AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have a problem when playing online via gameranger

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rifleman

ID ID : 790084

I have a problem when playing online via gameranger Empty
PostSubject: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:18 pm

I have a problem when playing online via gameranger. The games I was playing (Age of mythology and Rise of natios) lagging too much ...but the lagging is unusual! Lagging all the game, with starting at GameRanger the game starts to lag, and lag even the sound ... ie repetitions and stuff like that ... as if has hapen bad installed .... Exclamation

... But when I tried to play on the internet via the ECO (ie the game) in Age of Mythology i played normally. So should not blame the lan or internet, but something goes wrong with the opening of the game from GameRanger... Question

This problem started long ago when I format the computer. Before the format i was playing normally in gameranger.

I have another newer computer that hasn't a problem when I play in gameranger, also say that through both LAN computers play normally.

Sorry for my bad English ....
Back to top Go down
RSA_Moes_Cavern

RSA_Moes_Cavern

ID ID : 754738

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:46 am

check this man:

http://portforward.com/cports.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqv4fiImax4
Back to top Go down
[TwlsTeD]PitLord

[TwlsTeD]PitLord

ID ID : 12324

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:50 am

disable windws firewall and the antivirus if u have...if it is still lagging...when the game is running minimize then ctrl+alt+delete go to process then find the aom process...right click it...set priority and click high
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:32 am

Moes, the video you've given is for switching the router to bridge mode, that will disable his phone via ADSL and avoid other PC to connect to the Internet (no more switch).

Pitlord is right, do this, and check if it's a network problem comes from network because If it works fine on another PC, the problem can comes from bad performance of your PC or other running tasks that make it lag.
Back to top Go down
RSA_Moes_Cavern

RSA_Moes_Cavern

ID ID : 754738

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:22 pm

=0 OK rage xD thnks Razz
Back to top Go down
[TwlsTeD]PitLord

[TwlsTeD]PitLord

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:11 pm

oh you can also try this....:
click start ->run->type %TEMP% click enter-> and delete all temporary files(ctrl+a select all and press delete)..this will speed up your pc reduce loading time and probably it will fi your problem
gl and hf
Back to top Go down
Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 11:42 pm

Once more...

When I play AOM alone or in the ESO there is no problem ... which means that the game has no problem or my connection!

The problem happens when I play AOM via gameranger.

PitLord wrote:
disable windws firewall and the antivirus if u have...if it is still lagging...when the game is running minimize then ctrl+alt+delete go to process then find the aom process...right click it...set priority and click high

Thanks, but didn't fixed my problem.

PitLord wrote:
oh you can also try this....:
click start ->run->type %TEMP% click enter-> and delete all temporary files(ctrl+a select all and press delete)..this will speed up your pc reduce loading time and probably it will fi your problem
gl and hf

my pc speed up, but that has no do with my problem.

RSA_Moes_Cavern wrote:
check this man:

i can't understand what relation have that links... ?? confused
Back to top Go down
[TwlsTeD]PitLord

[TwlsTeD]PitLord

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:47 am

well gameranger has some filles in the temporary folder too maybe they got corrupted...also try to reinstall gameranger or right click on exe(gameranger)->properties->compatibility->try each compatibility mode maybe it will work
Back to top Go down
Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 pm

PitLord wrote:
well gameranger has some filles in the temporary folder too maybe they got corrupted...also try to reinstall gameranger or right click on exe(gameranger)->properties->compatibility->try each compatibility mode maybe it will work

I have windows xp...

In the "compatibility" i have that choices:
Windows 95
Windows 98 / Windows Me
Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
Windows 2000
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:40 pm

XP, don't tuch the compatibility mode.

Have you checked your tasks and the alocated resources on Ctrl+Alt+Del ?
Back to top Go down
Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Thanks all for your help... maybe i have found the problem, i try to fix... If i need help i ask again here... anyway thx! Wink
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Maybe give the solution that solved your problem, it could help someone else.

Thx
Back to top Go down
Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:27 pm

nothing... finale i didn't solve the problem... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:06 am

I upload a video from an attempt to play the game ... As you can see the lagging does is different from others ... also, that was a good (as say) connection, sometimes lagging every 1-2 seconds ... i can't neither move the camera ...

http://vimeo.com/30244274

Last edited by Rifleman on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:05 am

First, when you start the game you have to "accept" terms and condition only once, you shouldn't have this popup anymore (try to launch the game without gameranger)

Then, the music is lagging and doing loops : maybe your computer is too weak or the game installed badly (try to stop all other programs when you play)

Finally, you have no port or connection problem because you've joined the game correctely.

PS : when you start a game, don't build the temple but get food with your vills and make vills in your TC... whatch BOs.
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:56 am

Try playing in low graphics mode.
Back to top Go down
Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:09 pm

RageNrOx wrote:
First, when you start the game you have to "accept" terms and condition only once, you shouldn't have this popup anymore (try to launch the game without gameranger)

Then, the music is lagging and doing loops : maybe your computer is too weak or the game installed badly (try to stop all other programs when you play)

Finally, you have no port or connection problem because you've joined the game correctely.

PS : when you start a game, don't build the temple but get food with your vills and make vills in your TC... whatch BOs.

Evil_Vegito wrote:
Try playing in low graphics mode.

Are you kidding me??? what i saying all this time?... lol! Look slightly again this Posts ...

Quote :
I have a problem when playing online via gameranger. The games I was playing (Age of mythology and Rise of natios) lagging too much ...but the lagging is unusual! Lagging all the game, with starting at GameRanger the game starts to lag, and lag even the sound ... ie repetitions and stuff like that ... as if has hapen bad installed .... Exclamation

... But when I tried to play on the internet via the ECO (ie the game) in Age of Mythology i played normally. So should not blame the lan or internet, but something goes wrong with the opening of the game from GameRanger... Question

This problem started long ago when I format the computer. Before the format i was playing normally in gameranger.

I have another newer computer that hasn't a problem when I play in gameranger, also say that through both LAN computers play normally.

Sorry for my bad English ....

Quote :
Once more...

When I play AOM alone or in the ESO there is no problem ... which means that the game has no problem or my connection!

The problem happens when I play AOM via gameranger.

Also for "accept"... was simply the first time I played after the second format. about it.

I know playing AOM, this game was completely testing ... just to show you.
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Well, if you ever know what's the solution (or, rather, which solutions are not), why do you keep posting here?

When you play alone or on ESO, there are less requirements than with GR...
check your allocated res
Back to top Go down
Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:51 pm

RageNrOx wrote:
Well, if you ever know what's the solution (or, rather, which solutions are not), why do you keep posting here?

When you play alone or on ESO, there are less requirements than with GR...
check your allocated res

i don't really understand what do you mean... also what is the allocated res?
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:56 pm

RageNrOx wrote:
XP, don't tuch the compatibility mode.

Have you checked your tasks and the alocated resources on Ctrl+Alt+Del ?
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:15 pm

resource allocation means setting priority to high in gameranger and aom?
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:37 pm

It's just to check if the CPU or the memory are not overloaded... that would make the PC lag.
Back to top Go down
Rifleman

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:02 am

There is no have to do with the game... and the CPU memory... because the same think do in an other game(Rise of nations) ... something going wrong with gameranger and my router-connection-pc...

Also, i have a lan with the THOMSON TG585 v7 router... and in the gameranger i have two accounts... (i don't have idea if that play some roll in that problem, just i saw it)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a problem when playing online via gameranger   I have a problem when playing online via gameranger Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a problem when playing online via gameranger
Page 1 of 1