AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?

Go down 
+5
GDM_El NiƱo
death
gallantgreg
LoLZorZ
SuppaSapien3
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gallantgreg

gallantgreg

ID ID : 398077

Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:05 am

Well since Poseidon's Secret upgrade does not let horses walk on water, I really wanted a unit that can walk on water (I'm not even sure why I want that now...)
I though I remember someone saying Jesus can walk on water so he could be a Hero unit.

I didn't mean to create a huge argument about religion.
I went to church with some relatives one Sunday, we sang songs and had fun. I'm never going back there again.

Back on topic, I'm not too sure but I think Hindu has some cool gods that could be possibly used in aom.
Back to top Go down
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:09 am

DeATh_PeNalTy wrote:
i never said jesus was god i said that he wasnt a god and i never said jesus was fake i said he wasnt a god dam do you even read dude?
Do you? I wasn't even talking about you.

@lolzorz Like I said before, you are a biased little muslim. What I meant by jesus is fake was that the crucifixion and him being a god was fake. You yourself are not a scholar, you watched a youtube video, so please don't pretend you know more than me k? thx.
Back to top Go down
death

ID ID : 1451210

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:23 am

i do read and you were talking to who ever was talking about religion you didnt name anyone specifically so that comment you posted was for me,nino & lolzorz the people that were talking about religion and what you know is not reality and is just made up in a book called the bible.

nothing wrong with a biased muslim when he is just supporting the truth.

and for the record i always do my studying before i open my mouth i don state things that arn't true in the qur'an.
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Froggie_Dude wrote:
@lolzorz Like I said before, you are a biased little muslim. What I meant by jesus is fake was that the crucifixion and him being a god was fake. You yourself are not a scholar, you watched a youtube video, so please don't pretend you know more than me k? thx.
No, im not a biased little muslim. I question all religions, even my own, just because i watched a youtube video of a SCHOLAR proving the crucifiction never happend using logic. I dont have to be a scholar to quote facts. seriously get ur head out of your ass. You act like its not possible for me to know more than you, how ignorant. Before you talk anymore crap, how about you watch the video seeing as it is my main point. Then you can criticise the scholar for his points and me for accepting them.
Back to top Go down
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:41 pm

I did watch the video. And yes, you are a biased muslim. You were raised that way, it's not your fault. There's no point in me arguing with you because you've already taken sides and decided you know more and are smarter than me. Tbh I would have better results arguing with a brick wall.
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Lol talk about an ignorant and arrogant prick. Instead of all these insults how about you debate the topic with me. Any topic on the subject. How am I a biased muslim? How was I raised that way. LOL, my parents are non-religious. So how could i be raised a biased muslim? You are a fool, you cant debate the topic with me because you know you have no facts so instead you just call me a biased muslim instead of debating properly. You are a fool.
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:38 pm

very interesting, I whish I noticed this topic before
I thought it was another noob asking when aom2 will be released or something
This is pretty much why there's no religious topics allowed on agesanc, there's bound to be drama, people calling eachother ignorant.

anyways, in my opinion religion is pretty stupid. But I try to be open and accept people for believing what the want to do and stuff. However it's getting quite hard, since every time I talk with a religious person about it they prove themselves to be totally idiots who refuse to listen to any reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:54 pm

@ lolzorz I never insulted you, I just assumed you were raised muslim because, seriously, who the hell gets into religion unless they were raised that way? Anyways, "debating properly" on the internet doesn't work. Especially when it comes to religion. People are all just set in their ways and refuse to budge, that's what I was referring to when I made my first post. But by all means, continue to back up your lack of education up with "LOL I watched scholars on youtube, you are an arrogant prick LOL." It certainly makes you seem academically superior and I'm sure you will convert many people over the internet.
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Froggie_Dude wrote:
@ lolzorz I never insulted you, I just assumed you were raised muslim because, seriously, who the hell gets into religion unless they were raised that way? Anyways, "debating properly" on the internet doesn't work. Especially when it comes to religion. People are all just set in their ways and refuse to budge, that's what I was referring to when I made my first post. But by all means, continue to back up your lack of education up with "LOL I watched scholars on youtube, you are an arrogant prick LOL." It certainly makes you seem academically superior and I'm sure you will convert many people over the internet.
Im not aiming to convert anyone, youtube is not my only source but if that is where I find the lectures then I dont see the problem. Im not narrow minded, Im open to all ideas, thats why I looked into Islam. Youtube is not my only source, it was only for that particular argument.
Quote :
so please don't pretend you know more than me k? thx.
Quote :
Tbh I would have better results arguing with a brick wall.
You are belittling me for your own prejudices. You think simply because I am religious I am automatically uneducated. That makes you ignorant. So yes you did insult me actually.

@Mirez, I do listen to reasoning. I know most religious people like Nino are all "NO YOU're GOING TO HELL!!"
I have never said anything like that, nor have I belittled or bashed anyone for being non religious, I totally respect that as I expect people to respect that I have my own beliefs. I can have a religious discussion in a civilised manner, without being an stubborn prick.
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:36 pm

just end it here its pointless arguing with him.
Back to top Go down
GDM_El NiƱo

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:25 am

:/, this topic must be closed
Back to top Go down
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:32 am

Belittling and insults are different things. Calling someone a prick is an insult, whereas saying that someone knows less than you (when they actually do) is a different thing entirely. So I didn't insult you actually. I don't assume all religious people are uneducated, I'm saying everyone who didn't study these things in some sort of university is uneducated. You automatically assume that I'm not religious, but I have never mentioned whether I'm religious or not or which religion I practice. So pls, stop pretending you know more than me, because you don't. You haven't been to university. You are entitled to an opinion, but it's just that, an opinion. You call me ignorant and a prick and tell me to "get my head out of my ass" but you have no idea who I am, where I come from or how much education I have so stop being such an ass.
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 4:06 am

Froggie_Dude wrote:
Belittling and insults are different things. Calling someone a prick is an insult, whereas saying that someone knows less than you (when they actually do) is a different thing entirely. So I didn't insult you actually. I don't assume all religious people are uneducated, I'm saying everyone who didn't study these things in some sort of university is uneducated. You automatically assume that I'm not religious, but I have never mentioned whether I'm religious or not or which religion I practice. So pls, stop pretending you know more than me, because you don't. You haven't been to university. You are entitled to an opinion, but it's just that, an opinion. You call me ignorant and a prick and tell me to "get my head out of my ass" but you have no idea who I am, where I come from or how much education I have so stop being such an ass.
Funny, I am at university. I never once said you were not religious so I dont know where you go that from. You dont need to go to university to study something. Some of the smartest people in the world educated themselves in a public library and have given lectures at harvard and oxford university. E.g KRS-ONE.
Quote :
but you have no idea who I am, where I come from or how much education I have
Same goes for you. How the hell do you know you know more than me? You dont know me, you havent even tested my knowledge. This is just an arrogant assumption. Unless you test my knowledge and show you know more than me, you cant possibly make such a statement. See another false assumption you made is that I havent been to university. You probably also assume that im a 15 year old kid. Actually im Turning 20 and am currently in University. So before you continue to make FALSE assumptions and arrogant and retarded statements, how about you actually test my knowledge in a debate about the topic instead of constantly telling me how much more you know. How about you PROVE you know more than me. But I bet you cant. I can even predict your next post. Something about how no i didnt make this assumption blah blah i didnt say you have to go university to be educated blah blah blah, stop pretending you know more than me blaaaaaah.
How about you surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:11 am

No. In this "debate" going to university means nothing unless you're studying something like philosophy and are learning about religion. I got the "you don't think I'm religious" part from when you said that I think religious people are uneducated and you know that I clearly consider myself educated to make such arrogant posts. Just putting 2 and 2 together, tell me if I'm wrong. I'm not questioning your intelligence, just your education when it comes to different religions. I assumed from your posts that you are not a biblical scholar and it seems I was correct in doing so. I'd rather you not get so defensive, I'm just pointing out that you haven't done years of research into this area.
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:34 am

Oh dear the trouble i started... Dear lord would you guys give it a rest? You sound worse than two old ladies. Gawd

Since no one wants to talk about aom this topic is closed. and if anyone post anything below this just ignore it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Froggie_Dude wrote:
No. In this "debate" going to university means nothing unless you're studying something like philosophy and are learning about religion. I got the "you don't think I'm religious" part from when you said that I think religious people are uneducated and you know that I clearly consider myself educated to make such arrogant posts. Just putting 2 and 2 together, tell me if I'm wrong. I'm not questioning your intelligence, just your education when it comes to different religions. I assumed from your posts that you are not a biblical scholar and it seems I was correct in doing so. I'd rather you not get so defensive, I'm just pointing out that you haven't done years of research into this area.
You dont have to do years of research to know something. I don't have to be a biblical scholar to look at the work of some1 who is a biblical scholar and make sense of it. Previous researchers have done most of the work for me, I just look into the specific areas they have already mentioned and confirm whether they are true. I agree that most religious people are uneducated even in their own religions. These people are the ones who were raised into a religion and they dont even follow it properly yet they claim to believe in it. But its completely unfair for you to automatically assume I am one of them.
Back to top Go down
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:26 pm

True, but I don't think you know very much about Cristian religion. In the video you linked to there wasn't one point he made where I couldn't think of a counterpoint/explanation in my head while watching. Most of his arguments were based on a technical language thing as if he forgets the bible was not written in english, we are just using a translation. That debate was far from proving anything.
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:15 pm

How is "He took it and he Ate" based on technical language?
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:14 am

@LoLZorZ since you closed the "im braveheart" post then close this.
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:28 am

Fair enough.
Closed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?   Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which gods/ civilizations would you prefer for AOM2?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2