AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which is the best race?

Go down 
+14
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^
Andrw_13
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage
{PK}Mirez
[Bo0T] Pain***
Marzy
demon_niru
SuppaSapien3
Hades
EviL_NeOtron
Hexar_Cz
Evil_Vegito
RageNrOx
PAPUNAPU
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which is the best race?
Greek
Which is the best race? - Page 3 Vote_lcap44%Which is the best race? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
Egyptian
Which is the best race? - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Which is the best race? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Norse
Which is the best race? - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Which is the best race? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Atlantean
Which is the best race? - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Which is the best race? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

Which is the best race? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:58 pm

you guys do realize the eggy player needs to spend at least 2000 food on a trade before he can even do this?
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

ID ID : 375862

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Yeah Mirez, this is a lategame strategy like already mentioned. And an effective one too, as the Hathor mercs last quite long.
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:18 pm

not saying it isn't effective but it takes quite a lot of time and resources to set it up, a lot of people act like they are free and you can spamm them from 15 minutes non stop
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:26 pm

That 5vills-to-kill-maneuver isn't that expensive and you can get else there too. Or isn't that what you meant? And of course, you need at least min 25 to have enough gold to spam them for battle-lenght terms Razz
Back to top Go down
death

ID ID : 1451210

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:32 pm

they are pop free, not expensive enough, spam very fast, last a good decent amount of time(enough to win a battle for you), and on top of that they are pretty dam strong, that is too much power but i always spam them when i am ra cuz its fun lolz but they are beatable just gold starve him, if you cant gold starve an eggy(dis-including gay isis cuz of her A/E) that just means he is a better player then you and that you have to improve your gold starving skills IMO lolz.
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:33 pm

[Bo0t]Admiral Nakamura wrote:
That 5vills-to-kill-maneuver isn't that expensive and you can get else there too. Or isn't that what you meant? And of course, you need at least min 25 to have enough gold to spam them for battle-lenght terms Razz

true
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

ID ID : 2552530

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 1:51 am

Hey evil i see u are now a REvolucionario de Sur America, hope u know what tht means lawl Shocked
Back to top Go down
death

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 am

Andrw_13 wrote:
Hey evil i see u are now a REvolucionario de Sur America, hope u know what tht means lawl Shocked

lolz nah i have no clue, can u translate that in english pls
Back to top Go down
Andrw_13

Andrw_13

ID ID : 2552530

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 3:34 am

Revolutionary of South America = RSA
Also GDM = Gladiadores Del Mythology = Gladiators of Mythology
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:01 pm

[Bo0t]Admiral Nakamura wrote:
is not what I meant, 5 vills are in fact nothing at the 20 minute mark
Back to top Go down
Nopar

Nopar

ID ID : 416385

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Salam
When playing against eggies losing a TC is big problem also when trying to destroy an eggie TC u must pay so much....In my points of view cavalries and myths can take care of them better....
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:04 pm

don't bother with eggy town centers unless you have siege units, you'll end up sacrificing your entire army for a tc he will just rebuild right after that

remember the game is not about owning tcs, it's now when you killed your opponent's tc you win. It's about controlling gold if he has no gold he can't do anything and you will win.
In lategame (especially vs egggies) it's about controlling corners, egyptians need 2 corners to have sufficient trade and spamm mercs.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T] Pain***

[Bo0T] Pain***

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:45 am

I don't think controlling gold works every time lets say a map where gold is scattered everywhere..we can just make controlling gold but map control would make you a winner though..

This implies that there is no perfect strategy which stands at every case.
i guess you have to adjust to what your situation demands.....its more of how adaptive you are to the current situation.

Also what mirez meant about gold control is for Supremacy and Lightning but cant be applied for DeathMatch cause you would mostly go for Caravans from the start in DM.
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:56 pm

in deathmatch you start with a shitload of gold so there's plenty resources you can use to claim stuff
if you only have 200 gold left in your starting mine and my army is stronger than yours + I still have restoration what will you do?
I'll have a hoplite/tox/scout at every possible goldmine you can take and will push out the moment I see you're going there. You can retreat your villagers to somewhere else only to get beatdown over there, meanwhile I'll be upgrading/taking tcs/going heroic.

Sure this doesn't always work, maps like marsh and watering hole often offer backward gold, but that mine will also to run out sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T] Pain***

[Bo0T] Pain***

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:22 am

Mirez wrote:
I'll have a hoplite/tox/scout at every possible goldmine you can take and will push out the moment I see you're going there.

Why specifically Hoplite/tox/scout ?...why not ulfsark/TA/Raven ?..why not spearmen/slingers ?....

Back to top Go down
[bMF]::Odysseus

ID ID : 481623

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 9:00 am

[Bo0T] Pain*** wrote:
Mirez wrote:
I'll have a hoplite/tox/scout at every possible goldmine you can take and will push out the moment I see you're going there.

Why specifically Hoplite/tox/scout ?...why not ulfsark/TA/Raven ?..why not spearmen/slingers ?....

he just randomed greek...
if u worship hermes...pegasus spam can b awesomly well used in gold controlling...
and yes...gold control cant b always done...i hate playing vs egys...if u r playing vs egy plyr...do wall spam +building spam agaisnt thm...its awesome thng to slow thm...works nic against a+e too(still i hate it)
bt yes if u dont raid his gold...u r done for :X
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

ID ID : 366877

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Odysseus wrote:
[Bo0T] Pain*** wrote:
Mirez wrote:

if u worship hermes...pegasus spam can b awesomly well used in gold controlling...
and yes...gold control cant b always done...i hate playing vs egys...if u r playing vs egy plyr...do wall spam +building spam agaisnt thm...its awesome thng to slow thm...works nic against a+e too(still i hate it)
pegasus spam?? Use that favor to create centaurs. Cause priests can't hit centaurs when they are moving. Anyway athena is better choice because of restoration and nice hopolite upgrades. Wall spam and building spam?? Are you trying to boom against eggy cause its a really bad idea.
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 pm

you should make a few walls so A+E doesn't maul your army, after eclipse go to his migdol and tear it down with your siege hoplites, hips on mig or any chariots he might have, tox on repairing villagers, use restoration when you see fit

This strat is the best known anti isis strat in the game, magyar destroys isis players using this strategy. (action and i r noob spend quite a lot of time trying to prepare a counter strat)
Back to top Go down
Nopar

Nopar

ID ID : 416385

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 10:35 am

Salam
Can we prove our strategies with recs, I really dont understand some strategies scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 11:17 am

[UrK]_Vegito wrote:
Odysseus wrote:
[Bo0T] Pain*** wrote:
Mirez wrote:

pegasus spam?? Use that favor to create centaurs. Cause priests can't hit centaurs when they are moving. Anyway athena is better choice because of restoration and nice hopolite upgrades. Wall spam and building spam?? Are you trying to boom against eggy cause its a really bad idea.
hermes pegasus r free...needs only 2 favour and they will scout enemy gold mines the best...and non upgraded cents die against priests like nothing...priest r ranged so its damn tough to micro and bring thm out of danger...i never said athena is bad idea or hermes is gud idea...i just meant pegasus works gud in gold control...
i didnt used the word 'booming'...i said wall + building spam so tht if egy plyr attacks and casts his gay power a+e on u...walls and buildings will save u...and his rams will hav to do a lot of hard work in destrying thm...so it will give u enought time to counter -.-"
Back to top Go down
{PK}Mirez

{PK}Mirez

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:02 pm

I would NOT spamm pegasi vs eggy, such a waste of population
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Odysseus wrote:
[UrK]_Vegito wrote:
Odysseus wrote:
[Bo0T] Pain*** wrote:
Mirez wrote:

hermes pegasus r free...needs only 2 favour and they will scout enemy gold mines the best...and non upgraded cents die against priests like nothing...priest r ranged so its damn tough to micro and bring thm out of danger...i never said athena is bad idea or hermes is gud idea...i just meant pegasus works gud in gold control...
i didnt used the word 'booming'...i said wall + building spam so tht if egy plyr attacks and casts his gay power a+e on u...walls and buildings will save u...and his rams will hav to do a lot of hard work in destrying thm...so it will give u enought time to counter -.-"
First of all as mirez said, pegasus are waste of pop and won't actually work cause you always micro with CA hitting one unit with one group of CAs. Hence they are waste of pop.
You do building spam and let those rams take out the buildings which is a huge waste of resources.Also you are giving him time to boom to tooth mythic and spam ellies. Just build two walls and rush around them when invoking a+e. Unupgraded Cents are useless. I won't use them. As soon i hit classical i upgrade slyan lore(i think thats the spelling). Priests can't hit these centaurs and are very good even for running away from a+e Smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:17 pm

[UrK]_Vegito wrote:
Odysseus wrote:
[UrK]_Vegito wrote:
Odysseus wrote:
[Bo0T] Pain*** wrote:
Mirez wrote:

First of all as mirez said, pegasus are waste of pop and won't actually work cause you always micro with CA hitting one unit with one group of CAs. Hence they are waste of pop.
You do building spam and let those rams take out the buildings which is a huge waste of resources.Also you are giving him time to boom to tooth mythic and spam ellies. Just build two walls and rush around them when invoking a+e. Unupgraded Cents are useless. I won't use them. As soon i hit classical i upgrade slyan lore(i think thats the spelling). Priests can't hit these centaurs and are very good even for running away from a+e Smile.

well i liked to make pegasus and and put thm on patroling bt yeah i got it..its not a grt sort of idea..bt i used tht spam in few matches like one was vs hades...i clicked rally point and qued pegasus...they were in huge no. the enemy archers were attacking thm and i my peltats+archers and hippis were attacking thm...so they saved my units...nvm
and i donno abt ht fact bt i saw magyar recrds...he use to boom against egy which u r saying a bad idea...he use to boom and go with full hippi... lol i feel noob against egys(worst civilisation to face as enemy) so i am just trying to make a best counter strgy for sucker lamers...i hate thm from core lloll
Back to top Go down
Evil_Vegito

Evil_Vegito

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:31 pm

1. I never saw magyar booming. I only saw him building a wall and running though it and depending on micro for the rest of the game.
2. I never saw magyar making full hips. He himself told me that full hips is a very bad idea cause every hip is not gonna fight. So make archers too.
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

[Bo0T]Nakamura***^

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Recently i figured that norse are best. Just check this vid, it's good for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYBkDxao3wg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the best race?   Which is the best race? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which is the best race?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next