AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beedman

Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? Empty
PostSubject: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:33 pm

I was trying to play age of mythology with a friend on gameranger, because I cannot connect to the AoM online, and we can't get directIP to work with the game either. We found each other's games on GameRanger and joined in but when the game starts, the host gets in and the other person almost gets all the way into the game but then it stops and says that it can't connect because the versions do not match. The problem is that the version DO in fact match. We were both running on version 1.10 (the latest version) and then we even tried both re-installing the game so we were both back to version 1.0 and it still didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this doesn't work? I've sent a message to the GameRanger support but gotten no response. Any help would be appreciated.
I really don't understand the problem because I've tried hosting a game of age of mythology and some entirely random person joined in and we played a game perfectly fine, but I can't seem to connect properly with my friend.

Thank you for any help.
Back to top Go down
benimussus

benimussus

ID ID : 1942751

PostSubject: Re: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 pm

1. you must have the same CRACK (very important ... i think this is it )
2. read above Razz
Back to top Go down
Beedman

PostSubject: Re: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:00 am

Thank you.
So if I'm using a cracked .exe and they're not, it won't work?
Back to top Go down
benimussus

benimussus

PostSubject: Re: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Yes , if your aomx.exe are not the same ... that's the kind of error you should get .
If you fix it , tell me what was the cause .

And if you and your friend like the game , and want to participate in aom tournaments , register here , and read the forums Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EviL_NeOtron

EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: Re: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 1:18 pm

no... that's the same problem i experienced few days back when me and my friend tried to play aomt via home LAN but it wud never connect....... Aom always work fine but for some reason aotm never connects it always shows ip 0.0.0.0 (at the same time aom shows ip correctly and it wud connect) .... i never found the solution... i wud be pleased if someone will post the solution....

Noti : i've tried both cracked and uncracked versions...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mouth-organ.blogspot.com
benimussus

benimussus

PostSubject: Re: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 pm

hmm ... that 0.0.0.0 happened to me when i tried to play aomt (before founding gameranger)
gameranger fixes that problem neotron .
Back to top Go down
EviL_NeOtron

EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: Re: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 pm

actually i was talking about playing aomt on home lan ( which wont require internet connection but just a cross cable )... never succeeded doing so....
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 pm

Neotron (or someone else, don't remember) has the IP problem on GR, I think... and we've fixed it just once, then it came back :s.

Well, for Beedman, he just has to get the same Cracked aomx.exe (and his friends too).

There may be also a problem with IPs, but the error message is not the same (you just get timeouts).

Read this tutorial and take the cracks from it . HERE
Back to top Go down
EviL_NeOtron

EviL_NeOtron

PostSubject: Re: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:41 pm

ya Rage i m the same NeOtron but that case was different.. anyway forget it Smile .. thanks anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?   Says game versions don't match; but they actually do? Empty

Back to top Go down

Says game versions don't match; but they actually do?
Page 1 of 1