AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3 different problems.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
[RSA] Fu

3 different problems. Empty
PostSubject: 3 different problems.   3 different problems. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:08 am

Hi, me and some members of RSA Clan are trying to switch from Hamachi to Gameranger. But 3 of them got 3 different problems.

1) "X" can join games, but he can't host. When he start, the other members got the message "waiting for Host" and nothing happens, the game doesn't launch. He has firewalls disactivated.

2) "Y" has the "firewall problem" but he has firewall disactivated. When he try to join or be Host, the a "firewall problem" window appear. He opened ports and nothing happen. He has disactivated the firewalls, opened the ports and has Windows 7.

3) "Z" Can't join and be host. When he starts, the game launch, but the message "Attempting to conection" appear and then nothing happens.

we need some help here.

thank you!
Back to top Go down
[RSA] Fuzer

PostSubject: Re: 3 different problems.   3 different problems. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:13 am

also all have the crack, and version 1.0.3
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

PostSubject: Re: 3 different problems.   3 different problems. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:39 pm

u must disable hamachi, when you are playing on gameranger, or it will take False Ip address.
Back to top Go down
[RSA] Fuzer

PostSubject: Re: 3 different problems.   3 different problems. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:16 pm

they have hamachi closed and disabled all others "local area network" like hamachi. They have enabled only the one that allow them surf via internet.
Back to top Go down
[RSA] Fuzer

PostSubject: Re: 3 different problems.   3 different problems. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:20 pm

if this is a Port or Router firewall problem, we dont know how to fix it. :/
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: 3 different problems.   3 different problems. EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:45 pm

[RSA] Fu wrote:
Hi, me and some members of RSA Clan are trying to switch from Hamachi to Gameranger. But 3 of them got 3 different problems.

1) "X" can join games, but he can't host. When he start, the other members got the message "waiting for Host" and nothing happens, the game doesn't launch. He has firewalls disactivated.

2) "Y" has the "firewall problem" but he has firewall disactivated. When he try to join or be Host, the a "firewall problem" window appear. He opened ports and nothing happen. He has disactivated the firewalls, opened the ports and has Windows 7

I think it's a firewall problem (firewall is blocking incoming connexions but allows outgoing one ... it's classical)
Sometimes it's better to let the firewall activated and create exceptions for aom, aomx and gameranger.
Another point : Lower internet explorer security level.
In router, sometimes you forward ports correctely... but in fact, port are not really forwarded, it's a bug or a restriction... And, the only way to fix it is to switch you router to bridge mode (but you'll be able to connect just 1 computer, no more phone or wifi...).

The popup (nat restrited...) doesn't prevent to join or host but, sometimes, some players will be in "Italic" and you won't be able to play with them.

The very important point is to get the public IP when you host a game... as you can see in this tutorial.

[RSA] Fu wrote:

3) "Z" Can't join and be host. When he starts, the game launch, but the message "Attempting to conection" appear and then nothing happens.

This is the most difficult problem...
Because I don't know if it's a problem between aom and gameranger or a firewall blocking communications or somethings else...

So I suggest this person to follow the same above tips to fix a potential problem with his firewall.
But also uninstall aom and gameranger.
Then reboot, disable all anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall and reinstall first aom, and then gameranger.

PS : you can download AOM Gold ever patched from the tutorial website.

I got Windows 7, and I'm gonna check if it works for me.

Good luck

If you want, I can help you via teamviewer, see you on gameranger (nick : RageNrOx)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 different problems.   3 different problems. Empty

Back to top Go down

3 different problems.
Page 1 of 1