Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in RegisterRegister


Share | 
 

 how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:01 pm

man when ever i play a egyptian they always get the eclise and minions combo god powers and that always determines the match against me because they always use it early and they get siege with the minions and destroy me man

how can i avoid this when it is so early in the game man wtf dude its like a cheat also when i get hero they kill it so fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:43 pm

Its rather difficult, you need to scout the map well and guess where you are going to be doing most of the fighting. Wall a passage between 2 sets of trees near there and as soon as he ancestor eclipses, run through the gates of the wall. That instantly ends his ancestor eclipse, if they try run around, go through the gates again. It will take some practice to perfect this. Themista told me about this strat. I've seen him use it, its very effective

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:05 pm

hm thanks that actually will work i will have to be a lil far away from the gate though so when he uses minions gp all the minions will come out of one side of the gate instead of me being close tot he gate and them coming out fro both sides

ty i will try this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuppaSapien3



Posts : 476
Points : 599
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:39 pm

if you have poseidon or zeus ceasefire also s a great way to lag out the god power. You gotta be quick though because if he plays eclipse its over
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:16 pm

If you are playing isis, 9/10 times you will go hermes anyway. In order to ceasefire A/E you would have to anticipate when he would use it and have ceasefire gp ready and as soon as u hear the sound of ancients press it immediately. But its too hard and wont always work, themistas method is much more effective and reliable. Furthermore, yes you would make him cast a/e away from the gate so there are non behind it. Even if there are 2-3 you can kill them easily.

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GDM_Op man



Posts : 108
Points : 126
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-15
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:24 am

make downloads vs. isis and invoke CF between A/E
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:38 am

SuppaSapien3 wrote:
if you have poseidon or zeus ceasefire also s a great way to lag out the god power. You gotta be quick though because if he plays eclipse its over

ooooooo ok so thats why i cudnt cast ceasefire gotta do it before eclipse ok i see thanks =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:39 am

GDM_Oceanus wrote:
make downloads vs. isis and invoke CF between A/E

yes now i see how you do it thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:41 am

LoLZorZ wrote:
If you are playing isis, 9/10 times you will go hermes anyway. In order to ceasefire A/E you would have to anticipate when he would use it and have ceasefire gp ready and as soon as u hear the sound of ancients press it immediately. But its too hard and wont always work, themistas method is much more effective and reliable. Furthermore, yes you would make him cast a/e away from the gate so there are non behind it. Even if there are 2-3 you can kill them easily.

yea i have to find a isis player 1v1 him and practice the themista move but im now happier because theres not only 1 method theres 2 and plus i never really tried to use cease fire only 1 time and i cudnt cast because the gps were blockin it and i never ever go hermes i always go minotaur lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuppaSapien3



Posts : 476
Points : 599
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:31 am

thats suicide vs eggy unless you save restoration
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:26 am

whats suicide?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuppaSapien3



Posts : 476
Points : 599
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:50 am

massing minotaurs
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:57 am

i was never going to mass minotaur i just take minotaur all the time its jsut a habit i always use restoration i find it more useful
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:57 am

and yes it is suicide there priest will murder the minotaurs even with restoration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gallantgreg



ID ID : 398077
Posts : 229
Points : 263
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-07-29
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:40 am

GDM_Oceanus wrote:
make downloads vs. isis and invoke CF between A/E

does that mean lag the game so it is easier to ceasefire?

unless you can have hotkeys for god powers it is too hard to ceasefire in between a/e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez



Posts : 1074
Points : 1107
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-01-03
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 pm

I wouldn't recommend going hermes vs isis, you have total mapcontrol till 8 minutes, and if you use ceasefire after that it will hurt you more then it will hurt him

there's 2 ways of dealing ways with isis really, in both cases you need to wall a lot so A+E won't destroy you
1) maygar style (zeus), pretty hard en micro intensive but also very effective
go classical fast and make hop, tox and hips pressure him, knock him off hunt and pressure his gold, when he is heroic run from A+E (through walls) and then go back and destroy his migdol with your army+restoration, then continue to goldstarve him
2) adha style (all greeks), go full hippikon and do the same as in 1, the positive thing about this is that your army is faster and can run from A+E better, he also has a harder time countering them, however you don't have the hoplite siege bonus

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 am

hm thanks mirez so i go athena vs isis got it cuz of restoration got it for midgol and i wall too avoid a/e but do you also have any other tips besides the ones posted here(which are gr8 btw) for defeating that annoying minions/eclipse gp combo?.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LoLZorZ



Posts : 519
Points : 569
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-09-17
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:53 am

Clearly the only best, reliable method is to wall up in distinct places. I personally like to do adhas style and i always go full hippikon against isis because there is no real midgol unit that counters them. He would have to waste time making a barracks and then spend resources on weakass spearmen. Plus its easier to raid, hit and run with hippikons. Magyars version as mirez pointed out is far too hard, and very micro intensive, hence harder to achieve at our level.

_________________

Your IQ cannot save you from violence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:44 am

yes i see your point hippikon raid makes a lot of sense and sounds easy but his camels will kill my hippikons i once tried to go all hippikons on a egypt player and he had all chariots so i made lik 20 plus hippikons against his 20 plus chariots and i was confident i was gonna win but then he made like 10 camels off his midgol in a matter of seconds so 10 camels plus the left over chariots plus the midgol equals dead hippis but i am prob am doing something wrong because i am noob and prob am not doing it right but anyways my point is that his midgol makes units very fast so the tide of battle can turn quick but then again if i raided him before this happened he prob woodnt had enough food to make all those camels so this i guess only works if you did a good raid good enough to avoid multiple camels or elephants and plus if the fight takes place near a tc he will make mecenary and plus spearmen arnt bad againt cavelry if they are massed they will murder hippikons and again spear man get crated so fast as well and if not fast enough all he has to do is put pharoah on barracks and spearmen will come out lik theres no tomorrow plus and most of the time egypt makes a barracks before they even make a midgol so all he will have to do is just mass spearman and plus they are cheap and then i have to crate a dam archery mass tox or counter infantry and counter archer units and i will be dead and lets not forget he will have those siege towers by now oh man!

btw i am not questioning your methods so don think that i am just saying what happens to me when i try to all hippi on a egypt and i am very bad in raiding and plus he has towers to protect plus he wil make spear men to counter makes this method even harder for me....i guess i am just too noob to do these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuppaSapien3



Posts : 476
Points : 599
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:31 am

dont worry i have the same prob with eggys -_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:50 am

i need to improve majorly but i don mind because i love playing this game lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:52 am

gallantgreg wrote:
GDM_Oceanus wrote:
make downloads vs. isis and invoke CF between A/E

does that mean lag the game so it is easier to ceasefire?

unless you can have hotkeys for god powers it is too hard to ceasefire in between a/e

i honestly didn't know that is what he ment by make downloads i didn't even know what he ment so i just said ok lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
{PK}Mirez



Posts : 1074
Points : 1107
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2010-01-03
Age : 25
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:43 pm

EVIL_DeATh_PeNalTy wrote:
yes i see your point hippikon raid makes a lot of sense and sounds easy but his camels will kill my hippikons i once tried to go all hippikons on a egypt player and he had all chariots so i made lik 20 plus hippikons against his 20 plus chariots and i was confident i was gonna win but then he made like 10 camels off his midgol in a matter of seconds so 10 camels plus the left over chariots plus the midgol equals dead hippis but i am prob am doing something wrong because i am noob and prob am not doing it right but anyways my point is that his midgol makes units very fast so the tide of battle can turn quick but then again if i raided him before this happened he prob woodnt had enough food to make all those camels so this i guess only works if you did a good raid good enough to avoid multiple camels or elephants and plus if the fight takes place near a tc he will make mecenary and plus spearmen arnt bad againt cavelry if they are massed they will murder hippikons and again spear man get crated so fast as well and if not fast enough all he has to do is put pharoah on barracks and spearmen will come out lik theres no tomorrow plus and most of the time egypt makes a barracks before they even make a midgol so all he will have to do is just mass spearman and plus they are cheap and then i have to crate a dam archery mass tox or counter infantry and counter archer units and i will be dead and lets not forget he will have those siege towers by now oh man!

btw i am not questioning your methods so don think that i am just saying what happens to me when i try to all hippi on a egypt and i am very bad in raiding and plus he has towers to protect plus he wil make spear men to counter makes this method even harder for me....i guess i am just too noob to do these.
punctuation will not hurt you

If he is making spearmen then make toxoses they rape them. Most eggy players don't bother with them anyways. If you do the adha style correctly he won't have 10 chariots at the time you are attacking his midgol. Besides camels are pretty bad, they are pretty expansive and die very fast. The reason you lost that battle is probably because your hips were attacking his camelry instead of his chariots.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
death



ID ID : 1451210
Posts : 944
Points : 1201
Reputation : 15
Join date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Mirez wrote:
EVIL_DeATh_PeNalTy wrote:
yes i see your point hippikon raid makes a lot of sense and sounds easy but his camels will kill my hippikons i once tried to go all hippikons on a egypt player and he had all chariots so i made lik 20 plus hippikons against his 20 plus chariots and i was confident i was gonna win but then he made like 10 camels off his midgol in a matter of seconds so 10 camels plus the left over chariots plus the midgol equals dead hippis but i am prob am doing something wrong because i am noob and prob am not doing it right but anyways my point is that his midgol makes units very fast so the tide of battle can turn quick but then again if i raided him before this happened he prob woodnt had enough food to make all those camels so this i guess only works if you did a good raid good enough to avoid multiple camels or elephants and plus if the fight takes place near a tc he will make mecenary and plus spearmen arnt bad againt cavelry if they are massed they will murder hippikons and again spear man get crated so fast as well and if not fast enough all he has to do is put pharoah on barracks and spearmen will come out lik theres no tomorrow plus and most of the time egypt makes a barracks before they even make a midgol so all he will have to do is just mass spearman and plus they are cheap and then i have to crate a dam archery mass tox or counter infantry and counter archer units and i will be dead and lets not forget he will have those siege towers by now oh man!

btw i am not questioning your methods so don think that i am just saying what happens to me when i try to all hippi on a egypt and i am very bad in raiding and plus he has towers to protect plus he wil make spear men to counter makes this method even harder for me....i guess i am just too noob to do these.
punctuation will not hurt you

If he is making spearmen then make toxoses they rape them. Most eggy players don't bother with them anyways. If you do the adha style correctly he won't have 10 chariots at the time you are attacking his midgol. Besides camels are pretty bad, they are pretty expansive and die very fast. The reason you lost that battle is probably because your hips were attacking his camelry instead of his chariots.



srry lol yes and plus i did not raid him at all i wanted to make 30 hipps and just try to attack him and finish him off with them but i failed misrably because i gave him too much time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SuppaSapien3



Posts : 476
Points : 599
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:06 am

if you cant raid, contain. Build walls closer to his side of the map and MAKE sure he doesn't get a new goldmine.Every time he sends a army micro, and eventually he will deplete his resources if you have gold starved him enough making it gg
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks   Today at 5:21 pm

Back to top Go down
 
how do you stop minions and ecilpse with greeks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Stop Animal Abuse Club
» Cherrie's Minions: The Sequel.
» Stop the shame! (The Recent U.S. 'Publicised' Shootings)
» Walking Animation won't stop
» Livestreams stop

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AOM on Gameranger :: Age of Mythology :: General, Strategy discussions-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum