Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister


Share | 
 

 incredible match a must see

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SMD_bazookatooth



ID ID : 55555
Posts : 490
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 66

PostSubject: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:31 am

Estimated Note (on 10) : 9/10 (get rushed but hang in)
Number of players : 2
Type : Supremacy
Map :Talfhiem
Duration : 25min
Players' name with gods: peepee which is my second name but im SMD_bazookatooth(odin) vs nando(loki)
Short description : how a real player hangs in even takes out my original tc
Link to dl the game : http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/vtExgqJyL8/smdbazookatoothvsnando.rcx


Last edited by SMD_bazookatooth on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage



ID ID : 532021
Posts : 857
Points : 939
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 101
Location : Pluto

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:48 pm

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
Talfhiem
Lol its alfheim not talfheim. Smile
& by the way gg, Smile that nando is a verry good player! I just played a game with him, & one time i beat him, and other time he beat me. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallantgreg



ID ID : 398077
Posts : 229
Points : 263
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:09 pm

maybe it would be easier if you used more raiding cavalry and less throwing axemen
but you were very low on food so it is ok, gg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SMD_bazookatooth



ID ID : 55555
Posts : 490
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 66

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:24 pm

thnx dudes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:21 pm

but when you are low on food and high on something else, move around you're villagers to cater to your military differently. Axe men are great but you only need so many due to their low attack not doing much to buildings. But they are still better than archers in general as they do hack damage still. But yeah, raiding cavalry is more important so you can take out some of his villagers Smile
Nice game though, but you made a few mistakes in the beginning. As soon as you saw his forward temple, you should have sent all the villagers you had near it to destroy it before he advanced that way, no free myth unit and he wouldnt be able to rush you with hersirs either. Thats the only problem ive ever encountered with Loki rush is that if you are discovered by a group of villagers, the rush fails which is what you should have done here to hinder him. This is why i build forward temples in areas with no nearby hunt. He was a bit slow to rush as well. Loki rush can get faster and you need to be aware of this

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallantgreg



ID ID : 398077
Posts : 229
Points : 263
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:56 pm

oh, I was actually thinking about using the raiding cavalry to counter the throwing axemen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:33 pm

gallantgreg wrote:
oh, I was actually thinking about using the raiding cavalry to counter the throwing axemen
Even though they dont receive counter bonuses, they can still be used to counter because throwing axemen are hard counters. They beat hypatists and eggy axemen. But their attack is low. As a result, without the bonus they are weak against raiding cavalry which are strong and fast. Also, people tend not to use ulfsarks that much in classical fights. Only after they realise the opponent is making lots of cavalry they start making ulfs.

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallantgreg



ID ID : 398077
Posts : 229
Points : 263
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:35 pm

Yes but if it is a norse fight,
then raiding cavalry will hit alot harder than a throwing axemen

throwing axemen (without upgrades) will be about:
65 hp, 30% hack armor, 4.5 hack attack, 9 range (less than half range of arcus/chariot archer)

raiding cavalry (without upgrades) is about:
105 hp, 20% hack armor, 8*1.75(damage bonus vs TA)= 14 hack attack

So if you had food you would probably want some raiding cavalry,
but bazookatooth needed to use his food for Hersir to fight the myth units, that is why I said it was a gg anyway

Oh, and I have very little experience with Norse fights. So everything I just said is probably completely wrong lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:24 pm

no you were right, usually raiding cavalry is preferred. You should have a good mix obviously but more cavalry than axemen, because cavalry tend to die more than they do. Like i said earlier, true he had little food and needed hersir but he had a lot of wood which he could have used to build like 7 or so farms with villagers gather wood so he can have enough to produce both but its just a mistake to learn from. gg

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDM_El Niño



Posts : 194
Points : 217
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 25
Location : Colombia

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:04 pm

LoLZorZ wrote:
gallantgreg wrote:
oh, I was actually thinking about using the raiding cavalry to counter the throwing axemen
Even though they dont receive counter bonuses, they can still be used to counter because throwing axemen are hard counters. They beat hypatists and eggy axemen. But their attack is low. As a result, without the bonus they are weak against raiding cavalry which are strong and fast. Also, people tend not to use ulfsarks that much in classical fights. Only after they realise the opponent is making lots of cavalry they start making ulfs.

some ursalrks are good in classical fights because they are produced faster than another units Very Happy, mainly in norse vs norse
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:14 pm

I know they are produced faster but this also means your resources are eaten quicker. Other Norse, especially Loki, makes axemen with the cavalry in the beginning so think of it this way.
Axemen + Cavalry > Axemen and Ulfsark
The reason for this is the axemen. They are the hardest infantry counters in the game meaning they are given the biggest bonus. But their attack is weak. Meaning, even if ulsarks have bonus against cavalry, the ulfs will die first because of the axemen behind the cavalry. Whereas the axemen attacking the cavalry are quite weak this way.
Trust me, look at pro games, they rarely ever make Ulfsark in classical fights.

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDM_El Niño



Posts : 194
Points : 217
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 25
Location : Colombia

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:26 pm

LoLZorZ wrote:
I know they are produced faster but this also means your resources are eaten quicker. Other Norse, especially Loki, makes axemen with the cavalry in the beginning so think of it this way.
Axemen + Cavalry > Axemen and Ulfsark
The reason for this is the axemen. They are the hardest infantry counters in the game meaning they are given the biggest bonus. But their attack is weak. Meaning, even if ulsarks have bonus against cavalry, the ulfs will die first because of the axemen behind the cavalry. Whereas the axemen attacking the cavalry are quite weak this way.
Trust me, look at pro games, they rarely ever make Ulfsark in classical fights.

i just say some ulsarks, u can micrear (i dont know how say micrear in english xD) to de cavalry Rolling Eyes, always is better produce some ursalrks in the beginning, micrear=countering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:29 pm

No its not ALWAYS better. Theres no such thing. Also if it was better, pros would do it. Guess what, they dont. Its because in the scenario i showed above. Even with micro, ulfsark + axemen arent enough to kill off cavalry + axemen because its a stronger combination in classical fight.

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDM_El Niño



Posts : 194
Points : 217
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 25
Location : Colombia

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:37 pm

LoLZorZ wrote:
No its not ALWAYS better. Theres no such thing. Also if it was better, pros would do it. Guess what, they dont. Its because in the scenario i showed above. Even with micro, ulfsark + axemen arent enough to kill off cavalry + axemen because its a stronger combination in classical fight.

in a good classical figth norse vs norse, generally rush, is very important produce some ulsarks, i dont need to see recs where pros do it because is obviously, and i have proved it many times
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:42 pm

lmao, play some pros on ESO in a norse fight, use some ulfsarks see how far you get. Some things that make sense can be wrong... this is proven constantly in AoM. For example, usually in RTS when you rush you go for villagers ALWAYS however in AoM some rush tactics involve aiming for Towers first like sometimes in kronos rush. You proved it against noobs who probably cant micro that well, that isnt really proof. If you do it against a pro and win the micro then you can say it works for definate.

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDM_El Niño



Posts : 194
Points : 217
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 25
Location : Colombia

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:46 pm

LoLZorZ wrote:
lmao, play some pros on ESO in a norse fight, use some ulfsarks see how far you get. Some things that make sense can be wrong... this is proven constantly in AoM. For example, usually in RTS when you rush you go for villagers ALWAYS however in AoM some rush tactics involve aiming for Towers first like sometimes in kronos rush. You proved it against noobs who probably cant micro that well, that isnt really proof. If you do it against a pro and win the micro then you can say it works for definate.

U_U i am sure what I say, so if you play with norses i give you the tip that produce some ursalrks in the beginning of a norse vs norse, we can play 1x1 norse vs norse to see this ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:05 pm

GDM_El Niño wrote:
LoLZorZ wrote:
lmao, play some pros on ESO in a norse fight, use some ulfsarks see how far you get. Some things that make sense can be wrong... this is proven constantly in AoM. For example, usually in RTS when you rush you go for villagers ALWAYS however in AoM some rush tactics involve aiming for Towers first like sometimes in kronos rush. You proved it against noobs who probably cant micro that well, that isnt really proof. If you do it against a pro and win the micro then you can say it works for definate.

U_U i am sure what I say, so if you play with norses i give you the tip that produce some ursalrks in the beginning of a norse vs norse, we can play 1x1 norse vs norse to see this ^^

As a loki player i will gladly take up you're challenge. I go home from uni today but i wont be able to play until tomorrow so i will log on tomorrow during the day. Maybe 1pm - 9pm GMT

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDM_El Niño



Posts : 194
Points : 217
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 25
Location : Colombia

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:09 pm

i cant tomorrow Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:11 pm

Well thats pretty much the only time i can play. Ports are blocked in Uni and i cant play here. I dont go home often. Im only going this weekend because i have some business to handle in the morning

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SMD_bazookatooth



ID ID : 55555
Posts : 490
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 66

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:21 pm

thanks for the tips
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:29 pm

NP, Remember, watch expert recs. They definately help with build order and stuff. Micro etc

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SMD_bazookatooth



ID ID : 55555
Posts : 490
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 66

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:35 pm

post a replay i want to see how good you are
and maybe play me sometime
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:37 pm

SMD_bazookatooth wrote:
post a replay i want to see how good you are
and maybe play me sometime

I cant play online whilst im at uni (atm i am) I am going home later though. So i can play you tomorrow if you are on GR. Lets put it this way, if you struggle against a 5 minute Kronos rush, dont play me Very Happy

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SMD_bazookatooth



ID ID : 55555
Posts : 490
Points : 593
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-12-04
Age : 66

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:40 pm

no thats perfect
i do struggle with the kronos rush
and need a lot of practice against it
we shall play and i will learn from the recorded games
and afterwards maybe some advice against it bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:44 pm

Well i can do both loki and Kronos rush, so i can do both on you tomorrow if you like and give you tips against them depending on your civ. But like i said, Agesanctuary is a better source for recs, because its pros doing the rushes and pros defending them so its the best that rush can be done and the best way to defend it is shown.

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: incredible match a must see   Today at 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down
 
incredible match a must see
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Corazon Classic Match 2010 ~
» My first GK match!
» Other Worlds 40k League - Short summary of the 1st match in the league
» Commorragh grudge match! 1500 point Batrep with pics
» Football match-issue/worn shirts for sale.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AOM on Gameranger :: Age of Mythology :: Recorded games-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum