Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister

Share | 

AoM (non-cracked) not working via Gameranger.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
moocowcow

ID ID : 535435

PostSubject: AoM (non-cracked) not working via Gameranger.   Sun May 19, 2013 5:34 am

Hey, I'm a long time player of AoM and with the servers now shut down I thought I'd try out gameranger! After meeting some nice people who helped me get to grips with gameranger we set up a game and started it, only to have a big annoying 'Your game version is not compatible with the hosts', of course I thought my game was fully updated, but I updated it again to no avail, I then reinstalled the game, and gameranger, making sure to remove all files in-between. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the issue, baring in mind my game is not cracked and I'd really not want to have to download a cracked version as I'm using a shared computer that people don't really like cluttered up. Thanks so much to anyone who can offer advice -Moocowcow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: AoM (non-cracked) not working via Gameranger.   Mon May 20, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi,

you just have to use cracked aom/aomx.exe if you want to play on gr because everybody here use these cracks.

Different aom/aomx.exe will bring the "different version message". There is no other solution.

I personnaly used to play on eso, gr and voobly, each of them having its own aom/aomx.exe... the other game files are common.

Just put all the .exe in the game folder and rename them on demand.
eg : aom-eso.exe, aom-gr.exe, (voobly is different, it manages its own .exe in another folder)
just rename the -eso/-gr into aom.exe and play the game!

Tuto and files are here:
https://sites.google.com/site/aomfreeonline/Home

GL HF

moocowcow

ID ID : 535435

PostSubject: Re: AoM (non-cracked) not working via Gameranger.   Mon May 20, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey, thanks for the help-When I try to download the file I get 'Windows cannot open this file' (I've attached a picture) any suggestions? Thanks. https://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/31/52/25/not_wo10.png
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: AoM (non-cracked) not working via Gameranger.   Tue May 21, 2013 7:36 pm

rar files are opened by Winrar.

This is a software like winzip, 7zip, ...

Get it here (free version is enought and not restrictive)
http://www.win-rar.com

GL HF

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AoM (non-cracked) not working via Gameranger.   Today at 7:55 pm

Back to top Go down

AoM (non-cracked) not working via Gameranger.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1