AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BO Poseidon!

Go down 
+3
{PK}Mirez
Evil_Vegito
SuppaSapien3
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gallantgreg

gallantgreg

ID ID : 398077

BO Poseidon! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 pm

I really can't think of any way to deal with that archaic militia spam other than to try and ignore it or to attack the building villagers with your own citizen which is pretty much a waste of time because they are so slow.

Maybe I would have to use an Oracle hero to attack villagers instead?

And those militia are like average classical infantry in hack/hp/armor.

Probably can't change the unit stance of town centers so that they stop attacking can you?

Stable spam is kinda stupid. I think it is about 70% more wood, 66% more build time, 166% more HP and only 50% more militia. Plus it is a classical building, so you can choose when you want to attack it. It is very simple to just not destroy them unless you are sure you can kill the militia easily.
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:29 pm

try aiming for the villagers with your town center, other then that just up fast and garrinson the villagers getting attacked in your tc
tbh I don't see how this could ever work tbh
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 pm

ceasefire lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:41 pm

ceasefire? ROFL!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 am

then take a tc and make some counter barracks srsly
Back to top Go down
gallantgreg

gallantgreg

ID ID : 398077

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:20 am

People make sure to place the houses just inside TC firing range and have villagers on the outside, can't shoot them.

I still don't understand the Ceasefire lol.
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:07 am

gallantgreg wrote:
People make sure to place the houses just inside TC firing range and have villagers on the outside, can't shoot them.

Why do you think I rofld at the idea? its a WASTE of a crutial GP
Back to top Go down
death

ID ID : 1451210

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:19 am

i believe in making the build order that makes you feel comfortable mostly and that works best,in other words make your own BO.
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 1:21 pm

There is such a thing that works best universally. Making you're own BO wont work if you are stupid. Only thing is there are many different BO's for different situations. Like the combination of map, opponent god, placement of hunt gold etc...
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 4:22 pm

LoLZorZ wrote:
There is such a thing that works best universally. Making you're own BO wont work if you are stupid. Only thing is there are many different BO's for different situations. Like the combination of map, opponent god, placement of hunt gold etc...
you are stupid if you cannot make a build order yourself*
seriously it goes like this
1)put villagers on food so you can make villagers
2)get recourses for temple
3.1)villagers on food till you can up
3.2)villagers on other stuff to buy stuff first, then to food till you can up
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:28 am

quote="LoLZorZ"]
gallantgreg wrote:

Why do you think I rofld at the idea? its a WASTE of a crutial GP[/quote]

the reason i said this is becuase i dont believe people shoould use godpowers to make themselves better. you can but i belive you should make yrself better then use godpowers.
I have fought many people(like themista for instance, who dont even use a god power on me whatso ever and still win.)

Mirez wrote:
LoLZorZ wrote:

amen to that
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Mirez wrote:
LoLZorZ wrote:
Notice I said "if you are stupid". Some people dont understand the concepts. BTW its not as simple as you made it out though Mirez. BO changes a lot depending on strategy, you know this. Its not always the case where just constantly put to food till you up. Theres also reallocating your villagers to create an eco based on what strat you are going for. Noobs dont know how to do any of this which is why u need BO's already and cant improvise.
Its also easier to get an understanding of how to make a BO after you experiment with existing BOs. So I dont blame people for asking for BO's. There are many different ones...
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:20 pm

it's the people who will blindly follow a build order that will never improve
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:31 pm

good thing i dont follow them blindly then ^^
Back to top Go down
Froggie_Dude

Froggie_Dude

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 6:11 pm

With greek bos are useless, just make sure you get classic when you want. You can always shuffle your vils around after that as nessessary
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:58 am

hmmmm other good 4:00 min strat i found out was the 11-4 strat. Send 11 to food with temple and house and four to wood.
. then out of 11 send 3 to gold when you are advancing (get no techs). You can get a good 3:50-4:30 advance time, but yr econ is jacked up though
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:31 pm

how is putting all villagers on food until you are up a build order?

I would only consider using this strategy vs atty on no-hunt so you can pull of a centaur strangle
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:55 pm

its for people who need to fight 3:30 kronos or 4:00 loki.
Otherwise yr messed up
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 pm

i seen a expert rec his bo was 9/4/4 9 food and 4 gold and 4 wood and he had 4:00-4:30 classical.

1. first 6 on food
2.next 2 on wood
3.next 2 on gold
4.next 1 food
5.next 1 gold
6.next 1 wood
7.next 2 food
8.next 1 on gold
9.last one on wood

around the 2:40-3:00 you should make a temple.

also he made a oddysseus a jason so you shud also do the same.
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:36 pm

thx i apreciate it
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 8:45 pm

this only applys for huntable animals if u have berries and chicken this isn't gonna be a good bo for you.

so use this for tundra or any high hunt maps.

Last edited by EVIL_DeATh_PeNalTy on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:07 pm

EVIL_DeATh_PeNalTy wrote:
this only spplys for huntabvle animals if u have berries and chicken this isnt gonna be a good bo for you.
this is the exact reason you should not rely on build orders
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:42 pm

hm that BO was used by a 1800 pro so i will rely on this more then anything you rely on.

and you mean to tell me you don't have a BO and that you always never build buildings/get techs in the same sequence ever?

Last edited by EVIL_DeATh_PeNalTy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 am

Thats not the point. The idea is to focus more on being able to assess your map and play accordingly. The same BO wont always work if you have mapscrew.
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:15 am

BO only is used for the first 10 minutes of the game prob less and of course your gonna adapt to a map screw you have no choice like if lets say building walls isn't in your BO but you are playing in a map where there is many cliffs that with walls can offer gr8 defense then your gonna make it apart of your BO just for that game i'm not saying to play the game totally based just on the BO of course your not gonna have a BO for a 40 min game but mirez can't say he doesn't rely on BO cuz he himself has a BO.

what he prob meant was that.

"this is why you cant rely on these types of BO's"

since mirez is a egypt player every egypt BO is go classical make armory right after to do fh right after that make a midgol and spam chariots and siege towers and possibly elephants make a market somewhere between there take tc's to spam on mercenaries if needed and if he has a defensive position make walls that's for map screws sometimes the map screw will be a disadvantage and sometimes a advantage but doesn't mean you have to change your whole BO cuz of it.

and what kind of map screw would get in the way of your BO that you would have to change your BO cuz of it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BO Poseidon!   BO Poseidon! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BO Poseidon!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next