The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share
 

 Which is the best god in all the races together?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Which is the best god in all the races together?
Zeus
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 11 ]
Hades
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Poseidon
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 6 ]
Ra
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Isis
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 17 ]
Loki
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 9 ]
Thor
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 6 ]
Gaia
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Kronos
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Oranos
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 55
 

AuthorMessage
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:11 pm

GDM_IamLegend wrote:
Isis can also rush-semi fh unlike any other civ! 352 adv high hunt with 9 min heroic. Totally op!
This can easily be done with Loki too, totally effectively. Double temple 10 hersir and hersir upgrade which makes em run faster than most cavalry, and just raid left right and centre. Ive even gone FH at 8:40 whilst raiding with Hersir.
Not saying loki is better than isis but he can perform rush-semi fh effectively too. After you go heroic with the BO too, you have tones of gold and favor to start spamming boars. Come out with 4 or so by the double temples at 9:30.

_________________
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Zorosig2take3
Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

Posts : 1074
Points : 1107
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:44 pm

hersir raiding is pretty much the easiest strategy in the book yes, however it can be delt with pretty easy as well

_________________
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Mirez
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

Posts : 150
Points : 156
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-14
Location : Behind you

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Loki is actually an awesome god. Pretty much on par with thor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SMD_bazookatooth

SMD_bazookatooth

ID ID : 55555
Posts : 490
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 69

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 pm

why does everyone hate on odin No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedPrimate



Posts : 52
Points : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 26
Location : India

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:24 pm

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No
no bragi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

Posts : 150
Points : 156
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-14
Location : Behind you

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:08 pm

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No
He sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDM_Op man

GDM_Op man

Posts : 108
Points : 126
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-15
Age : 23

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:37 am

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No

is the most uuuuuuup god
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDM_Op man

GDM_Op man

Posts : 108
Points : 126
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-15
Age : 23

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:31 am

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No

is the most uuuuuuup god
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 am

up being underpowered for those who dont know Smile

_________________
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Zorosig2take3
Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

Posts : 476
Points : 599
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 28

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 6:40 am

when i saif ftw i didnt mean for the win. I meant forever thrashing wallabies!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
gallantgreg

gallantgreg

ID ID : 398077
Posts : 229
Points : 263
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Location : Australia

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Well, it looks like Isis' Kebenits (arrow ship) have +50% damage vs fishing ships
=( =( =( =(

anyone know why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedPrimate



Posts : 52
Points : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 26
Location : India

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 7:41 pm

set and ra kebenits get +50% vs fishing ships too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallantgreg

gallantgreg

ID ID : 398077
Posts : 229
Points : 263
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Location : Australia

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:33 am

Yeah I know, but people like to say Isis farao only, such as
"OMG Isis is OP, she has Nephthys Priests and Thoth Ellies elephant " even though Set has that as well...

So why do eggy Kebenits need that damage bonus? Is it because of their weak eco during early game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SMD_bazookatooth

SMD_bazookatooth

ID ID : 55555
Posts : 490
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 69

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:59 am

RedPrimate wrote:
SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No
no bragi
what minor gods you choose depends on the map, your opponents god, and you opponents strategy. Just because he cant go bragi means nothing

Froggie_Dude wrote:
SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No
He sucks.
as for you frog i think you are just a poor player who doesn't know how to play odin so you like to hate


RageNrOx wrote:
The god named "Skill"..

i agree with rage
it doesnt matter who you are, there is a strategy or god that will counter another

Skill is the real factor of being the best
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedPrimate



Posts : 52
Points : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 26
Location : India

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 2:07 pm

gallantgreg wrote:
Yeah I know, but people like to say Isis farao only, such as
"OMG Isis is OP, she has Nephthys Priests and Thoth Ellies elephant " even though Set has that as well...

So why do eggy Kebenits need that damage bonus? Is it because of their weak eco during early game?

There are lots of minor differences like this that doesn't seem to have any effect on the balance.I think only the ES game testers can answer that question Razz


SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
RedPrimate wrote:
SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No
no bragi
what minor gods you choose depends on the map, your opponents god, and you opponents strategy. Just because he cant go bragi means nothing

This would be true if the game was perfectly balanced but unfortunately it isn't.If what you say is true then why do all kronos players go prometheus instead of leto vs 12 gods on 11 maps?Although none of the minor gods of odin are as weak as leto his own bonuses aren't good enough to make him a competitive god at high level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

Posts : 1074
Points : 1107
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 4:15 pm

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
RedPrimate wrote:
SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No
no bragi
what minor gods you choose depends on the map, your opponents god, and you opponents strategy. Just because he cant go bragi means nothing
except for the fact that people go bragi 95% of the time, he has the strongest heroic myth unit, the strongest heroic godpower and some kickass bragi upgrades

_________________
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Mirez
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

Posts : 150
Points : 156
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-14
Location : Behind you

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:24 am

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
RedPrimate wrote:
SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No
no bragi
what minor gods you choose depends on the map, your opponents god, and you opponents strategy. Just because he cant go bragi means nothing

Froggie_Dude wrote:
SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
why does everyone hate on odin No
He sucks.
as for you frog i think you are just a poor player who doesn't know how to play odin so you like to hate


RageNrOx wrote:
The god named "Skill"..

i agree with rage
it doesnt matter who you are, there is a strategy or god that will counter another

Skill is the real factor of being the best

#1 Bragi, as Mirez said, is the best norse heroic god in the game. FW is ridiculous good (and wins games) and battle boars are way too strong for what they cost.

#2 Odin is the worst god in the game after gaia. He doesn't get the uber dwarves or armory that thor does or the quick training soldiers and free myths or HoT hesirs that loki does. He also doesn't get Bragi. = worst norse god.

#3 I don't hate Odin, I'm just stating a fact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SMD_bazookatooth

SMD_bazookatooth

ID ID : 55555
Posts : 490
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 69

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 10:05 pm

what you guys are saying are not facts just opinions
so is that why themista went #1 in the world with a 1940 rating using who????
mothaflippen ODIN
so dont tell me he is not a competitive god at highlevels
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RageNrOx
Admin


ID ID : 376121
Posts : 1148
Points : 1414
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2009-07-27
Age : 33
Location : France

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 1:36 am

I remember Ourk getting #1 with odin... Crows are very usefull for raiding!!

you have enough food at the beginning with the first power so you can up classic faster.

I think all gods have a potential... we just have to find how to use it.

_________________
The best defence is attack!
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Signcopie5xe0ch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

Posts : 476
Points : 599
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 28

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 2:44 am

i second that opinion. I finally know how to beat the kronos rush with Norse now Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

Posts : 1074
Points : 1107
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-01-03
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:58 pm

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
what you guys are saying are not facts just opinions
so is that why themista went #1 in the world with a 1940 rating using who????
mothaflippen ODIN
so dont tell me he is not a competitive god at highlevels
so? jijzoekt manages to play in the top 20 with the weakest god (gaia)
it doesn't prove anything, however getting a higher rate with odin is A LOT harder then with thor

_________________
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Mirez
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedPrimate



Posts : 52
Points : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 26
Location : India

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:18 pm

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
what you guys are saying are not facts just opinions
so is that why themista went #1 in the world with a 1940 rating using who????
mothaflippen ODIN
so dont tell me he is not a competitive god at highlevels

that is because you are only seeing the wins.i am sure if you see the number of times odin and gaia loose to other gods you will change your mind
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:56 pm

RedPrimate wrote:
SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
what you guys are saying are not facts just opinions
so is that why themista went #1 in the world with a 1940 rating using who????
mothaflippen ODIN
so dont tell me he is not a competitive god at highlevels

that is because you are only seeing the wins.i am sure if you see the number of times odin and gaia loose to other gods you will change your mind
His point had nothing to do with wins or losses. Point being Odin can achieve #1 status too at the hands of a great player. I couldnt play Odin coz i love BB' but that doesnt mean hes crap

_________________
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Zorosig2take3
Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedPrimate



Posts : 52
Points : 56
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 26
Location : India

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:24 pm

LoLZorZ wrote:
RedPrimate wrote:
SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
what you guys are saying are not facts just opinions
so is that why themista went #1 in the world with a 1940 rating using who????
mothaflippen ODIN
so dont tell me he is not a competitive god at highlevels

that is because you are only seeing the wins.i am sure if you see the number of times odin and gaia loose to other gods you will change your mind
His point had nothing to do with wins or losses. Point being Odin can achieve #1 status too at the hands of a great player. I couldnt play Odin coz i love BB' but that doesnt mean hes crap

like mirez said that doesn't prove anything.how many times have you seen odin on top as opposed to isis or zeus?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:25 pm

RedPrimate wrote:
LoLZorZ wrote:
RedPrimate wrote:
SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
what you guys are saying are not facts just opinions
so is that why themista went #1 in the world with a 1940 rating using who????
mothaflippen ODIN
so dont tell me he is not a competitive god at highlevels

that is because you are only seeing the wins.i am sure if you see the number of times odin and gaia loose to other gods you will change your mind
His point had nothing to do with wins or losses. Point being Odin can achieve #1 status too at the hands of a great player. I couldnt play Odin coz i love BB' but that doesnt mean hes crap

like mirez said that doesn't prove anything.how many times have you seen odin on top as opposed to isis or zeus?
It proves that it can be done. That is the point...

_________________
Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Zorosig2take3
Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best god in all the races together?   Which is the best god in all the races together? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Which is the best god in all the races together?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AOM on Gameranger :: Age of Mythology :: General, Strategy discussions-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com