AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another port problem. :-DDD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pabben

ID ID : 5

Another port problem. :-DDD Empty
PostSubject: Another port problem. :-DDD   Another port problem. :-DDD EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Hello fellow old school gamers.

I'm trying to play AOMX on this thingy but I guess im having the usual port problem. But the sketchy thing is that yesterday I played 2vBots with my IRL also using Gameranger at his place and we had no problem connecting to eachother and playing some phungames.

But today when im tring to connect to players alone I can't get this to work.

oi42.tinypic. com/t5powg.jpg

summary:

1 Played with friend vs. bot connected to his host without changing anything
2 Played several games with friend with us two using the same patch
3 Next day(after maintenance also) I can't connect to games
4 Changing router configs, windows firewall configs to multiple ports trying to play, none of it works
5 Creating thread after hours of googling and troubleshooting

Back to top Go down
pabben

ID ID : 5

PostSubject: Re: Another port problem. :-DDD   Another port problem. :-DDD EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 pm

www oi42.tinypic com/t5powg jpg

proper link, insert dots (.) on spaces, its screenshots from router configs and ingame IP and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: Another port problem. :-DDD   Another port problem. :-DDD EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:56 am

Hi,

some points to check.

1 : I've already seen the version problem, even if you patch it correctly and use the same crack.
But I'm not sure you've got the right patch : everybody use this one : http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/dl/aomx.exe

if it doesn't work with that crack, reinstall your game with thi setup (ever patched and cracked for gr) : http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/dl/AOM_Gold.rar

2 : Lol, you hide your IP address but it's useless, we can't access it.
your port seems to be well forwarded in your router. If your friend is connecting to gr with the same router, he will have the port restricted problem.

3 : The IP displayed in your game window is the private IP (of your local network). If you try to play on Internet, it won't work. But when you'll launch the game with gameranger, it will use your public IP and it should work.

So, check point 1 and tell me is your problem persists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another port problem. :-DDD   Another port problem. :-DDD Empty

Back to top Go down

Another port problem. :-DDD
Page 1 of 1