AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What did i do wrong?

Go down 
+2
Jake
Andrw_13
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

ID ID : 2552530

What did i do wrong? Empty
PostSubject: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 8:53 pm

http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/pNu1ziMM43/andrwkronosvs-pkmikeposeidon.rcx
HERE IT IS CORRECTED^^
cheers
this is a 1v1 supremacy vs pkMike but i just dont know what the heck did i do wrong besides of exploring issues and the missing 3rd tc (wich i never found) please somebody tell me what was wrong with my game cheers

Last edited by Andrw_13 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

ID ID : 376747

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Hi Andrew,

When you renamed that file, you seem to have accidentally deleted the ".rcx" file extension at the end. So the file wont work unless we re-name and add ".rcx" at the end. I suggest you do the re-re-naming and then re-upload it (use the edit button). Smile
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 9:29 pm

OMG sry cyclops Razz
thank you anyways
HEY THERE IT IS NOW U CAN WATCH
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

ID ID : 376747

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 pm

At your first meet with his army he had hipp+ small number of toxotes while you had murmillo+katapeltes+ small number of turma -> you had the 'right counters' so he withdrew and so you had land superiority (at this point you should try to seek out his hunt, but thats not the reason you lost).

At your second meet, you both had 2 tcs, he made some 17 toxotes and 12 hipps. He rebuilt his army to 130/130 while you had 110/130 when you engaged his army. But i think the major reason that you lost there was because he had such a large number of toxotes and your inability to counter them efficiently --> What i mean is that 17 toxotes kill (say) 20 murmillo or kata in a few seconds while you can't hope to kill 17 toxotes with your 10 turma in the same time => lose.
Best counter to hipp+tox as a greek is full hipp. But as atty, your cavalry is weak.
Having more turma in your army and then dividing them into groups of about 5, ordering each group to attack different sets of tox can win in theory but it wont be practicable to do so much micro.
My suggestion for the 'right counter' is 10 turma + 10 katapeltes and the remaining 10 with prometheans and/or contarius. Now he will have the tough time microing as he needs to aim the tox at your kata that are standing in between contariuses and proms. Drag and select half of the turma (about 5) and shift-right-click consecutively on a set of tox. Do similar with the other 5 turma.

Just see the rec again to know what units you had in that (lost) fight. Tell me if i'm wrong that you had 1)underpop army 2)'wrong counter' army

When you win the fight and gain land superiority, at that time, you could siege a TC with the behemoth. (you tried to go for his safest TC >.<).
Scout with oracles or 1 turma and dont let him gather resources. Timeshift manor etc. to his forward gold for LOS.
Get 3 or 4 tc before going heroic (scout fully and early). Try testing army fights using different mix proportions using the editor.

At your 3rd meet, you were going for his starting tc. Your army just totally scattered everywhere- murmillo attacking farmers while turma were exposed alone outside. Your scattered army getting killed part by part by his army (that was sticking together).
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 2:55 am

yeh I was actually scared about that TC huntin my villies thats why i tried on it....
Thanks Jake for ur time, patience, human treat, etc. I'll improve my game!
bounce
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Hmm, you made a lot of mistakes, u simply used ur valor god power on ur army, when ur opponent didnt have any Myth units, & then you made traitor on a not upgraded inferior cavalry?? Very Happy & you didn't make vills!! & 1st of all start using autoqueue button, it helps save a lot of time, & atleast u cud have made ur vills on autoqueue, you had only like 12 citizens when you evolved to heroic then in the end, you didnt make any army & you also made ur arcus heroes lol , for what reason?? ...
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:19 pm

arcus heroes are arguably atties' best heroes. However you do have a point, don't waste valor when there's no myth units or when he's not gunna make any.
Same goes for traitor, don't waste it. I know it's very tempting to use it on a random unit when you are losing a battle but a good traitor can really hurt your opponent.
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:10 pm

Valor is actually best used when u have an army close to ur villies cuz it will make 4 heroes: 1 vill and three military units. By the time that i used traitor i was already loosin not the battle but the game bounce ill play Vs Goldylucks
Back to top Go down
{PK}IamLegend

{PK}IamLegend

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:19 am

u need to lame more... im captain falcon. Fish on water maps. by lame i mean tower spam fast titan then go wonder. Do they typical atty lame ull get 1700+ ez
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:24 am

Andrw_13 wrote:
Valor is actually best used when u have an army close to ur villies cuz it will make 4 heroes: 1 vill and three military units. By the time that i used traitor i was already loosin not the battle but the game bounce ill play Vs Goldylucks
I'm not a big fan of using valor near your villagers. An atty villager is already horrible population inefficient with their 3 population. Turning it into a hero will make it have 4 population, which isn't worth the supersmall extra income from it.
However you can use it vs a myth raider, hero citizens do pretty good vs classical myth units. If they can catch them that is.
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 11:58 pm

its not a supersmall its actually a lot
like 25% +
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:09 am

Andrw_13 wrote:
its not a supersmall its actually a lot
like 25% +
not at all, gathering rates change from:
2,13 gold, 2,56 wood 1,85 hunt 1,64 herdables 1,52 farm
to:
2,34 gold, 2,82 wood 2,00 hunt 1,80 herdables 1,67 farm

thats about +10% income, which is bad since the population increases with 33,3%
Not to mention the fact atty villagers are already horrible population inefficient, hero citizens are just awful.

However yesteday I managed to kill a valkery with a hero villager ^_^
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 12:55 pm

yeah, Making ur citizen a hero is a bad idea if you don't have enough pop, & they don't give that much faster resources like Mirez said. Atleast, they get more hitpoints i guess, their only advantage & i think they are even slower than a normal citizen. & Btw, where did you get those stats Mirez? ^^
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:14 pm

I got an advanced UI file that gives me the exact stats of upgrades and such. I'll see if I can upload it somewhere since more people have asked me about it.

It's true they gain hitpoints and they benefit from armory upgrades and oranos' speed bonus, however it's still not smart to sacrifice 1 pop for it.
The only time I would hero up my villagers is when I'm planning to do some nasty vortex sidebuilding and such.
(for those that don't know, hero-citizens get shifted with vortex if they are idle)
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:16 pm

hey mirez u should make a topic about that tool
Back to top Go down
True Liar

True Liar

ID ID : 484960

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Mirez wrote:
I got an advanced UI file that gives me the exact stats of upgrades and such. I'll see if I can upload it somewhere since more people have asked me about it.

i've got that too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did i do wrong?   What did i do wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

What did i do wrong?
Page 1 of 1