Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister

Share | 

why to build more than one armories ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: why to build more than one armories ?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm

hello guys......
few days back when i noticed that some very good players build more then one armories . i never found a reason why to do so . can someone please enlighten me why should one build 2-3 armories at once ?

the only reason comes to my mind is that u can upgrade 2 or more things simultaneously. but is that the only reason ? ? ? bcos i dont think that reason is strong enough to waste resourses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mouth-organ.blogspot.com
devoure

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:19 pm

u will need to upgrade fast in later games. thats why Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Very good players make good economy.
So they want to waste their economy and they will build more than one armouries Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:55 pm

aah.... so there was no suspense at all ... all rit ..thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
AKC_Pluto

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Well, people build multiple armories to get more researched at once. However, I'm too lazy to build multiple armories, and I'd just as soon queue up one armory and wait 5 minutes for ALL the techs to finish up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:08 am

this tactic works best with thor considering he has armories with cheaper improvements, and armories cost 75 wood
you might want to build 4!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Yeah Neotron, you had the answer!

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:43 pm

you can also use it do do a fakeout. I always build one armory close to base if norse, that way think my forward base is over there somewhere. It worked fairly fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
God

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:14 am

The only reason is for teching out on armory faster. This works best as Eggy/Zeus/Thor.

For Eggy; you might as well because they are free.

As Zeus; you will 100% pretty much go Hephaestus and this gives you Forge of Olympus which should be researched ASAP in Mythic and then you will be able to buy your armory ups dirt cheap.

As Thor; this was already stated (they are cheaper) but you should really only build 2 for this. At max, 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:35 pm

1 Armory will do the trick most of the time if you keep upgrading throughout the game aka not try to buy them all at the same time because you realized you have 2k of every resource.

Like lorenzo already described forge of olympus makes armory upgrades really cheap, so there's no longer the 'cost factor', so you might as well buy them all at once.

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:44 pm

I don't want to wait untill i reach mythic to get that upgrade. So cost factor is back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Forge of Olympus is the main reason Fast mythic for greeks exist. spending an extra 150 wood on resources is nothing when u consider how powerful your army becomes. Also, with forge of olympus, you save a Butt-load of resources on armory upgrades which leave a lot for your army. But when do a fast mythic you are at a tempo disadvantage and you need to micro really well to not get pwnt, so you would need like 3 armories to get the upgrades asap.

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:16 pm

yeah i understood the reason long time ago. i wonder why this topic is still hot Smile

mostly with zeus when i FM i make 2-3 armories while advancing to mythic so that i can get all upgrades in short time (bcos of forge olympus) ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why to build more than one armories ?   Today at 11:55 am

Back to top Go down

why to build more than one armories ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1