AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

hosting problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shahir

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Hi guys, this is my first post so...
I'm having problems with hosting a game on aom(not titans)
when ever i host a game on gameranger, lost of my friends join, then i click the start button, go on LAN, host a game...
but no1 joins, so i quit the game, ask them y no1 joined and they say, because it said "waiting for host" and was loading, and thats all it was.
can anyone tell me why or how to fix it? thanx
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Seems like gameranger doesn't detect that the host is ready...

Are you sure you have the last version of gameranger and the last version of aom, with the cracks available here?

Maybe you should reinstall AOM with this AOM Gold Setup (ever patched to play on gameranger)

You could also check your firewall... both aom and gameranger have to be allowed.

Your OS is Vista or XP?
Are you administrator?
and what's the version of Internet explorer?
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 2:50 pm

Hey this happened some days ago to me also. I was playing with a guy, [I forgot his name Wink ] & he started the game. There were 4 players in that room. But it said waiting for host to me. . Then, after 2 mins or so, They came back & asked why I didn't join. I said it was waiting for host & I asked them If all of them joined. They said yes. So I asked the host to go again, & this time I connected & played a good game Smile . I dunno why it happened. & It happened only 1 time to me.
Back to top Go down
shahir

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:48 pm

firefox is allowing them both :/
it always happens to me, thats y i can never host, only join Sad
and sometimes when im playing other people, they host i get on game go on lan but their name isnt there, so they ask y i didnt join, and i say u didnt host a game, they say, yes they di :/
any ideas for this problem?
Back to top Go down
shahir

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:51 pm

my OS is XP
not vista, im on bronze thing on gameranger but so is every1 else
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:27 pm

OK, I guess you meants "firewall" when you wrote "firefox" Smile

Maybe you could lower you internet security on internet explorer and /or on security software (kapersky for example).

Try to forward ports in your router.. because when you want to host, you have to allow people to conect to your PC... that means a router that doesn't block input connexions and the best way to avoid it is to forward ports in router.

Also, try to reinstall the game with the link I gave you in the first post.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 pm

RageNrOx wrote:
OK, I guess you meants "firewall" when you wrote "firefox" Smile
Lol 11 Smile
Back to top Go down
shahir

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 6:25 pm

lol yeah i meant firewall Very Happy
yeah thanks for ur help guys i fixed it Smile
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Shahir, could you please tell us what solution fixed your problem... it could help another player with the same problem you had.
Back to top Go down
Cloudz

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:23 am

Same problem, but I have 2 computers. I can host fine on one PC and the other just goes to the first screen.
Back to top Go down
Cloudz

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Ok so like I said I have 2 pc's both with windows 7. AOM on my girlfriend pc works fine , she can host and join games perfectly . I just reinstalled the game and game ranger and the no cd crack on my pc and I'm having the same problems as before. I can't host a game (it's not my router or ip we are behind the same router) When I click "host" the game launches and just sits at the first screen. When I join a game it just sits at the first screen but if I click multiplayer> ip> join xxxxxx's game I can join, but it doesn't do it automatically like it should. Seems as tho gameranger isn't taking control of AOM after it launches it.
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 9:44 pm

yeah... maybe you should reinstall both aom and gameranger

You have to set, in control panel, your connection to private (or home), check firewall(s), check connection (disable unused connections)...

Does this problem occur when both PCs are on or always?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hosting problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: hosting problems   hosting problems Empty

Back to top Go down

hosting problems
Page 1 of 1