AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my own Advanced aom user interface

Go down 
+6
EviL_NeOtron
Hades
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage
RageNrOx
gallantgreg
evilspirit
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:11 pm

there's more xentialans or something
Back to top Go down
thibauld

thibauld

PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:32 pm

hmm i cant find the uimain.xml in my G:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Mythology\data folder, or anywhere else. are you sure thats what its called?
Back to top Go down
EviL_NeOtron

EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:32 pm

xentialian's ui was the basis for both ekanta and pete.his language pack and transparent ui was used in pete with many modification.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mouth-organ.blogspot.com
EviL_NeOtron

EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:45 pm

ummm... actually.....lemme reframe my sentence , i meant to say that uimain.xml is custom made ui which creates a *.xmb extention file on the first run of age of mythology.

By default microsoft provides only *.xmb files so that no one should try to modify the ui. but there are softwares through which you can convert *.xmb files into *.xml files . using that method the aom freaks converted the xmb file of main userinterface into xml files ,understood its logicit and modified it... and they provide this uimain.xml file in their download , when you put that file in the data folder of aom and start the game it gets converted into uimain.xmb file which aom always uses later... i hope i made myself clear enough... Question
Back to top Go down
thibauld

thibauld

PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Yeah, i think i understand (lol Razz) so i guess thats why a lot of maps in the AOM folder are empty...?

do you know where i can find the .xmb file?
Back to top Go down
EviL_NeOtron

EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:10 pm

ya they all are packed in *.bar files. u'll need aomed.exe (link can be found in aom.heavengames.com) to extract files from *.bar file . i dont remember the exact location of maps but i guess it's in the data.bar or models.bar ....... read about AI scripting and modding in aom.heavengames.com forum if u are interested in modding stuffs .
Back to top Go down
thibauld

thibauld

PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm

ok thanks, but one last question. what do i do with the file once it is edited? do i repack it into the *.bar file or can i just leave it in the data folder?

Oh, and a little question on the side: why are you not online on gameranger while you are here? confused
Back to top Go down
EviL_NeOtron

EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 4:12 am

after u modified the file u need to repack the file into its original bar files.it can be done through that aomed.exe program OR for music files u may simply put them in the music folder .i've not tested it myself as i m not interested in modding things.As i said earlier : check that website.

@ why dont i play these days : it because of this : https://aom-gr.forumotion.com/news-rules-f1/sorry-guys-i-m-leaving-the-game-for-a-while-t402.htm
and btw today is my first job exam
Back to top Go down
Vaga

Vaga

ID ID : 712824

PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 5:07 am

cool ui thingy i want one especially that huge idol vill thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my own Advanced aom user interface   my own Advanced aom user interface - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

my own Advanced aom user interface
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2