Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister

Share | 

my best ra play ever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
death

ID ID : 1451210

PostSubject: my best ra play ever   Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:52 pm

was me(ra) and noob saibot(oranos) vs NiM_Maximo(isis) and his noob friend lol for his name, i think i played superb here, i was just in the zone idk what was up with me 1111

http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/N8KIEBIlK6/best-rec-ever-with-ra.rcx

heres the rec, point out any mistakes if their is any 11111
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

ID ID : 1203937

PostSubject: Re: my best ra play ever   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:49 am

you did fine from the start up to the point where you got heroic. (in archaic there are times when you need to force drop a food vill so you dont have any idle tc time. also i would have gone for the boars instead of the chickens, but whatever).

heroic on, you need to utilize the huge eco advantage fish gives you. so how do you do that? well this game it wont allow you to have a population advantage since he already took his forward tc and was able to get 3 tc's. so what a better economy allows you to do is have a superior army and age up faster. So what you need to do is spend all of those resources fastfastfastfastfastfast lol. WAY faster than how you did. get armory ups, get all the line ups etc.

a few other things: you needed to take your 3rd tc like 6 or 7 minutes faster than what you did....you definitely weren't struggling for resources, so you need to take that asap. You weren't able to immediately take a 4v2 tc advantage, but what a abetter eco will allow you to do is get to full pop faster than your opponent, which will give you a pop advantage for a short time and hopefully allow you to get into a 4v2 tc position. also, use the citadel god power.... you were popped for a long time at 140, so use it for more population.

speaking of population, be wary not to over-eco. which is really easy to do when you win water. when u win water make sure u make more docks btw so your fishers dont have to go as far to drop the food. but anyways, autoque is great and all for some people.... but when u aq camels and everything... its easy to end up with WAY too big of an eco and no room for military. so watch your resource levels and analyze them in relation to what upgrades you do/dont have+ whats going on with your population (ie do yo have the resources to replenish your army quickly if it dies). so watch your resource levels and stop making vills when u have too many.

shoot i was gonna say another tihng but all the sudden i totally forgot.... shoot lol it was a good one too xD. OH!!! building spam. omfg with 160 pop, even with 140 pop, you can not expect to survive long with only 1 migdol. You MUST take/push for map control with buildings. If your opponent was at all decent and kept attacking, you wouldn't have been able to keep up with his military size because you only had 1 building producing military. you had A TON of gold, so ues it on more buildings so you can push harder and stronger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death

ID ID : 1451210

PostSubject: Re: my best ra play ever   Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:52 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
you did fine from the start up to the point where you got heroic. (in archaic there are times when you need to force drop a food vill so you dont have any idle tc time. also i would have gone for the boars instead of the chickens, but whatever).

heroic on, you need to utilize the huge eco advantage fish gives you. so how do you do that? well this game it wont allow you to have a population advantage since he already took his forward tc and was able to get 3 tc's. so what a better economy allows you to do is have a superior army and age up faster. So what you need to do is spend all of those resources fastfastfastfastfastfast lol. WAY faster than how you did. get armory ups, get all the line ups etc.

a few other things: you needed to take your 3rd tc like 6 or 7 minutes faster than what you did....you definitely weren't struggling for resources, so you need to take that asap. You weren't able to immediately take a 4v2 tc advantage, but what a abetter eco will allow you to do is get to full pop faster than your opponent, which will give you a pop advantage for a short time and hopefully allow you to get into a 4v2 tc position. also, use the citadel god power.... you were popped for a long time at 140, so use it for more population.

speaking of population, be wary not to over-eco. which is really easy to do when you win water. when u win water make sure u make more docks btw so your fishers dont have to go as far to drop the food. but anyways, autoque is great and all for some people.... but when u aq camels and everything... its easy to end up with WAY too big of an eco and no room for military. so watch your resource levels and analyze them in relation to what upgrades you do/dont have+ whats going on with your population (ie do yo have the resources to replenish your army quickly if it dies). so watch your resource levels and stop making vills when u have too many.

shoot i was gonna say another tihng but all the sudden i totally forgot.... shoot lol it was a good one too xD. OH!!! building spam. omfg with 160 pop, even with 140 pop, you can not expect to survive long with only 1 migdol. You MUST take/push for map control with buildings. If your opponent was at all decent and kept attacking, you wouldn't have been able to keep up with his military size because you only had 1 building producing military. you had A TON of gold, so ues it on more buildings so you can push harder and stronger.

gee, i thought i did really good but guess not lol thanks for the info, btw i didnt know citadel power gives you pop....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AoL_Iron_maiden

ID ID : 1203937

PostSubject: Re: my best ra play ever   Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:06 am

like i said, you were doing great through archaic and classical (i'd only make minor changes that really dont make THAT big of a deal). it wasn't til heroic when you could have done many things different.

and ya it gives you 10 pop iirc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

PostSubject: Re: my best ra play ever   Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:05 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
like i said, you were doing great through archaic and classical (i'd only make minor changes that really dont make THAT big of a deal). it wasn't til heroic when you could have done many things different.

and ya it gives you 10 pop iirc
+10 pop, yes, if your TC is fortified, & +5 pop if it is unfortified, I think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my best ra play ever   Today at 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down

my best ra play ever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1