AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can't Install Game Ranger

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ontarah

Can't Install Game Ranger Empty
PostSubject: Can't Install Game Ranger   Can't Install Game Ranger EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:40 am

I have downloaded the Game Ranger setup file, but when I try to run it, it says it cannot connect to the Game Ranger server. In a fit of genius, GR decided to only allow access to their forums to people with the game already installed. My firewall is completely shut off so I know it is not that. I am using Ethernet so there is no router to mess anything up. I can do anything else online fine. Web browsers, Skype, whatever. It is just GR I cannot connect to. I have also played using Game Ranger with a different computer at this location and this setup before. I no longer have access to that computer. In that case, I already had Game Ranger installed before I came here. Now, I am trying to install it on a new computer and I can't get it to connect. My internet provider is Comcast, but given I have played with Game Ranger using Comcast before both here and where I lived previously, I don't understand how that could be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: Can't Install Game Ranger   Can't Install Game Ranger EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:10 pm

If it has already worked with another computer, the problem maybe comes from your PC. Try to forward port UDP5000 to your computer, allow GR and AOM in your firewall.

If you use Ethernet you can be connected via a router, except if it's set to bridge mode... so check your router's settings in case of (enable UPNP if disabled)

Otherwise, I don't know where it comes from because it's not an AOM problem, it's a gameranger problem (I think the port used to connect to GR server may be blocked by your firewall or router)

Back to top Go down
ontarah

PostSubject: Re: Can't Install Game Ranger   Can't Install Game Ranger EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks, I actually got it to run now. I have no idea why it randomly started working, but it did. I just waited like two hours and tried it again (for about the twentieth time) and it finally worked. But thanks for your answer. I think it was something with the modem or router and ports as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't Install Game Ranger   Can't Install Game Ranger Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't Install Game Ranger
Page 1 of 1