AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How could I lose here ?

Go down 
+4
Jake
[UrK]_Latino
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage
FuelForStyle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelForStyle

FuelForStyle

ID ID : 0

How could I lose here ? Empty
PostSubject: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:07 pm

FuelForPower Vs UrK_Neez
RANDOM GOD Vs Thor
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/1BotlT9Po9/partie-enregistree-1.rcx
I was 4tc, and him 1, and he managed to win, dont understand... Ok he did all military upgrades...but anyway.....
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:53 pm

You didn't make any eco ups, or any armoury ups, & you didn't make use of walls , you didn't use your scout to scout the areas of the enemy's food & gold area. You simply let him gather resources, not even bothering to raid. Neez did the same mistake, but he did most of the eco ups & armoury ups faster than you , so had much better score than you.. & I think you wasted ur Restoration GP & Lightning GP . Even if you took more tc, you didn't have enough resouces to make constant army , so ur extra population had no advantage Sad But other than that , you did great.
Back to top Go down
[UrK]_Latino

[UrK]_Latino

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:20 pm

u lost because u are not rdm lol
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

ID ID : 376747

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 10:58 pm

It was the armoury ups. We know that each 'up' gives 10% boost, so having iron level ups is as good as having 60% larger army.

So a 35 unit army is as powerful as a 56 unit army, compared to your 45 unit army. Yes its bigger than 4v2 (fortified)TC army!

I think this should be a great inspiration for thor players. I love you

N. B. you could've finished the game early if you had just sit your army at his second gold mine when he was going for it at 10:55. For that, first you need to scout the map fully and early cyclops
Back to top Go down
sudharsan

sudharsan

ID ID : 0

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 4:09 pm

he is reluctant to resign
Back to top Go down
Vaga

Vaga

ID ID : 712824

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 12:33 am

Jake wrote:
It was the armoury ups. We know that each 'up' gives 10% boost, so having iron level ups is as good as having 60% larger army.

So a 35 unit army is as powerful as a 56 unit army, compared to your 45 unit army. Yes its bigger than 4v2 (fortified)TC army!

I think this should be a great inspiration for thor players. I love you

N. B. you could've finished the game early if you had just sit your army at his second gold mine when he was going for it at 10:55. For that, first you need to scout the map fully and early cyclops

i think even with thor ups gr33k unuits are still stronger...
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:16 am

Vaga wrote:

i think even with thor ups gr33k unuits are still stronger...

I think norse longhouse units are only about 10% weaker than greek units.
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 1:52 am

not at all, norse lose early on because tox perform excellent when massend and thanks to restoration
In lategame greek wins thanks to heliopolis/collosi/heroes not because their barrack units are supposed to be stronger (bragi-tyr urlfsark are one of the strongest units in the game)
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:08 am

If all upgrades are done, the greek counterpart is always stronger than the norse one.
And yeah, toxotes rock Razz Tried poseidon for the first time, and hippikons supported by massed toxotes pwn any norse army. Even if the norse guy have an age advantage. (I was in classical, while my opponent was in heroic already).
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:55 pm

not at all, hippikon cost 3 pop while raiding cavalry cost 2 pop, in a full pop army battle between rc and hips the rc will win.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Ok, but who waits until the enemy has full pop? Don't forget myth support on the greek side either. (minotaurs/cyclopses) + Massed toxotes kill even cavalry easily, once they fight. I consider hippika as cannon fodder in this situation, pretend to attack, move off and go at it again. Victory is certain, given if the enemy doesn't retreat to a towered up base/forward base.
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Mirez wrote:
not at all, hippikon cost 3 pop while raiding cavalry cost 2 pop, in a full pop army battle between rc and hips the rc will win.

But if the space is limited, like with cliffs in alfheim, and/or with many buildings around, then there will be a lot idle RC at the back. Hipp army will most likely win (because hipp deals more damage per unit surface area and surface area is limited).
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:10 pm

it's very unlikely you will battle at choke points and you have an army sitting in the back waiting till it's their turn to fight.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How could I lose here ?   How could I lose here ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How could I lose here ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AOM on Gameranger :: Age of Mythology :: Recorded games-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com