AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rush tuto for newbies

Go down 
+3
death
{PK}Mirez
[bMF]::Odysseus
7 posters
AuthorMessage

ID ID : 481623

rush tuto for newbies  Empty
PostSubject: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:10 pm

Hhmmmm…I hav seen lot of ppl asking abt rushes on gr and even on this forum…… I am posting this post trying to introduce thm with rushes so tht they can perfrom thm too…..many of ppl on forum hav posted build orders bt some of thm r very confusing and its lil hard to understand for newbies from theory so I am posting few recrded games along with build orders and few tips for new guys hoping tht it will surely help thm out…Very Happy (i love to built and use my own strtgies and no doubt hope hipp cent rush r too old ones bt i hav edited thm my own way so dont compare thm with others and few strgies slike hypa hydra archer spam etc r made by my own)

Ok I will strt with greeks as they r my favrt…..and they r the civilsation able to perform most of rushes in aom like Hopelite rush…Hippikon rush(posiedon raiding), cenetaur rush, scylla rush, collosus rush etcetc. …
Mostly zeus plyrs r curious abt hope rush so it’s the first one –
Hoplite Rush or Athena Rush- this rush is best in high hunt maps (Tundra, Savannah, etc.) best vs egyptians(gold starve) and atlanteans(they don’t hav any counter infantry unit other thn chiroballista {which r very costly} ;till heroic so u can rape thm bt don’t use against experts or they will reverse it lolz) bt if executed correctly will work against all gods making it easier for u to crush enemy empire bfore leting him to build it lolz…..Smile bt try not to use it against Hades….

Ok The first thng is to choose zeus lol …coz zeus focuses on infantry and heroes( hopes r provided with grter speed and bonus damage against buildings)
As soon as game strts press cntrl +z(hotkey for tc) and shift + v(hotkey to make villagers)
U will get 3 villagrs and a scout whn game strts….
Send 3 villagers on nearest food source {make granry} research hunting dogs ..
Send ur scout for scouting {explore near ur base first thn send him to explore enemys base}
Now send 4th villgr on food,
5th on wood
6th on gold {make store house}
7th on wood
8th on gold
Thn 9th on food again…
10th food
Now, with 11th villager make a house (H-T-H-G)
12th on food
13th on food
[At this time ur 11th villgr will complete building the house send him to make a temple]
14th on food
15th on food
16th on wood
As soon as ur temple completes click the adavnace button choose Athena(3:15-3:25 mins.best timings)
Select the 11th vilager from temple and send him to build another house thn on to gold
In this way whn u hav strted advancing u will hav 10 on food 3 on wood and 3 on gold
Whn advancing reaches 75% select 1 villgr from food and 1 from gold and send thm in middle of map or near opponents base…choose tc and make hero and put a rally point of tc and temple where u hav sended ur villgrs
U will advance nealry 4.15-4.25mins. as soon as u advance make ur both villgr to build military barracks and strt making hopelites choose a rally point near enemy tower (nearest to gold pile) or place where enemy villgrs r gathering food along with minotaur and jason (u will get minotaur and Jason till now on rally point)….make villagers and send thm on gold now… make more barracks and pump out hoplites from thm ….destry all towers bt protect ur hopes till tht time by microing…..
U r all set now for hope rush…. Rembr nearly 10 hopes + minotaur + Jason is enough to destry tc along with Restoration…..

here is the link - titan - http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/Xrf8yOM53g/odys-hope-rush.rcx
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/9DknE2uiwI/hope-rush-hard.rcx

•In this rush always keep an eye on pop limit…build house bfore ur pop capacity hits or ur hopes and villgrs will stop coming out making huge impact on ur rush :O
•As soon as u get enough food…upgrade ur hopelites and also research athenas improvements if u get enough wood(athenian shield is first to go with)….
I will edit this post as soon as I rembr more thngs abt this lol….

Cenetaur Rush- one of most famous name in all rushes…this rush really makes ur enemy cry for resources …
perform in low hunt maps or whnever u want lol….Best against Atlanteans and Norseans(against norse u must micro well to protect from herseris) and works well against Greeks too bt try not to never use it against Egyptians….

Ok this rush can b done both with zeus and posiedon so choose ur god (zeus builts favour faster)
I am posting with zeus and of low hunt map
Strting 3 villgrs on food
Scout with ur scout
4th villgr on food
5th villager on food
6th villager on food
7th on wood
8th on gold
9th on gold
10th on wood
11th on food
12th on food
13th on food
Now 14th villager on a house(make it to nearest place) thn send it on wood(use shift) soon u gets 100 wood and 100 gold order him to build a temple leaving wood… Send ur wood gatherers on food to gather food faster…
15th villgr on food
16th on food
as soon as temple builds and u get resources click on advance button choose Hermes for gods sake!!!!!!(again 3.15-3.25mins) send gold gathers on temple now for making favour…
now leave only 4 food gathers on food select rest 9 villagers and send thm on to wood!!
while u hav advancd 25% u r like 4 on food, 9 on wood 0 on gold and 3 on temple…
research Hand Axe
Now whn u get nearly 100 food click on ur hero…again choose a rally point for hero and ur cenetaur ….search with ur scout abt enemy villagers position
just aftr advancing put a que on cenetaurs in temple….kill enemy villgrs with ur cenetaurs and scout well to know his units postions while doing this job research Winged Messenger it will make Pegasus free of food,use thm to explore well…..
aftr making 3-4 cenetaurs stop que and upgrade ur cenetaurs from temple by researching Sylvan Lore…it will increase ur cenetaurs speed + attack + hitpoints making thm deadliest….

WHTS UP NOW???lol nothing u r actually performing cenetaur rush lolz.... now just conenctrate on microing ur cents and explore enemy villgrs...

here is the link - http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/lF4zvSF2Yg/cenetaur-rush.rcx

•rembr this rush is meant for destroying enemies eco...u cant destry ur enemy empire compltly with this so use Hopelites or hippikons in addition to vanish ur enemy from game...
•protect ur cents from enemy tc or towers
•while attacking on enemy villgrs group...if he sends his villgrs to attack ur cents....select tho one cenetaur whom villagers r attacking and change his place continously(rotate him) and simulatenously use ur rest of cenetaurs to attack his villagers Wink

HIPPOKON RUSH or POSEIDON RAIDING - this is also a gud rush to finish off opponents...posis hippis r cheap and hav many upgardes so damn powerfull...use vs egys(gold cntrl),atties(use cents with thm), greek...can b performed on low hunt maps too...(making ur enemy to create infantry unit which costs more food resulting prblms for him in low hunts)
choose Posi Razz thn
Scout with ur scout
4th villgr on wood
5th villager on gold
6th villager on food
7th on wood
8th on gold
9th on food
10th on food
11th on House thn on temple thn on wood(aftr gathering 2 favour)
12th on food
13th on food
14th on food
15th on food
16th on food
17th on gold
adavance again near 3.15-3.25 place Thesus in que...now place 3 villgrs of food on gold...place rally point of ur temple to spot where u want to send him...
now use a wood gather to create stable and que hippis in it....make anither stable and u r all set for Hippikon rush...
in this rush hippis must b backup by archers creating a deadly combo...
•upgrade ur hippis as soon as u gather resources
•use centaurs with hippis to make deadly and dont forget to ugrade ur cents....
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/fiKHggCi1q/hippi-rush-titan.rcx
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/jY6TCSo1OF/hippi-rush.rcx

ARCHER SPAM-))Ok lol u will not found this rush anywhere coz its my own its lil noobish bt funny and effective...no need to say hav to choose HADES for it Razz
Scout with ur scout
4th villgr on wood
5th villager on gold
6th villager on wood
7th on gold
8th on food
9th on food
10th on food
11th on House thn on temple thn on wood(aftr gathering 2 favour)
12th on food
13th on food
14th on food
15th on food
16th on food
17th on gold
advance with ares.....again 3.10-3.25 place ajax in que and rally point of ajax and cyclops must at same place...
research handaxe and place food villgrs on wood such tht u will hav this type of order
9 on wood 3 on food 4 on gold(or 3 on gold and 1 on temple)..
choose villgrs to build archery range try to bring it near ajaxs rally point...strt pumping thm out use multiple buildings to create thm and dont forget to uss ur scout well u also must use a pegasus for better scouting simultaenosuly at 2 places....kill his villgrs and just as he advances use pestilence power if u see he is military building....
try to save food so tht u can advance faster make castle bring out catapults from it to destry his buildings
•upgrade thm aftr getting wood....dont forget to build houses and place ur villgrs acrding to resource needed...
•use hope or hippi with archers...
•dont use archers vs buildings and protect thm against ranged buildings
•if ur archers die dont forget to look at ur temple to bring thm again as shades.... Twisted Evil
http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/9IEL0AreMy/archer-spam.rcx
(coming soon scylla rush, collosus rush etcetc. Razz)UNDER CONSTRUCTION lol

Last edited by [bMF]::Odysseus on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:24 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:39 pm

didn't I talk to you about this stuff for like an hour yesterday?

hurts my heart so see you forget all about it already

Last edited by Mirez on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
death

ID ID : 1451210

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 pm

lol oddy links don't work :/
Back to top Go down
Playin Chicks

Playin Chicks

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:34 am

nice guide you got here must of took a significant amount of effort to write this good job Basketball
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:54 pm

Great job!
Back to top Go down
Vaga

Vaga

ID ID : 712824

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Mirez wrote:
that's what she said
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:29 am

Just to a note. In your example rec against titan loki. There was no need for that 3rd barracks when you made it because you werent getting enough food to pump out from all 3 of them anyway so it was rather pointless and waste of wood. You should have just used those 2 villagers to hunt the food you pushed your enemy off of. I'd say you were lucky the computer failed to make a 3minute advance... but other than that. Good job. Nice tutorial too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:03 pm

Mirez wrote:

hurts my heart so see you forget all about it already
lol mirez we never talked abt this stuff we discussed on pegasus scouting and u helped me by guiding how to kill egys easily....just thts it....and if u meant abt my post in which i mentioned hope rush vs egy is gud by gold starvation there i already mentioned dont try it vs pros or they will reverse rape u...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:10 pm

EVIL_DeATh_PeNalTy wrote:
lol oddy links don't work :/
men it cant be keep trying lol it will work for sure links r fine...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 11:16 pm

LoLZorZ wrote:
Just to a note. In your example rec against titan loki. There was no need for that 3rd barracks when you made it because you werent getting enough food to pump out from all 3 of them anyway so it was rather pointless and waste of wood. You should have just used those 2 villagers to hunt the food you pushed your enemy off of. I'd say you were lucky the computer failed to make a 3minute advance... but other than that. Good job. Nice tutorial too.
well i made tht barracks just to make hopes on grtr speed rate lol...and yea it might b my mistake Very Happy bt it was fine i guess...
and lol in a way u can say tht coz i found his ulfasurk building temple and i bolted him 11...bt i had beaten many titans so it was not tht grt sort of luck...thnx anyway bro u have sharp eyes in game tht wht we learns from pros....
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:03 pm

Avoid triple posting pls. Use the edit button next time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rush tuto for newbies    rush tuto for newbies  Empty

Back to top Go down

rush tuto for newbies
Page 1 of 1