AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New aot fan patch team assembly in progress

Go down 
+4
death
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^
RageNrOx
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Rage if you would do that... man we all would greatly appreciate it.
But please do not waste your time now.
Do it when we have a solid release. I'll contact you when that happens.

About our methods : I've stopped implementing new changes yesterday.
I tested the deathmatch changes very carefully, and adjusted them until they were good.
And I don't ask for any less from my team. They will do the same, starting now.
So like i said, no more new changes until huge testing has been done.

Also consider that most of the changes effect things that are rarely seen in the game.
Like upgrade costs for "useless" techs.
Now people will actually use some of them. Those changes don't need hard testing, because they are simply useless as it was. of course they will need fine tuning.

It all is under control, no outrageous changes have been made in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

ID ID : 1203937

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:26 am

just because they're not outrageous does not mean you can start tweaking every possible little miniscule aspect..... its like.... would you rather get your head blown off with a shotgun or would you rather get shot 100 times by a pistol..... both will undoubtedly kill you as an ending result.
yet ANOTHER top, experienced, unbiased player (vogus) has once again reiterated what some of us have been saying about proper methods.

setting aside the fact that there are waayyy too many changes.... there is also the important issue of you guys severely rushing these changes.... its been a matter of a few days since this started, naka...... days.
and already jollyman is posting these topics about changes after playing a game or two....
that is fucking insane, man... absolutely insane.
Given the amount of changes you made, it should take a matter of months of "testing" to properly assess the changes made.
it's unorganized insanity, man.
Back to top Go down
death

ID ID : 1451210

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:57 am

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
just because they're not outrageous does not mean you can start tweaking every possible little miniscule aspect..... its like.... would you rather get your head blown off with a shotgun or would you rather get shot 100 times by a pistol..... both will undoubtedly kill you as an ending result.
yet ANOTHER top, experienced, unbiased player (vogus) has once again reiterated what some of us have been saying about proper methods.

setting aside the fact that there are waayyy too many changes.... there is also the important issue of you guys severely rushing these changes.... its been a matter of a few days since this started, naka...... days.
and already jollyman is posting these topics about changes after playing a game or two....
that is fucking insane, man... absolutely insane.
Given the amount of changes you made, it should take a matter of months of "testing" to properly assess the changes made.
it's unorganized insanity, man.

damn lol
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:37 am

25% dm changes, 40% useless tech changes
this leaves 35% actual balance changes.
Post your thoughts about any of those. We listen to people's opinion, not general attacks though.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:38 am

i have been posting my opinions interspersed throughout all my criticizing. btw, norse ballista either need more hp, or more hack/pierce armor. Thats nice that they have 1 more attack vs buildings.... but that's barely gonna do squat if some fuckin chariots can take one out in just couple of seconds.

dude if you nerf all these big changes like mercs and turma med upgrade, etc... then that already effects basically everything in the game. you gotta start with main things like that, establish how it might ALREADY effect different upgrades/minor gods etc, then continue on. Oedy gave the example of throwing dice..... you guys have a fuckload of dice being thrown right now with an extremely ambiguous goal of "balance"..... how the hell is that going to procure any sort of organized data?
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:39 pm

In the other hand maiden, changes can't be tested independantly because, as you said, each of them will change the whole game dynamic.

They're currently pointing out each problem of the game, the main ones from what I saw, and try to find the best solution to solve them without creating other unbalances.
The method is here even if it seems unorganized because they work quite fast and go in all directions (that would require a lot of time to follow and understand all this team job).
The main problems have been appoached and solutions were proposed.

BTW, I repeat that it's better not to change the game basis (powers, associated ages, ...) but rather balance it with coefficients.

Anyways, I think it's now the time of testing. There is a batch of changes that aim to fix most of the game unbalances. So this is the basis of the fan patch.
Let's have a testing session with it and check the differences with 1.03.

Only then, we'll be able to judge it and try to trigger the last details.

Back to top Go down
Testo

ID ID : 919

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Looks like theres no real planning. Just ideas that are instantly implemented and later on maybe tested. This will just break the game and that will be beyond repair becouse no one remembers all those changes. They should carefully plan every change and think the consequences for every possible aspect, then implement and test it.

That looks like they are trying to have a baby in 2 months instead of 9. And you know what kind of spermy and bloody abomination comes out....
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Testo wrote:
Looks like theres no real planning. Just ideas that are instantly implemented and later on maybe tested. This will just break the game and that will be beyond repair becouse no one remembers all those changes. They should carefully plan every change and think the consequences for every possible aspect, then implement and test it.

That looks like they are trying to have a baby in 2 months instead of 9. And you know what kind of spermy and bloody abomination comes out....
Dude i smoothed out dm imbalance in 8 days by a degree you can't even imagine. The current imbalance is about 40% of the old one.

Why can't the supremacy changes have the same effect?
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:07 am

honestly? because sup is a bit more of a complete and complex game. I'm not trying to dig on deathmatch or anything, you know that (i'm a fan of dm, ffs haha). anyways sup seems to be start to finish whereas dm is basically just finish.

@rage: ya, i didn't mean that they should go 1 change at a time... that'd be silly. But it'd be more prudent to take "main" changes like mercs and such that are undoubtedly unbalanced, and changing those first. then see how the game turns out, then make changes on the patched game.
if that makes sense, first patch the game with obvious changes, then patch the patched game.
Currently, they're making ALL of the changes based on the current game.... well with a few main changes, the game will completely change... so the next batch of changes need to be based on the new patch, not the one they started from... does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:39 pm

1, of course. I hope they're going to do so.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:28 pm

they aren't, thats the issue, though. they're patching everything based off the current state of the game.... it's too much too fast.

Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:25 pm

We added changes that were obviously needed.
The testing phase has started and look what has been done since then.
3 changes to existing changes? lol...
Until you can prove that the current patch created a broken game, i wouldn't take these comments seriously.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 7:16 pm

dude... the point is not to prove you wrong... the point is that there is a prudent way of doing this... and thats not what you're doing.
the prudent way is how you can effectively and efficiently create this patch (or patches) and ensure that it'll work, instead of fishing through a sea of possibilities
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 pm

How are the tests?

do you need more players to get feedback?
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Yes, please. The more, the merrier. And check this out, change of plans here.

Copied my post from rts sanctuary :
Alright.
The fanpatch project went through a change of pace.
I decided to fix a couple more bugs, and release a version with the most crucial supremacy changes, and the deathmatch exclusive changes.
Now you got what you wanted. Time to get involved actively.

Change log (version 0.1) : Bugfixing :
Spoiler:

Overall balance changes :
Spoiler:

Deathmatch balance changes :
Spoiler:

Download available here : http://aom-fp.forumotion.com/t75-new-age-f...ew-approach#763
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:59 pm

Why don't you post the lastest version? you maybe want to test each version step by step.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 am

RageNrOx wrote:
Why don't you post the lastest version? you maybe want to test each version step by step.
LOL
Thanks for doing that for me Rage 11
Same goes for the installer.
@ PPL: Rage made an installer for you guys, so you won't have to put the files in manually!

Two polls for you to vote in : http://rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=214353
http://rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=214354

These 2 can change the future of AoT and the choice is yours.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 8:13 am

The Fanpatch testing lobby is up, in case it isn't open, you can open it manually here : http://www.voobly.com/games/lobby/194

I hope I'll see some of you testing this.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:14 pm

I've managed to correct most of the annoying bugs and glitches in the game.
If you want this implemented on voobly, I need your YES vote.

http://rts-sanctuary.com/RTS-Sanctuary/showtopic=214626

the corrected bugs are the following :

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Guys, I need help.
Contacting the gameranger owner about the bugfixing patch would help loads...
If gr would run with the bugfix patch, it would be a huge step forward.

The fixed bugs :
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:19 am

Just sharing this with you guys : http://www4.rts-sanctuary.com/The-Titans/showtopic=215746&pid=2357543&st=0&#entry2357543

The FP project will be finished, as promised. And there is still hope that supremacy will be addressed.
Anyways, for those who are interested in fair, balanced dm, and not just the old isis vs zeus, this would be a good thing to try Smile
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^

[Bo0T]Lucifer***^

ID ID : 376736

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:04 pm

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:
Guys, I need help.
Contacting the gameranger owner about the bugfixing patch would help loads...
If gr would run with the bugfix patch, it would be a huge step forward.

GR doesnt " run " with any patches for any game lol. Also , edit your earlier posts for new stuff you quintuple poster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New aot fan patch team assembly in progress   New aot fan patch team assembly in progress - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New aot fan patch team assembly in progress
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2