AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help in my progres

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ziguane

Help in my progres Empty
PostSubject: Help in my progres   Help in my progres EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Hello everybody,

I just join your community now but i am looking to all your advices for 6 months.
Could you please help me to progress ?
In this link (http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/GRRJ7VXhyg/partie-enregistree-1.rcx)I am playing Poseidon and i think the begining of my game is not so bad. i can join Classic around 5:30 with 23 pop.
I start to kill some villagers to reduce his economy
BUT at a certain point in classic/heroic I loose the control and let my opposent take the lead.

Could you please tell me what is wrong or bad in my game ?

You will see at the end I even manage to make a TITAN which destroy completly his area. I never stop to produce hippicon and archery and still didn't manage to capture his area.

If I look at all your advice, in this kind of game I should have win in heroic age.

Thanks in advance for your feedback
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

Help in my progres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help in my progres   Help in my progres EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:39 pm

1. Learn important shortcuts. It does make a difference, saves a lot of time, some common ones.

g - Granary
m - storehouse
t - Temple
b - Barracks
a - Archery range
r - Armory
x - Market
, - idle villager
. - idle soldier

As you play, look at the things you are using regularly, all the different buildings and make note of their short cuts. The more you use the keyboard, the faster and better you are. All pros play mostly with their keyboards, less with their mouse.

2. Always watch out for population size and idle villagers. The less you are idle and the less time u waste waiting for pop, the faster and harder you can attack.

3. In the beginning, produce an army according to your resources. For example, you had a lot of food but not so much gold, going for hippokins here is a bad idea because eventually your production will stop. Doesnt matter if poseidon gives them a boost. Also, if you still insist on making hippos, move your villagers about, take some from food and put them to gold, get gold upgrades.

4. Every single soldier is prescious. At one point i saw a hippok. run into his base and just die without doing much. This again is a waste of time and resources.

5. I saw you attacking buildings with archers. No point in doing this, when you have archers and hippos like that, let the hippos attack the buildings and the archers pick out the enemy infantry. You take less damage like this and can attack for longer. Also, go for villagers first.

6. Took too long to take the settlement. Should have done it immediately after he used ceasefire

7. Train myth units, they are there for a reason. Obviously dont overdo it, but you had a lot of wood not being used for anything and you could have made centuars with those. 3-4 is enough to do painful damage to his economy with a hit and run strategy...

8. Villagers before buildings. There was about 10 or so villagers mining gold in ur face when u were attacking buildings even if you just kill 2 and make the rest run away, that stops his supply of an army. This way you will eventually have the advantage.

9. Work on your micro. You lost a lot of units for no reason, when you were trying to take out his buildings. Going after buildings in the beginning is pointless, he can rebuild because his economy is still alive. This is why he caught up to you.

Edit:
Here is the example game i promised. Its not GREAT because i havent had much practice with Poseidon but the basic theory is there. I prefer loki and kronos to any other.
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/JF-eyNXxzp/poseidon-eg.rcx
Back to top Go down
ziguane

Help in my progres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help in my progres   Help in my progres EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:06 am

Thanks a lot for your advice.
I'll try to apply them
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

Help in my progres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help in my progres   Help in my progres EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:43 am

this can help me too thxlolz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

Help in my progres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help in my progres   Help in my progres EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:25 pm

np
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

Help in my progres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help in my progres   Help in my progres EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm

LoLZorZ wrote:

3. In the beginning, produce an army according to your resources. For example, you had a lot of food but not so much gold, going for hippokins here is a bad idea because eventually your production will stop. Doesnt matter if poseidon gives them a boost.

Normally when poseidon , we gather more gold and build hippikons as they are the best classical age cavalry and poseidon makes them cheaper too.

Thanks for the tips. I am going to learn how to use these hotkeys for better micro.
Back to top Go down
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

Help in my progres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help in my progres   Help in my progres EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:57 pm

I disagree with that point, fix your economy to the military you want, not the other way around. No point in making units if they aren't effective. Take some vils off food if you have a lot and move them to gold.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help in my progres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help in my progres   Help in my progres Empty

Back to top Go down

Help in my progres
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AOM on Gameranger :: Age of Mythology :: Recorded games-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com