?

Obviously it's a genuine GR ID Laughing
where r u from slim?

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun May 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Would like to bump this, i don't see why people couldn't play on both. Moderation is in place now, point traders are being punished as we speak. so are cheaters and all other good guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun May 06, 2012 4:53 pm

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:
Would like to bump this, i don't see why people couldn't play on both. Moderation is in place now, point traders are being punished as we speak. so are cheaters and all other good guys.

lol, you are saying they are punishing the good guys too? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun May 06, 2012 8:12 pm

word filter ftw hahaha


and ya.... i'm a voobly mod lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
word filter ftw hahaha


and ya.... i'm a voobly mod lol!
No word filter, it was a sarcastic remark for the people beyond fair play. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon May 07, 2012 12:21 am

oh sorry lolol. i'm used to the rts-sanc word filter Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^



ID ID : 375862
Posts : 674
Points : 833
Reputation : -16
Join date : 2010-10-17
Age : 23
Location : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon May 07, 2012 1:48 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
oh sorry lolol. i'm used to the rts-sanc word filter Razz
That would be "nice person" xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon May 07, 2012 3:52 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
word filter ftw hahaha


and ya.... i'm a voobly mod lol!

All beware! A nutcase has been made Voobly mod! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden



ID ID : 1203937
Posts : 350
Points : 384
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Tue May 08, 2012 2:43 am

flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redshape



ID ID : 2503837
Posts : 28
Points : 37
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2012-02-18
Age : 24
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:07 pm

Voobly's interface is completely inferior to gameranger's interface. And its much MUCH harder to get a game going on voobly. And people act like complete assholes when there's a few points on the line omg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageNrOx
Admin


ID ID : 376121
Posts : 1148
Points : 1414
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 30
Location : France

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:08 pm

11 so true!

_________________
The best defence is attack!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Today at 5:23 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rocks fall, everyone dies
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» The "Who would win?" game
» problem with the game : no control over the moves of the pc
» Worst Video Game You've Ever Played

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AOM on Gameranger :: Age of Mythology :: General, Strategy discussions-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | Games | Strategy | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Create a forum on Forumotion