AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

me vs avenger

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Logical_Theory

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: me vs avenger   me vs avenger EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 3:32 am

Estimated Note : 10/10
Number of players : 2
Type : supremacy
Map : savannah
Duration : 40 minutes
Players' name with gods(arranged by team) :me(zeus) vs avenger(hades)
Short description : looks like i was losing but i had everything under control and the reason i sacrificed my villagers on that tc attack at 22 mins is cuz i was makin donkeys for gold and those were my gold villagers so i didnt need them any more cuz i had no gold near me that was safe so he kinda gold starved me for a while so yea but still i think i made a few mistakes tell me them please thanks
Link to dl the game : http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/6qleK-yC5U/me-vs-avenger.rcx
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: me vs avenger   me vs avenger EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 2:25 pm

I wouldn't recommend suieciding gold villagers like that, use them to make barracks/archery ranges/stables all over the map
you could also make a fortess with some walls and kill his tc with petrobolis
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: me vs avenger   me vs avenger EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:21 pm

The opening was reasonably ok but there is room for improvement. Avoid getting housed at all costs. Getting pop capped is very bad as it slows your eco, your attack, soldier production etc.
I personally would have went athena instead of Hermes. If you werent going to making cavalry in the beginning there was no point in making a stable so early. Could have saved yourself some wood and used it for other things. Try not to leave your millitary idol at all and when u can, get the hoplite upgrades that make em medium and stuff soon. They make a huge difference and are very cost effective.
When you start having too much of one resource for example at around 11 minutes you had 1000 gold and 200-100 of the others. Switch 2-3 villagers to something u need more of, or something that doesnt have that many vils already. Going heroic is very important too. Opens up a wide range of units that can really help you when used properly, and you get siege so you wont have to sacrifice units. Try to go heroic as soon as you can.
After about 14 minutes the rec starts getting all retarded and stops working properly so i cant comment beyond that point.
Back to top Go down
Logical_Theory

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: me vs avenger   me vs avenger EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:36 pm

thank you both for your feed back really appreciated and in this match i was attempting a hard early rush which obviously didn't work so i need more practice and on top of that i was nervous lol i am just going to stick to what i always do which is 2 tc boom early because everything you told me is what i actually do when i 2 tc boom lol thank you both for your wise info and for even bothering to watch my rec srry it messed up idk why but it works fine for me.

lol btw he would have won if he scouted better and discovered the 3rd tc i took shows how important scouting is lol
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: me vs avenger   me vs avenger EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 pm

There are situations for 2tc booms. For future reference, against atty and norse is not one of them. Oranos and Kronos can be very aggressive, and so are the norse. Gaia will outboom you every time unless he is noob. 2tc boom i suppose is only acceptable against Egyptians and maybe Greeks some times. Personally against greeks i prefer to just rush, bother his economy and up to heroic as fast as i can and start using counter units and siege to really mess them up. I think its better than 2tc boom. Plus everything i told you is general gameplay tips. Has nothing to do with what strategy you go for. Like i said, preferably, you would want to up athena, purely because restoration is a completely epic god power and Minotaurs are very cost effective. Especially if you are playing high hunt and have a lot of food. Zeus's favor gather is faster than any other Greek so you could pull out MU's faster. Also try build an armory as soon as you have spare wood. Coppershields is a life saver.
Back to top Go down
Logical_Theory

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: me vs avenger   me vs avenger EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:01 am

yes i got it no tc boom only vs egypt and greeks sometimes and yes but the reason i chose hermes is cuz of cease flames it will keep all units idle for a few seconds which saved my butt in the recent game i had with avenger lol but i will do minotaur only if its high hunt map like you said and i will do hermes if low hunt map that way ill have myth units either way lol and i build armory as fast as possible from now on for armor ups ty dude u have been a real help =)
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: me vs avenger   me vs avenger EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:13 am

Restoration is the real beauty of Athena. Go for her most of the time. You know what restoration means? You get healed for 5 full seconds. Imagine going into a big fight. 30 units each side. Mix of cavalry+archers etc. You can easily kill 10 of his units within that 5 seconds whilst yours remain at full health, or at least to a lot of damage to his units. Obviously with some micro, you win that fight EASILY. Boom, he has no army, or has to try make one fast but cant because he just lost all of it. You go in for the attack, kill what army he has growing before it gets large enough, raid, kill his eco. Restoration is a game winner, ceasefire is just an excuse. I would recommend hermes against loki and thor though. Ceasing Flaming weapons is a major kick in the ass for thor and loki because thats one of the only advantages norse have against greek. FW can be awesome but only if you are the one using it, so its bad for you if you go against it Smile
Like i said, watch a lot of pro recs, see what they do, how they think, how they respond.
Back to top Go down
Logical_Theory

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: me vs avenger   me vs avenger EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 1:00 am

yes i know i am also use to having cease flames for booming so if they attack me early i use cease flames and gives me time to make army ty so much again =)
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: me vs avenger   me vs avenger EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 10:51 am

you don't need ceasefire vs thor or loki because if you rush with restoration they will never get heroic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

me vs avenger Empty
PostSubject: Re: me vs avenger   me vs avenger Empty

Back to top Go down

me vs avenger
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AOM on Gameranger :: Age of Mythology :: Recorded games-
Jump to:  
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com