AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side

Go down 
+10
[bMF]::Odysseus
SlimShady
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^
RageNrOx
Andrw_13
Evil_Vegito
death
AoL_Iron_maiden
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:38 am

Exactly, the inside matters more than the outside.
One would be pretty lame to disagree.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

ID ID : 1203937

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:21 am

haha well put naka.

anyways.... nothing is really happening yet. im really trying to get 'the ball' rolling a bit.... so again.... all guys like me ask for is some simple cooperation. is that so hard to ask for? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
death

ID ID : 1451210

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:18 pm

i don get the whole "inside matter more then outside" line.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:40 am

looks vs personality.

instead of focusing on what voobly looks like, look at what it has to offer and potentially has to offer
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:03 am

Well at the very least you could use the rts sanctuary aot forums.....
If you refuse to play on voobly at least post there.
http://rts-sanctuary.com/The-Titans/act=news
Not getting one positive reply really hurt. (positive posts by mr Maiden don't count)
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:16 pm

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
looks vs personality.

instead of focusing on what voobly looks like, look at what it has to offer and potentially has to offer

hmm, ratings? which i don't really care about lol and what else does voobly offer.
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 pm

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^ wrote:
Well at the very least you could use the rts sanctuary aot forums.....
If you refuse to play on voobly at least post there.
http://rts-sanctuary.com/The-Titans/act=news
Not getting one positive reply really hurt. (positive posts by mr Maiden don't count)

good idea.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Ancient_Aliens wrote:
AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
looks vs personality.

hmm, ratings? which i don't really care about lol and what else does voobly offer.
we're speaking theoretically, right now. so regardless if the location is voobly or gameranger, the notion here is that we're uniting the populations so that there is no more separation.
so, using voobly as the likely location over gameranger since, again, there ARE many people who play rated as well as un-rated, it would attract everyone, not just half of the population.
so to answer your question, it offers activity, it offers numbers, it offers better players since the better players are typically the ones who enjoy playing each other for points and playing the ladder to get top.

mr ancient, i do not understand why you're so caught up on voobly having rate. you can play rated AND unrated.
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:57 pm

gr has more players who play unrated than voobly.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:24 pm

yes, but while i was playing on gr every single day, i met many many players who wanted to play for points. the aom players probly dont play on voobly because everyone there plays aot, so the aom lounge is rarely opened. but for aot gr players i'd have to play with u guys a bit more to really see what the real reason is.

i dont completely buy the whole 'we plya for fun, we dont like rated' bull shit hahaha. ya that may be the rare case for some, but the real reason why ppl dont play rated isn't because of hackers and unfair play..... i find that in rated and unrated on aot. the real reason is that some people are afraid to lose points, or are afraid to have a number put on their skill so they make excuses of why they dont want to or need to play rated.

but regardless..... its a fact that if all 3 server communities united, it'd be better and more enjoyable for the game. that is a straight up fact. so i honestly dont care why u dont play rated, why you dont want there to be any rate and this and that...... because you aren't required to play it lol.
again, all we ask is for cooperation.
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:51 pm

say whatever you want. All i want is to play a game, if its nice, share it in this site, and be active. I don't want to know my rating or something like that.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:39 am

no prob, dude, no prob Smile
again, all we ask for is cooperation Smile. we're working to make the game better for everyone Wink
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

ID ID : 2552530

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:33 am

right now: over 90 gamerooms in gr including both Aom + Aot ... with lets say an average of 3/4 ppl in them ... thats at least 270 ppl just in gr.. + 180 ESO ppl at most + the usuall 50 ppl from Voobly thats over 500 ppl playing the game.. ive seen AOC reach the 800 -900 ppl and its quite quiteee FUN... Now imagine what you could do with a united 500 ppl community! i mean that doesnt sound bad.. not at all, also consider the connection issues with gr wich are.. lets say less problematic than the GR's ones (italic and such).
Iron really has a valid point.. its just that GR is simply lovely ... the user interface its just perfect.. its quite amazing what the minimalism and abstraction can do.
In this case.. despite the numbers and awareness of the divided aom community.. i stay in gr drunken
OR
optional rates in GR yay xD

In fact... i would like the whole comunity to come to GR instead of us going there.. (of crse we'll not tolerate mh and stuff)
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:51 am

well think about it...... if tthis is going to happen, the server will have to cater to everyone's liking. so it will end up being voobly.
the gameranger guy has absolutely no intention of making rates available to everyone.... so it will have to be voobly

Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Yeah maiden, there won't be rates in GR and I think that's a good thing. I left eso because of cheat (mainly point drop and oos due to the point/stat system) many years ago and I was very happy to find a way for playing 100% fun and finally 100% free/fair (first with hamachi then GR)

About pop:
Andrew, when you say there is 180 on eso and 50 at voobly, that's every logged players while on GR you just count people who are playing (it doesn't represent 100% of the logged players).
GR is certainly the biggest community for the moment.

Even if it's a good idea to unit the communities, it won't be possible because there are different kinds of players :
people who play to be the best (regarding stats, points) with :
1 - the good and fair players
2 - the others (the problem): noobs who have to cheat for keeping decend stats... they sometimes argus, insult...

3 - And there are people playing for fun who just want to spend time with cool people, no cheat, no oos, no affront...

My opinion is that GR system is the solution, but the first category (good and fair players) have no more interest playing it... that's why unity is utopian with an unmoderated and overpatched game such AOM.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Lucifer***^

[Bo0T]Lucifer***^

ID ID : 376736

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:47 pm

RageNrOx wrote:
Yeah maiden, there won't be rates in GR and I think that's a good thing. I left eso because of cheat (mainly point drop and oos due to the point/stat system) many years ago and I was very happy to find a way for playing 100% fun and finally 100% free/fair (first with hamachi then GR)

About pop:
Andrew, when you say there is 180 on eso and 50 at voobly, that's every logged players while on GR you just count people who are playing (it doesn't represent 100% of the logged players).
GR is certainly the biggest community for the moment.

Even if it's a good idea to unit the communities, it won't be possible because there are different kinds of players :
people who play to be the best (regarding stats, points) with :
1 - the good and fair players
2 - the others (the problem): noobs who have to cheat for keeping decend stats... they sometimes argus, insult...

3 - And there are people playing for fun who just want to spend time with cool people, no cheat, no oos, no affront...

My opinion is that GR system is the solution, but the first category (good and fair players) have no more interest playing it... that's why unity is utopian with an unmoderated and overpatched game such AOM.

Good points .

Hamachi was fun for a while until gameranger came along , everyone shifted over here . The same should have happened when voobly started to support AoT ; everyone should have shifted over there but this didnt happen This arose the problem of "Split Communities " .

I remember you were advertising Gameranger on Hamachi like Greek_Lord was advertising voobly here Very Happy .

Im definetly pro voobly because their system is more advanced and there are better players . Ratings do bring cheaters but i havent seen too many of them since the time ive been there .

I do understand why people would want to stay over here too though. If you dont care about ratings and just want a lot of quick games , gameranger is ideal . There are always games hosted and you dont have to wait long at all . People play anyone who joins because everything is unrated . On voobly ive seen lots of newbies close their rooms when a better player enters it ( in order to maintain their rates ) , and not many people really bother to play unrated there .

Both GR and voobly have their advantages , though i think GR players should give voobly a chance and play a rated game there atleast once in a while .
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:59 pm

deep down inside, everyone plays this game to improve and become better, i don't think we just play it for fun cuz part of the fun is totally being able to own your opponent which requires skills which can be obtained by improving, what makes this game fun for me is being a good player and having the skills to back it up, i will give voobly another try, i will also try to get a few others to go there.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:34 pm

What I say is, give the players on GR, the SITE ADDRESS of VOOBLY(http://www.voobly.com/ ), instead of just keep on asking them "to play on voobly, it is better, more competition, ratings.... blah blah blah".
Just do that. The players who are interested will download the client of their own free will, & that will make them to have an actual interest in atleast TRYING it, & if they like it, they will play there, as well as bring their own friends to it.
You can't ask a person to leave GR, where he has been playing for like years, just like that.
You need to have patience, tell them step by step, ask them to browse the Voobly forums, they will get the interest by themselves, & will start playing it.

In the end, we won't have a SPLIT COMMUNITY, but we will have a COMBINED COMMUNITY, whose players play on both GR as well as VOOBLY.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:40 pm

i agree with you that it can't be a big sudden thing.....
but that's not what we're doing right now.... honestly right now imo this topic is to just get the word out that something needs to happen. the same thing is happening on rts-sanctuary.

and i think the whole point is to have everyone playing on 1 server like aoc... aoc still has over a thousand people playing all the time..... Razz
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:33 pm

1 server is too much of a Head-ache. There will be lots of arguments, cheating will rise, etc.
So, it's better if there are two servers, i.e GameRanger & Voobly.
That way, all can play on both the servers, & the competition will rise on both sides(maybe)
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:36 pm

i am going to blatantly and 100% disagree with you there, reginlief.
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 2:37 am

tried voobly again, looked at it and almost died of how boring it looked and felt.

edit: i just signed on it and now its much more popular lolll
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:02 am

tbh, compared to eso, gameranger and voobly both look pretty boring.
and tbh i dont understand why ppl say they dont like the voobly interface compared to the gr one.... it's all colorful and stuff.
when i first signed onto gr i thought that it looked like one of the old Windows 95 game windows..... was pretty sketched at first hahaha.
Back to top Go down
AoL_Iron_maiden

AoL_Iron_maiden

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:10 am

death wrote:

deep down inside, everyone plays this game to improve and become better, i don't think we just play it for fun cuz part of the fun is totally being able to own your opponent which requires skills which can be obtained by improving, what makes this game fun for me is being a good player and having the skills to back it up, i will give voobly another try, i will also try to get a few others to go there.
i like this guy lol. very valid and grounded statement imo.
(sorry for double post)

and i missed reading a few posts before. but ya i dont think it'll ever be a 100% uniting of the server communities. But tbh i guess what would be a good thing to do is to just spread the word that there is still competition and ratings and experts and recs and all that good stuff that is apparently related to voobly. There were LOTS of people i played with on gr that would ask me all the time about eso, about what i thought their rate would be if they played on eso, etc. So i dunno. If people just knew about it, thats all we can REALLY ask for. I've never really intended to want people to jsut forsake gr, or forsake eso to play on voobly.
Tbh i play on all 3 servers hahaha, i've said this before: there's no reason why people have to be a specific 1 server player, or a specific aom player, or specific aot player. I play on all 3, i play both aom and aot, and it's great lol. There's nothing wrong with playing on voobly for some competition and rate, and playing some chill, casual games with friends on gameranger :p
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:41 pm

Most of the players who USE this FORUM have played on all 3 servers,(maybe even 4 - Hamachi), including me.
& I've got to say, yes, ESO looks reallly good when compared to GR & Voobly.. But, in the end, it doesn't matter abt the LOOKs, only abt the SKILLS & TYPE of PLAYERs.

I've myself brought some few people to Voobly from GR, & all of them said that Voobly looks boring.. Even I said that myself when I 1st came on Voobly Rolling Eyes
But, what they(me) meant, is that, it takes a while to get used to this new server.
Nobody seriously gives a thought to the Looks of a server, even if it looks really bad, as long as there are good people to play with, & other factors.

AoL_Iron_maiden wrote:
i am going to blatantly and 100% disagree with you there, reginlief.
YOU DISAGREED with YOURSELF, my friend Razz :-
"There's nothing wrong with playing on voobly for some competition and rate, and playing some chill, casual games with friends on gameranger :p "
EXACTLY, you yourself said it. There is nothing wrong in playing on both VOOBLY as well as GAMERANGER. This is what I am saying, COMBINED COMMUNITIES.

THERE IS NO NEED TO MAKE A SINGLE SERVER (like that will ever happen) & make all play on Voobly, as you very well stated above.

& i am sure, that YOU are doing no part in this so called "uniting the aot communities" IRON_Maiden.. [You haven't logged into GR since Dec. 17th (maybe you are using another account?)]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side   Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Uniting the aot communities - before the game dies out on either side
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next