AOM on Gameranger
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first community of Age of Mythology Gameranger gamers!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes

Go down 
+4
gallantgreg
SMD_bazookatooth
LoLZorZ
SuppaSapien3
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes Empty
PostSubject: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 1:48 am

Lately Ive been playing a lot of Kronos/Norse players, and I gotta sya the rush times for advancement as been getting earlier, earlier, AND EARLIER!!! I find it hard to defend say a 3:30 Kronos rush with Zeus/ Poseidon
Early temple/ hero combo works, but what ends up happening is my hero gets raped by a overflow of scout heroes. Walls don't help either considering the Promethean knock them down quickly. Can someone help me???? pale affraid scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuppaSapien3
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:14 am

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOTM&showtopic=132718&#entry1499622
example of how u may fight off the rush, early hero, also hassle one of his oracles before he advances, with the right micro you should be able to win
Back to top Go down
SMD_bazookatooth

SMD_bazookatooth

ID ID : 55555

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 7:49 am

i know man shaneboy and his damned kronos rush makes me so mad
if he picked any other god i know i would smash him and i dont consider him a better player than me even though he can beat me everytime
i just cant defend against a 5 min rush and come out stable
heres what happens

http://www.pclive-assistance.fr/share/files/get/HVqJQZxyKR/shaneboykronos.rcx

this is the closest ive com to beat his kronos rush but my eco is too messed up to maintain
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 2:45 pm

As soon as you find one of his oracles with your scout you must never leave it alone. Fight it until you kill it. Also bring out a hero before you advance and micro well. Tbh a 5 minute Kronos rush is just slow.

Also 1 more thing against kronos, if you are poseidon you can try do a militia rush, but you have to practice this a lot before you get the hang of it and it really only works once unless hes a complete noob and doesnt figure out how to deal with it.

But yeah, a Kronos player doing a 5 minute rush would get slaughtered in a normal game. 5m is far too slow, if he were going for semi rush which is still fast but has abetter economy, you're still looking at 4mins-4mins 20 seconds (depending on map). In 5 minutes you would have gotten rushed by Norse already.

Edit: Im going home again for the weekend, if i see shaneboy i'll play him 1v1 with loki, see who can rush hard first Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm

lol Please post the video somewhere if you do because i have to see this
Back to top Go down
gallantgreg

gallantgreg

ID ID : 398077

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 4:56 pm

loki is one of the best matchups for kronos
use an annoying hersir + raiding cavalry combo and he is powerless if he tries to rush
i find almost any norse can beat kronos in a classical fight because of how strong raiding cavalry are
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:13 pm

gallantgreg wrote:
loki is one of the best matchups for kronos
lol its good advice and everything but lets talk about the greeks, lol

Last edited by SuppaSapien3 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:13 pm

I really dont want to post the video...
every1 is going to start playing loki :S loool
Ok, i'll post the rec if i can
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:14 pm

okay thx
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 5:17 pm

A tip, I have found that i have gotten much better even though i havent had a human opponent in ages by watching a lot of expert recs. If there is a god you like and you want to see how the pros play with them, their different build orders on different maps etc, check em out at agesanctuary.com
Top ESO players posting recordings here all the time.
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 2:33 am

you really been a big help man. THx!!!! tongue
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

ID ID : 532021

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 10:28 am

yes , even i hav started watching some pro games lately too Smile
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:32 pm

OKAY what about norse?
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:33 pm

Well saying "what about norse" is like saying What about eggy?
What specifically about norse?

Edit: Also for Kronos rush, you can play Isis, start off by putting a monument near the middle of ur base so he cant deconstruct. Thats one thing. Also block towers with houses, by the time he gets to attack them you would have advanced and start defending, after that make a few military and priests, 10 or so will be enough to defend with the right walling. Then go fast heroic.
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 am

Meh played him, couldnt beat him. Its faster than a 5 minute rush Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 11:12 am

LoLZorZ wrote:
Meh played him, couldnt beat him. Its faster than a 5 minute rush Very Happy

Against whom hav u played? Question
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 12:53 pm

shaneyboy
Back to top Go down
[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

[Bo0T]Hell_Mirage

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:29 am

so he won? which god did he use & which god u used?
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 3:27 pm

He used Kronos, did the 4minute rush, not 5 and his micro was pretty good. He cut me off from gold and i couldnt do anything. I was loki
Back to top Go down
RageNrOx
Admin

ID ID : 376121

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:09 pm

LoLZorZ wrote:
A tip, I have found that i have gotten much better even though i havent had a human opponent in ages by watching a lot of expert recs. If there is a god you like and you want to see how the pros play with them, their different build orders on different maps etc, check em out at agesanctuary.com

+1

I learnt with Ourk^^
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 10:34 pm

RageNrOx wrote:
LoLZorZ wrote:

+1

I learnt with Ourk^^

Yup very useful for build order and micro learning. Also sometimes useful tactics are used Smile
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 am

YOOOOOO!!!!. I just recently played a zeus player, (hes name was RemiGaillard i think), who actually manage to beat my loki AND kronos rush with the same tactic!!!!!!!! I wish i could post the rec game but my files are buggy. Crying or Very sad what he did was get to classical at 3:40 by putting 13 people on food and two on temple. He puts 10 on wood, then he gone hermes and immediately gets the centaur upgrade while sending his centaur to my tc. With loki he bolts my ulsark, and with kronos he sees me grouping my scouts and bolts one
by the time i got a promethain he sends two centaurs to my tc(by the way thats all hes making, and gets(kills) 2 of my villies with the sure shot centaur spacial. Because he got the upgrade, I couldn't catch up to them. and when i build walls, he hit them. he soon had 6 centaurs, and when i try to Promethean raid him, his heroes kill me. I though it was a great tactic, but i know it would require high hunt, and high micro. I resigned because of his raiding, and because the score dropped from 650 to 730 to him having 1230 whne i had 720. Well tell me what you guys think????? Is this a good tactic to do?
Back to top Go down
LoLZorZ

LoLZorZ

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:44 am

What you should have done was started making turmas and turn em into heros, whenever he raids, get them from behind. This is also why manors are pwnz, you need to be playing close attention to the minimap when playing against a centaur rusher
Back to top Go down
SuppaSapien3

SuppaSapien3

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:54 am

yes but there is a problem what what yr saying.
1. i wasnt expecting a greek do even go past 4:30 classical yet catch with me
2. he actually advanced earlier than me ALREADY KILLING one of my villies.
3. i did manor turtle but by the time i made enough manors to hide in he had so many centaurs crawling in my tc it was like having roaches in a motel six!!!! lol!
4. i cant pay attention to arm and villies. well i can but even when the best players see the score start shooting up for opponent you gt a little discouraged...
Back to top Go down
gallantgreg

gallantgreg

ID ID : 398077

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:05 pm

[Kronos]
If he went for a 3.40 classical and catches you by surprise there isn't much that you can do if you went for a 7man build.

You might have to defend a little. Some tips would be to not have more than 5 citizens gathering from the same spot. Move your manors to help against raiding (prevents citizens dying but you are losing resources anyway). Keep 3 Turma or Katepeltes to use your valor god power on and use the rest of your military to start raiding and possibly deconstruct his temple.
Hero Katepelte are slightly stronger and are useful if he sends Hippikon to raid you as well. Hero Turma are faster (but still will not catch retreating Centaur Polemarch) but they are not effective against Hippikon.
Use the "Tab" button alot because you might miss the warning on the minimap when you get raided.

If you know he is going for a fast classical then use a 5-6 man rush which should be around 3.30-4.00.
If he bolts an Oracle scout it doesn't really matter. Not a good idea to use too many Hero Oracles anyway, it might be easier to surround his base and gain some useful sight and deconstruct his temple. (does anyone know if alt+a works on hero Oracles? i never tried it before)
Using the Oracles line of sight along with Turma you might be able to contain him.
If he manages to get an Odysseus out, then don't bother fighting him (with promethians or turma) and after that I would usually try to get heroic so we can use some siege (Behemoth or Destroyers) to finish off his TC.
If he has no heroes out, then 6 Promethian is enough to take down a TC.

[Loki]
I have absolutely no idea what to do while playing Loki
I don't really know what do while playing Kronos either
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes   Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeus/Poseidon- Defending raids/rushes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next